The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Who was the left back? One of the worst players I have ever seen.

Dobbie is a level above what age is he now? Light years ahead of anything else you have on that performance.

It's true this isn't a classic Queens team.  Very much a transitional period for us at the minute with too many at the wrong end of their careers, and too many untried youngsters who may or may not be good enough.  We still managed to deal with your mob easy enough though.  Something you seem to be dealing with incredibly well.

Ainsley-Harriott-landscape-630x472.jpg

It's true this isn't a classic Queens team.  Very much a transitional period for us at the minute with too many at the wrong end of their careers, and too many untried youngsters who may or may not be good enough.  We still managed to deal with your mob easy enough though.  Something you seem to be dealing with incredibly well.

Ainsley-Harriott-landscape-630x472.jpg

Who's at the end of their careers, other than Lyle and Rankin?

Changing tack meant to post yesterday when I got home as I was swearing at the radio yesterday in the car ( :shutup ).

Anybody hear 'Off the Ball' post game? The subject of Stephen Dobbie came up and that pompous buffoon Graham Speirs weighed in. He said he thought at Hibs Dobbie was one of the most talented of his generation and should have done more but he had done decently down South and shouldnt really be playing with the likes of Queen of the South now. No issue particularly with that (he really shouldnt be at this level yet). What annoyed me was that Scotland's prominent high profile footballing 'expert' went on to add that he hadnt realised Dobbie was back in Scotland but it was good to see him grabbing a couple of goals!

:1eye He has been here for a year you clown. He was the top scorer in the division last season and given the Division 'Starman' award by the SPFL. And you never noticed but purport to talk and write as an expert on the game. Sums up everything wrong with press coverage of the game up here. Had little impact on Celtic or Rangers so not of any consequence.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Dobbie [emoji6]

You know why I omitted him [emoji6]
End of their careers as in age or end of their careers as in not good enough and should jack it in ? 

Up to you. I assumed cammy meant the former.
Changing tack meant to post yesterday when I got home as I was swearing at the radio yesterday in the car ( :shutup ).
Anybody hear 'Off the Ball' post game? The subject of Stephen Dobbie came up and that pompous buffoon Graham Speirs weighed in. He said he thought at Hibs Dobbie was one of the most talented of his generation and should have done more but he had done decently down South and shouldnt really be playing with the likes of Queen of the South now. No issue particularly with that (he really shouldnt be at this level yet). What annoyed me was that Scotland's prominent high profile footballing 'expert' went on to add that he hadnt realised Dobbie was back in Scotland but it was good to see him grabbing a couple of goals!
:1eye He has been here for a year you clown. He was the top scorer in the division last season and given the Division 'Starman' award by the SPFL. And you never noticed but purport to talk and write as an expert on the game. Sums up everything wrong with press coverage of the game up here. Had little impact on Celtic or Rangers so not of any consequence.

Oh yes. That caused some fruity comments in our car too.

Yes I did hear it. Although it did anger me too, I wasn't surprised by Speirs total lack of knowledge of the game outside of Glasgow. Typical lazy central belt journalism.

He's very active on twitter, isn't he? Maybe the club should invite him along to watch our "new" signing

Even though he's clearly ignorant on the subject he actually came across as a nice bloke when I saw him tbf.

13 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Anyone who thinks Spiers is a top football expert needs to take a look at themselves. He's the "Besty" of football journalism.

On another note: It appears that McFadden is still in with a (slim) chance of a contract as Manager Naysmith says in one of today's papers that he is still training with us but won't be rushed on his fight for fitness in time to feature in Betfred Cup games or possibly even early Championship games. (paraphrasing the article)

I listened to Open All Mics yesterday. The build up was all about Celtic in Europe and how we could shake up the game to stop the other teams from embarrassing themselves in Europe. They then had two pundits covering the Celtic friendly whilst several League Cup matches, our own included, had zero coverage other than goal updates well after the event.

Perhaps rather than worrying about our game being taken seriously in foreign countries our media should look into taking it more seriously themselves.

4 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

I listened to Open All Mics yesterday. The build up was all about Celtic in Europe and how we could shake up the game to stop the other teams from embarrassing themselves in Europe. They then had two pundits covering the Celtic friendly whilst several League Cup matches, our own included, had zero coverage other than goal updates well after the event.

Perhaps rather than worrying about our game being taken seriously in foreign countries our media should look into taking it more seriously themselves.

Yep it wound me up so much that I've put in a complaint about it! No reporter at Falkirk Dunfermline & Qots games yet a reporter & summariser who both kept referring to the Lyon game been meaningless as it was Celtics second team...Jesus wept. 

We huffed and puffed a bit. And clearly we are short on numbers. Everyone knows that, including the manager, its not a revelation.
However, though we left it late, we werent bad today. Longworth gave us some problems but Stenny have had two shots at goal all day, one of which was a penalty. Rooney had an aberation at the goal, first in losing his man then in clearly fouling him trying to get back in. Otherwise though we never looked troubled at the back and I thought Brownlie and Fordyce did well.
Lacked invention mostly first half but we were playing into driving wind and rain. Without exactly peppering the goal the second half was one way traffic with Stirling stepping up his game. Dobbie was the class act though, scoring two and making one for Rooney who made up for his error with a great looping header.

Yes Rooney looked a lot better going forward than defensively. Hoping his first half performance down to lack of time to gel. Dobbies corners were dreadful - we seemed to be pulled up for fouling every time just trying to get to them. Maybe it was the wind but...

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Anyone who thinks Spiers is a top football expert needs to take a look at themselves. He's the "Besty" of football journalism.

On another note: It appears that McFadden is still in with a (slim) chance of a contract as Manager Naysmith says in one of today's papers that he is still training with us but won't be rushed on his fight for fitness in time to feature in Betfred Cup games or possibly even early Championship games. (paraphrasing the article)

Hiya Nobby,still here.

It's a shame you don't read nor understand what I post , you could learn a lot .

Naysmith out around Christmas time, you watch 

Edited by Besty