The Queen of the South thread

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Because he's under contract and isn't rated that highly I'd have thought.

There might have been some interest for all we know, but if, as would seem likely, it came from a part-time club, the terms might not interest the player.

Thanks for squaring the circle. He isn't good enough for us hence we signed Martin. Leighfield is probably not ready so we need to bring someone else in. Not that difficult really.

Guest Flash
25 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I see it pretty plainly too.

If due to injury, a formerly unfancied player moves up the pecking order to appear, where's the problem?

Your picture of Ally McLeod sums up how the rest of us feel about your inability to grasp this.

10 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Thanks for squaring the circle. He isn't good enough for us hence we signed Martin. Leighfield is probably not ready so we need to bring someone else in. Not that difficult really.

He's probably good enough to fill in for a bit, as might be Leighfield.

As you say, not difficult.

Just now, kirkyblue2 said:

He's either good enough or he's not, my god man.

Addressing me in such a way will not help my messiah complex.

The point doesn't really stand though, does it?  Stand-ins tend, by their very nature to be less good than those they stand in for.  

I think that Robinson has done enough to be considered suitable as a stand-in at a club like ours.  

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Addressing me in such a way will not help my messiah complex.

The point doesn't really stand though, does it?  Stand-ins tend, by their very nature to be less good than those they stand in for.  

I think that Robinson has done enough to be considered suitable as a stand-in at a club like ours.  

Then why isn't he? Ever heard the song there's a hole in the bucket. I think you are deliberately missing the point.

5 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Then why isn't he? Ever heard the song there's a hole in the bucket. I think you are deliberately missing the point.

I don't know why he isn't.

It seems that plenty people don't either, yet wholeheartedly agree that he shouldn't be.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't know why he isn't.

It seems that plenty people don't either, yet wholeheartedly agree that he shouldn't be.

Maybe I'm giving you too much credit. I don't know why he's not second choice but it doesn't take Einstein to make an educated guess. Naysmith doesn't rate him, wants him gone to free up a wage and probably had a fall out. Hope that helps.

11 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Maybe I'm giving you too much credit. I don't know why he's not second choice but it doesn't take Einstein to make an educated guess. Naysmith doesn't rate him, wants him gone to free up a wage and probably had a fall out. Hope that helps.

That stuff all makes perfect sense and is obvious enough.

What I don't get is why people think that in these current circumstances, there can't possibly be a place for Robinson.

Anyway, I'll leave it there.  That sign won't check itself. 

10 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

probably had a fall out

Who do you think 'spat the dummy' then ?

Here's some pointers;  Robinson is a very easy going guy with strong links to the Club, Naysmith's attitude toward players is appalling who thinks it is okay to slaughter them in public and obviously decided when he came in that certain players were not to his liking.

If he thought Robinson was no good then why did he keep playing him last season ? 

He could have played Atkinson or maybe he thought he was no good either then surely if he thought Leighfield was superior in ability to Robinson then he would have promoted him last season.

His decision to 'bin' 2 'keepers with 1st team experience 'en masse' is now coming back to bite him.

This is not so much about Robinson as it is about Naysmith.

I repeat, his managerial skills are greatly lacking and the sooner he is gone the better.

Last season the club did match preview and they were a good read. It was also a useful way for the fans to know the extent and time to recover from injuries the players had. Hopefully the club release one before the game and give detail on Martin's and dobbie injury and when we can expect them back.

45 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Who do you think 'spat the dummy' then ?

Here's some pointers;  Robinson is a very easy going guy with strong links to the Club, Naysmith's attitude toward players is appalling who thinks it is okay to slaughter them in public and obviously decided when he came in that certain players were not to his liking.

If he thought Robinson was no good then why did he keep playing him last season ? 

He could have played Atkinson or maybe he thought he was no good either then surely if he thought Leighfield was superior in ability to Robinson then he would have promoted him last season.

His decision to 'bin' 2 'keepers with 1st team experience 'en masse' is now coming back to bite him.

This is not so much about Robinson as it is about Naysmith.

I repeat, his managerial skills are greatly lacking and the sooner he is gone the better.

So why did Naysmith spit the dummy and when?

6 hours ago, Queens til I Die said:

People have short memories Lee is a Legend at the club and to be slated like he is on here is Disgusting. Happy clappers the lot of you Lee was in a team Last season that was good up until all the Nonsense Started within the club. Its a team game to single out one player as the blame is wrong.

A legend, that's plenty.

The frustrating thing about Robinson was unquestionably the unnecessary antics involving the opposing forwards - barging into them when he could easily have side stepped them and generally giving a potentially weak Referee a decision to make.He managed to avoid the disastrous red card but was often walking the tightrope.

Overall though, he gave us decent service and if we ignore the slip against Dunfermline, you will go a long way to see a keeper who is more comfortable with the ball at his feet. In the modern game I wouldn't under estimate the importance of that.

As Monkey Tennis said if Naysmith was so negatively disposed to him he could have dropped him in favour of Jim Atkinson on numerous occasions.

I am sure Martin is an excellent signing but he doesn't look the fittest guy and you have to be fit now to play in goals because dealing with a succession of back passes in the course of a game tests the fitness especially when pulling the trigger to clear your lines when under pressure.

16 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

The frustrating thing about Robinson was unquestionably the unnecessary antics involving the opposing forwards - barging into them when he could easily have side stepped them and generally giving a potentially weak Referee a decision to make.He managed to avoid the disastrous red card but was often walking the tightrope.

Overall though, he gave us decent service and if we ignore the slip against Dunfermline, you will go a long way to see a keeper who is more comfortable with the ball at his feet. In the modern game I wouldn't under estimate the importance of that.

As Monkey Tennis said if Naysmith was so negatively disposed to him he could have dropped him in favour of Jim Atkinson on numerous occasions.

I am sure Martin is an excellent signing but he doesn't look the fittest guy and you have to be fit now to play in goals because dealing with a succession of back passes in the course of a game tests the fitness especially when pulling the trigger to clear your lines when under pressure.

Cant get fatter . . . I mean fitter than that

soccer-in-America-fat-goalkeeper.jpg

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I am almost certain that Aldo didn't miss a single game last season. He went off with a back injury against Morton in January, but played the following Saturday against Hibs.