The Queen of the South thread

19 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

I see this is affecting you 

Someone bloody change the sign for this mans sanity 

It is.

I nearly tore the sign off myself, but am trying to hold off fully fledged nutter mode.  I don't think I can hold out much longer though.

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Robinson is on a good wage at Queens as a player coach.

You either have him as part of the squad or work out a deal to get him out .

Is James McFadden still training with Queens if so what are we doing with him are we going to offer him anything.

Sure the club has tried to get Robinson off he wage bill but it's not always legally that easy. People want to forget about him he ain't in the managers plans and that's it, he brought in Martin as his No1 and thank Goodness he did. Young Leighton will be used same as Jim Atkinson emergency only.

Time to for everyone to move on.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It is.

I nearly tore the sign off myself, but am trying to hold off fully fledged nutter mode.  I don't think I can hold out much longer though.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.  If you can hold off until the week beginning 9th October I think you'll find the sign is in fact correct and our next opponents are Dunfermline.

46 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Sure the club has tried to get Robinson off he wage bill but it's not always legally that easy. People want to forget about him he ain't in the managers plans and that's it, he brought in Martin as his No1 and thank Goodness he did. Young Leighton will be used same as Jim Atkinson emergency only.

Time to for everyone to move on.

How can we move on when a player is getting good money not to play.

Thomson last season was not in the managers plans he was gone before the season started . 

Robinson should be our 2 nd choice keeper .

Look at Killie they have just signed Bell does that mean McDonald is now 3 rd choice 

25 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.  If you can hold off until the week beginning 9th October I think you'll find the sign is in fact correct and our next opponents are Dunfermline.

I'll do my best, but that's about eight or nine weeks away.  I live very near that sign and go past it every bloody day, so that's a lot of seething.

The fact that it has a date in May emblazoned on it won't really help with the October thing either.  

I could tear off the relevant sticker, but that would probably only unveil an even earlier fixture and then where would we be?

59 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

I agree with MT on the sign. 

Whilst all fans will know who we are playing next , to anyone else it just screams bumbling amateurish incompetence.

Exactly. Or just that no-one really cares.

Forget about Robbo, he's history.  Play the young lad, he's the future.

57 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

How can we move on when a player is getting good money not to play.

Thomson last season was not in the managers plans he was gone before the season started . 

Robinson should be our 2 nd choice keeper .

Look at Killie they have just signed Bell does that mean McDonald is now 3 rd choice 

I think the problem is naysmith told Robinson he wouldn't be part of his plans and that he wouldn't play no matter what, hoping that Robinson would leave or get another club. Robinson for whatever reason, most likely to be, that he hadn't found a club to pay him the same wage as queens, has decided for now, to stay put. Naysmith now has the problem of swallowing his pride and putting him back in the team or really piss him off in hope that he says he's had enough and leaves. At a club with no financial restraints the player simply gets paid up. Unfortunately queens aren't in this position so their only choice is to really sicken Robinson i.e. Make him do double sessions with the 20's in Dumfries and hope he leaves. 

. Unfortunately queens aren't in this position so their only choice is to really sicken Robinson i.e. Make him do double sessions with the 20's in Dumfries and hope he leaves. 

I know it happens all the time in football, but I'd hate to be the club where a player decides to put in a constructive dismissal claim in. You'll end up being the fall guy for the entire culture in the game where this sort of thing is seen as acceptable management.

11 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I know it happens all the time in football, but I'd hate to be the club where a player decides to put in a constructive dismissal claim in. You'll end up being the fall guy for the entire culture in the game where this sort of thing is seen as acceptable management.

Totally agree.

Whatever people think of Robinson - and to be honest, I don't really get the levels of antipathy for him - he has every right to work to the terms of his contract.  

It's no more acceptable for a boss to treat him badly in the hope he'll leave, than it would be for any of us.  I'm not suggesting that's what's happening here by the way, but the idea that it would be somehow ok if it was, is way wide of the mark.

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Why would the club be at fault if they decided to do this? I'm pretty sure part of a players contract states that the player will train at, where and when, at the discretion of the club. That's why so many teams do it and get away with it. Im not saying it's the right thing to do but for the goodness of a team it sometimes has to be done

Leighfield with Robinson on the bench. If we have a budget for 3 more players and one is used on a goalkeeper when we have 3 at the club I'd be extremely pissed off.

If we were a big club with a big budget then a new goalkeeper wouldn't be an issue in these circumstances. Unfortunately we can't afford to piss money up the wall just because a player is disliked. If Naysmith asks the board for funds for a goalkeeper then I seriously hope he's told where to go.

The situation feels like the exact reverse of the Baird fiasco.

Guest Flash
22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Leighfield with Robinson on the bench. If we have a budget for 3 more players and one is used on a goalkeeper when we have 3 at the club I'd be extremely pissed off.

If we were a big club with a big budget then a new goalkeeper wouldn't be an issue in these circumstances. Unfortunately we can't afford to piss money up the wall just because a player is disliked. If Naysmith asks the board for funds for a goalkeeper then I seriously hope he's told where to go.

The situation feels like the exact reverse of the Baird fiasco.

So, because we're not a big club, team matters are not left to the manager?  If the board effectively force Naysmith to include Robinson in the squad, that will do it for me. This is a point of principle. The board have to back the manager. If that means they have to personally fund the loanee's wages, that is what they should do. Depending on Naysmith's reasons, it might have been different if he had signed Robinson, but he didn't. Doesn't really matter, though. He has decided he is finished with Queens and that is the end of it. Robinson's wages are a legacy of a previous decision which has turned out to be wrong.

You don't play somebody just because they are being paid. We brought in Thomson and Rankin last season while Hamill and a couple of youngsters were still on the books who could have played in midfield. Don't remember the same song and dance about that.