The Queen of the South thread

15 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

That indeed is the point and where Naysmith has got it all wrong.

I went through all this earlier.

Would he really stick to his petty, dismissive attitude and ignore the fact we have an experienced 'keeper on the books, with a squad number and whom we are still paying and then add to the costs of the Club by paying for a loan goalie as you advocate ? Personally I think he would.

If so,  the Chairman should veto his request and tell him where to go !

He inherited Robinson and he obviously thinks he's not good enough plus there may be other reasons why he doesn't like him. 

It all depends on how long Martin is out for I suppose but if it's one or two games then he's got to bring Robinson in (unless he genuinely believes Leighfield is a better option). If our limited budget was used on another GK I'd be extremely pissed off.

They've taken a gamble on the goalkeeping side of things, it's now come back in their faces. Just play the young lad and let's see what we get. If we're honest even with our strongest 11 would we be expecting to bring back anything from United?

Edited by Hawk

I don't think we are realistically expected to get a decent result on saturday. So taking that into account give leighfield a chance to show what he got. I think it would silly of the club to do an emergency loan when like people have said their are goalkeeper options at the club. Whatever people's personal feelings are on Robinson he still an experienced goalkeeper. But that said he is not the second choice goalkeeper. Leighfield is. Leighfield to start with Robinson named on the bench.

9 minutes ago, Trollied said:

Just throwing this out but if Martin isn't fit for Saturday and the manager wants hee haw to do with Robinson how's about approaching Cammy Bell to play as a trialist ? He is a free agent . 

Two things wrong with that plan. Firstly Cammy Bell signed for Kilmarnock on Friday. Secondly Trialists arent allowed in the Championship.

Guest Flash

If Robinson had been injured last season, apart from a one-off, we would have brought in an emergency loan. This is the same situation. People have to think as though Robinson doesn't exist. The wages are an issue, but not the main issue. It is all very well saying the chairman should tell Naysmith where to go, but it wasn't Naysmith who gave Robinson a 2 year contract. So, Naysmith is stuck with a situation which is none of his doing. If the chairman had an issue with another keeper being signed, and Robinson being paid to sit at home, the time to prevent it was before Martin signed. So, he must have trusted Naysmith's judgement. And they must have discussed what would happen if Martin got injured.

I don't believe that Naysmith is trying to freeze him out just because he doesn't rate him. If Dowie, for example, hadn't left, I don't think he would have been frozen out like this. I could be wrong, but I think there is more to this than Naysmith just thinking he's not very good. And I don't think the board would have sanctioned Martin being brought in and paying Robinson to sit in the house if they hadn't fully considered all of the consequences. The decision whether or not to bring in another keeper should completely ignore Robinson's wages. That is the price we have to pay for somebody's error in judgement in giving him a 2 year contract.

1 hour ago, Steeplechat said:

Naysmith been knocked back by about a dozen players already due to financial restrictions :(

The supporter groups should set up a foundation or even go down the crowdfunding route or the club could do another share issue.

I cant believe the Rubbish being spouted on here Re Lee Robinson a lot of people have short memories. We wont be signing another Keeper do you see Board Sanctioning another Keeper. No chance I dont think league would allow it either 2 fit Keepers on books.  Lee will play at Tannadice If Martin is out no matter what people think about Lee Whatever happened to Backing our players not Slagging them off.  Call yourself true Queens fans Mr Naysmith has to Man manage situation he Needs Lee Robinson He has to go to him now.  I knew the Goalkeeping situation would come back and bite us And Naysmith would have to go back to Lee I would hope Any Decent Fan will be behind Lee not slagging him on saturday how is that going to help us get a result Someone else posted on an other page about Negatitivity well Slagging your Keeper in favour or not is Negativity some on here are Hypocrites.