The Queen of the South thread

Guest TOPFITTER
1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Without wishing to add gratuitously to the negativity, I wish someone would update the board on Lochfield Road.  Am I right in saying the Trust look after it?  

As of an hour or so ago, our next home game is against Dunfermline on 6th May 2017.  It's been bugging me all summer.  

The TRUST pay the bill for the sign, updating the firm that produces the actual signage was transferred to QOS as they more readilly have up to date information. The TRUST have this week been in touch with the club to remedy the situation and it is in hand. Please allow a little leeway nobody deserves hung out to dry over a sign we never used to have.

3 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

The TRUST pay the bill for the sign, updating the firm that produces the actual signage was transferred to QOS as they more readilly have up to date information. The TRUST have this week been in touch with the club to remedy the situation and it is in hand. Please allow a little leeway nobody deserves hung out to dry over a sign we never used to have.

Fair enough.  I really wasn't wishing to criticise the Trust who do lots of good things.  I knew they had something to do with the sign, but was obviously mistaken in thinking this was their failing, when clearly it wasn't.

You're right about the sign not having once been there.  Given that it is though, would you not agree that it's important that it's up to date?  Otherwise, we probably are genuinely better served by not having it.

Anyway, as I said, I've no desire to hang anyone out to dry, so apologies if it looked that way.  It's just something that's been niggling me.

Guest TOPFITTER

Personally given how quick people have been to criticise the sign and any failings in its' information or lack off, if any other person or group wishes to take on it's management and costs I'm sure the TRUST could be persuaded to give the sign up ;)

12 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

Personally given how quick people have been to criticise the sign and any failings in its' information or lack off, if any other person or group wishes to take on it's management and costs I'm sure the TRUST could be persuaded to give the sign up ;)

Ill take it

Ill use it to put abusive messages towards Naysmith/Players/Board on it

15 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

I'm not having a go at the trust but your argument is fairly silly. If the trust have the sign surely it is in the club and the trusts best interests to at least have it up to date. We have only had the league fixtures for over a month now. 

If it's the club that are behind they should be getting their finger out and having the sign with the right info on it.

Edited by Broony88

14 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

Surely the nature of a sign, its purpose even, is to attract attention.  

If one of its main functions is to provide news of coming attractions, but it's three months out of date, I don't think there's much wrong with highlighting that to be honest.

2 hours ago, football maniac said:

Is Dykes going back? Feel sorry for the boy as the amount of criticism he has had to endure has been ridiculous.

Really, know the story do you?