The Queen of the South thread

If the players could get us promoted it would be worth it, perhaps second place at a push.  Anything else and it wouldn't be worth it.  I'm quite content with another season hanging about the middle of the table but getting to watch a genius at work every second Saturday.

Great start to league campaign 3 points, 4 goals scored all without the injured Dobbie & Martin coming off early. Another striker hopefully to sign this week to boost the striking options.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

In short yes it would be an idea. How much do you think we'd realistically get? I doubt we'd reach 6 figures. And do you really think we'd get 3 players as valuable as Dobbs for under 100K. IMO I highly doubt it.

Dobbie is a class apart in this league. IMO he could still do a job in the Premiership for a mid-lower table side.
It's all hypothetical at the minute though but IF he was to move there I would hope that he would command a £100k price tag.
Providing Billy doesn't invest that money into his retirement fund I feel we could get 3 very decent players to replace him......obviously not quite the same calibre as God himself but enough to give the squad more strength and depth.

2 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Not to blame for the goal (in my opinion), but understandably nervous.

If Alan Martin is out for a game or two, hopefully the manager will stick with Jack and give him a chance to see what he can do. Very difficult position to play in as a youngster but sometimes being thrown in at the deepend is the best thing for them. I wasn't at the game today but are things looking a wee bit more optimistic or was it more a case of Brechin being poor?

If Alan Martin is out for a game or two, hopefully the manager will stick with Jack and give him a chance to see what he can do. Very difficult position to play in as a youngster but sometimes being thrown in at the deepend is the best thing for them. I wasn't at the game today but are things looking a wee bit more optimistic or was it more a case of Brechin being poor?

Let's not be too negative as you can only beat what is in front of you, Brechin were the poorest league opposition we have seen at Palmerston for a good few years though.

Let's not be too negative as you can only beat what is in front of you, Brechin were the poorest league opposition we have seen at Palmerston for a good few years though.

This. Thought Murray done ok today. As for Dobbs no chance should be sold its a no brainer.

I don't think there's any truth in it but if he was leaving it's probably not his decision! If he had to go I would just hope it wasn't to another club in this division.

He clearly had much better options but still chose us so I'm not too worried about it.

As for this afternoon, the players did everything they could today to lighten the mood.

Yes it seems it was a poor Brechin side but at least today they did d what should've been done against EK and Albion R.

A few weeks ago my feeling was our starting 11 looked good. I was starting to doubt myself but hoping this proves me right, especially as it was without Dobbie.

Lower to upper mid table will depend on the quality of the 2-3 signings to come and luck with injuries. On that note I hope we don't lose out on an outfield player due to Martin's injury

59 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Great start to league campaign 3 points, 4 goals scored all without the injured Dobbie & Martin coming off early. Another striker hopefully to sign this week to boost the striking options.

Would think we will see both Dobbie & Martin start next week at Tannadice. Dobbie seemed happy at palmerston today in his QoS tracksuit.

There is absolutely no way that we could get anywhere near 100k for Dobbie. Remove a 0 and it might be realistic.

Scottish clubs with exception of big 2 rarely pay a transfer fee for anybody these days - they are all looking for freebies with zero fees.

Would hate to see Dobbie go and I don't think he will.

It was however good to get the win today without him. Hopefully as someone else said it will give the others a bit more belief in themselves and make for a better all round team.

There is absolutely no way that we could get anywhere near 100k for Dobbie. Remove a 0 and it might be realistic.

Scottish clubs with exception of big 2 rarely pay a transfer fee for anybody these days - they are all looking for freebies with zero fees.

We paid £10k for Mercer so what does that do for Dobbie's valuation?!

33 minutes ago, louisxiv said:

It would be madness to say goodbye to Stephen. Daft to think we could cash in. There aren't 3 players we could afford whose combined strengths would get close to what he brings to the club and who's to say we could trust our management team to bring in the right players even were the money to be available. I don't think I could go back if they let Dobbie go tbh. Would be a true sickener. He's a club hero and if If he did go the board would have to take a major fucking pelting and quite right too. I'll probably cry if he goes, Seriously. I couldn't go to Paisley or Falkirk and see him in one of their shirts. Would end it for me. 

Edited by louisxiv