The Queen of the South thread

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No idea what you think it has to do with the League? Since when did the League dictate how many keepers you can have on your books?

Ok League have nothing to do with this Skyline Drifter But Club wouldnt sanction another keeper being on books when other areas of team need reinforcing what message would that send out to Fans and Lee Robinson.

2 minutes ago, The Caul Back said:

Naysmith has just been on local radio, says they should have two out field players by the weekend, and if Martin is still injured he may consider bringing in a keeper, if Robinson is picking up a wage, why not use him.

I agree Caul Back it just sums up what is going on at club at minute if Lee is no longer Needed why is he still on books pay him off.  I think the way Lee is Being treated is shocking and been badly Man managed by Mr Naysmith if you ask me for the record I still dont see the BOD bringing in another keeper.

1 hour ago, kirkyblue2 said:

The supporter groups should set up a foundation or even go down the crowdfunding route or the club could do another share issue.

This has been discussed on a few supporters buses and may be in the pipeline 

Naysmith has just been on local radio, says they should have two out field players by the weekend, and if Martin is still injured he may consider bringing in a keeper, if Robinson is picking up a wage, why not use him.

So what is the point in leighfield being at the club. Seriously what's the point. Leighfield or Robinson should be in goals on Saturday not some random keeper for a game or two.

19 minutes ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

I think he is trying to point out the fact the league won't allow a loan signing as we have two fit goalkeepers signed

But that isn't a fact, it's something he made up. The League don't have any powers of veto on loan signings because they think you don't need one. If you are within your quota for number of loans and not beyond 31st March then you can sign what you want. We can bring in another 8 goalkeepers on loan if we like and the League could do not a thing about it.

1 - Jim Patterson, 251 goals in 462 appearances, 1949 - 1963
2 - Bobby Black, 120 goals in 346 appearances, 1952 - 1961
3 - Andy Thomson, 114 goal in 196 starts (35 sub) appearances, 1989 - 1994 & 2006 - 2007
4 - Derek Lyle, 111 goals in 257 starts (78 sub) appearancs, 2002 - 2004, 2004 - 2006 & 2012 - Current
5 - Jocky Dempster, 98 goals in 342 starts (13 sub) appearances, 1970 - 1979
6 - Tommy Bryce, 95 goals in 283 starts (14 sub) appearances, 1985 - 1987, 1994 - 1998 & 1999
7 - Stevie Mallan, 94 goals in 233 starts (32 sub) appearances, 1993 - 2000
8 - Tommy McCall, 93 goals in 264 appearances, 1925 - 1934
9 - Ian Reid, 89 goals in 192 starts (5 sub) appearances, 1973 - 1978
10 - Jimmy Robertson, 89 goals in 378 starts (22 sub) appearances, 1979 - 1987 & 1989 - 1993
11 - Stephen Dobbie, 85 goals in 133 starts (17 sub) appearances, 2007 - 2009, 2016 - Current
12 - Jackie Oakes, 81 goals in 457 appearances, 1936 - 1947 & 1951 - 1960
13 - Iain McChesney, 79 goals in 587 starts (28 sub) appearances, 1961 - 1982
14 - Rowan Alexander, 78 goals in 165 starts (18 sub) appearances, 1978 - 1983 & 1995 - 1998
15 - Billy Houliston, 74 goals in 155 apearances, 1945 - 1952
16 - Jackie Law, 71 goals in 226 appearances, 1936 - 1948
17 - John O'Neill, 70 goals in 143 starts (52 sub) appearances, 2001 - 2003 & 2005 - 2008
18 - Lex Law, 68 goals in 316 starts (18 sub) appearances, 1964 - 1975
19 - Jimmy Rutherford, 66 goals in 65 appearances, 1930 - 1934
20 - Willie Dougan, 65 goals in 88 appearances, 1922 - 1925

He's 4th on 111. Andy Thomson is 3rd on 114.
I'll post a full update shortly.

Thanks. That's some achievement. Quick check of wiki suggests that's more than lee Miller (2 spells 39 goals) Rory loy (2 spells 34 goals) and Craig sibbald (33 goals) have scored all together for falkirk

Just now, bridge of allan bairn said:

Thanks. That's some achievement. Quick check of wiki suggests that's more than lee Miller (2 spells 39 goals) Rory loy (2 spells 34 goals) and Craig sibbald (33 goals) have scored all together for falkirk

Wiki stats are usually just league goals. Lyle's totals are all first team goals.

33 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

What's the script with Lee Robinson anyway? Why won't he be used at any cost? Has he had some sort of massive falling out with Queens? 

He shouldn't be at the club but he's seeing out his contract. He's 3rd choice behind a young lad which indicates to me that there may have been a fallout. Some dafties still don't get it and think he should play. Apart from that he's shite.

On 02/08/2017 at 13:26, Stellaboz said:

Do you play Brechin or Dumbarton early on? I'm a cynical type and would expect one of these teams to slighly go out and try get Dobbie out injured.

On 02/08/2017 at 13:51, Monkey Tennis said:

I wouldn't imagine for a moment that it would happen, but I guess he's suggesting that clubs seen as relegation candidates, would have most to gain by depriving us of Dobbie.  There's a certain logic there, in that without him, we'd be regarded by many of us as joining them.

Bringing this back a wee bit here but I would be disgusted if this was in any way our game plan and to be honest it's a slightly offensive suggestion - we've kept ourselves in this division for 6 seasons now and I don't ever remember us kicking teams off the park, quite why we'd feel the need to start now is anyone's guess.

On 02/08/2017 at 17:05, Northfield 53 said:

Dumbarton are now after Joe Thomson.

Surely  that is one of the signing Naysmith is waiting on to get back on loan .

I really can't see Celtic wanting to keep Thomson he is nowhere near the 1st team but maybe he enjoyed it more at Dumbarton so wants to go back 

Not sure where this has come from but...

On 02/08/2017 at 21:45, Skyline Drifter said:

They wanted Joe Thomson to move on to a full time team. I dont think it was any generic policy across all players.

Is this suggestion of Thomson to Dumbarton not someone putting two and two together and getting five? When it became clear Dumbarton were getting a player from Celtic there was speculation it would be Thomson returning. It wasnt though, it was a full back. Presumably if Thomson WAS going there it would have been done at the same time. :unsure2:

I think you're right, SD, folk just heard "Celtic loan to Dumbarton" and mentioned the guy who played for us last year. Given that Stevie Aitken pretty clearly stated on Saturday that he was looking to bring in a striker at the moment and we have a plethora of players capable of playing centre midfield, I would highly doubt we're looking at Thomson (as much as I would love to see him return). 

What kind of message would bringing back Robinson give to Leighfield. Sorry, you are our 2nd choice goalkeeper but only if you have to sit on the bench all the time. If we actually have to play you then sorry we have to get another keeper or grovel to Robinson.