The Queen of the South thread

Addressing me in such a way will not help my messiah complex.
The point doesn't really stand though, does it?  Stand-ins tend, by their very nature to be less good than those they stand in for.  
I think that Robinson has done enough to be considered suitable as a stand-in at a club like ours.  

Look there's no way someone like Robinson is going to stick around and be second choice in these circumstances. Whatever you think about him (and I appreciate you are actually supporting him here) it's going to feel like a huge slap in the face bringing in a new No 1 ahead of him. His situation only works for Robinson if he feels like he can hold onto the No 1 spot if he comes in but Naysmith has clearly burned those bridges.
I'd be much happier with Robbo coming in rather than risking Leighfield but I can't see it happening and the manager has to take some responsibility for whatever car crash happens come 3pm Saturday.
Interesting that SD staying out of this debate. Suspect he knows too much and is far too sensible to join in....

2 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

Look there's no way someone like Robinson is going to stick around and be second choice in these circumstances. Whatever you think about him (and I appreciate you are actually supporting him here) it's going to feel like a huge slap in the face bringing in a new No 1 ahead of him. His situation only works for Robinson if he feels like he can hold onto the No 1 spot if he comes in but Naysmith has clearly burned those bridges.
I'd be much happier with Robbo coming in rather than risking Leighfield but I can't see it happening and the manager has to take some responsibility for whatever car crash happens come 3pm Saturday.
Interesting that SD staying out of this debate. Suspect he knows too much and is far too sensible to join in....

Well he was willing to go to Sweden and be a backup and he was willing to be third choice keeper at Rangers so I'd have him as exactly the kind of person to stick around.

Well he was willing to go to Sweden and be a backup and he was willing to be third choice keeper at Rangers so I'd have him as exactly the kind of person to stick around.

Aye but maybe in those cases he was managed appropriately? Of course I don't know how he's been managed. He could be a total tw@t for all I know.
But those who are so negative about him don't seem to know either. That's kinda the point.

19 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Who do you think 'spat the dummy' then ?

Here's some pointers;  Robinson is a very easy going guy with strong links to the Club, Naysmith's attitude toward players is appalling who thinks it is okay to slaughter them in public and obviously decided when he came in that certain players were not to his liking.

If he thought Robinson was no good then why did he keep playing him last season ? 

He could have played Atkinson or maybe he thought he was no good either then surely if he thought Leighfield was superior in ability to Robinson then he would have promoted him last season.

His decision to 'bin' 2 'keepers with 1st team experience 'en masse' is now coming back to bite him.

This is not so much about Robinson as it is about Naysmith.

I repeat, his managerial skills are greatly lacking and the sooner he is gone the better.

It's nice to see someone making a rational statement instead of some of the others on here who don't actually look at what's happening.

It's easy enough to see there is a personal issue here.

Nayidea,is an arrogant  bully as seen with his antics with Hammil and Anderson who appear to be forced out of the club.

i just wonder if Robinson is having none of it ,

He brought in a keeper when he hadn't offloaded the ones he didn't like.bit silly really.

I'm sure he will need Robinson to leave before he can spend,so can't imagine Robinson doing him any favours.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he played Martin injured and get someone to kick the ball for him, rather than eat humble pie.

Live by the sword.......

Just an opinion by the way

Edited by Besty

Well, that's unexpected :huh:

Delighted that Jason Kerr has gotten himself a move to a full time championship club. I haven't seen much of him, but the East Fife fans rate him very highly. I suspect he'll need a bit of time to settle though.

Chris Kane, I'd argue, is currently a top end championship/lower end premiership player. He's played plenty of first team football for us and hasn't looked disastrously out of place in the top flight. I'm not sure the shape we're currently playing suits his style so I guess he's as well out getting regular football at a good level. He's also just signed a new 3 year contract with us if that gives you an idea of the kind of standing he has amongst the Saints coaching staff.

Two very good signings I'd suggest. I'm very surprised we've let Kane go though.

Edit: both loans until January. Kerr's will easily be extended until the end of the season. Kane may depend on what happens with Michael O'Halloran.

Edited by Kyle