The Queen of the South thread

8 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Naysmith does have a hard job he has a very tight budget probable the smallest  full time budget in the league .

Then maybe he should be more careful when he's spending 

Even though midfield is not his top priority surely he wouldn't turn down Thomson? Did he not say early this summer he would like him back?

I think he said that it was not a position he needed to strengthen at that point. [emoji848]

Guest Flash
7 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

I see big JT has left the club, anyone shed some light on this?

Personal reasons most likely.

Presumably the OS will have an announcement soon because, atm, it just says on the coaching staff page that he has left. In theory, he could still be there, but just not on the coaching staff.

If he's gone then I wish him all the best. I know some folk seem to have something against the guy but other than not wanting him to be our manager I've no problem with him and he always comes across as a decent person to speak to. He was a great servant for us on the pitch and this image will never leave me until the Dementia kicks in:-

bf4165655352c25999e732b38f1a32d3.jpg

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If he's gone then I wish him all the best. I know some folk seem to have something against the guy but other than not wanting him to be our manager I've no problem with him and he always comes across as a decent person to speak to. He was a great servant for us on the pitch and this image will never leave me until the Dementia kicks in:-

I reckon that moment will even survive the dementia.

For me, Jim will be a big miss.  I wonder what his plans will be and if they'll take him away from the area.  He's offered a lot more locally than I think lots of people appreciate, working extremely effectively with youngsters, some of them, troubled.

Since he stopped playing, I think there's a perception that he just sells draw tickets in hospitality, or barks at people when charged with a coaching role.  

He's been more than that and it deserves to be recognised.

I wish him well.

Disappointing that big JT hasn't left the club in this manner. I remember talking to him a good few years ago at a couple of community events in Dumfries and his passion and commitment to Queens shone through. He was a great front man for our community programme and before that a fine servant of the club on the pitch. I wish him well. 

From afar, it seems that Queens are in total disarray at the moment. We've had the Fans Liaison Officer resign after a couple of months, a manager who doesn't seem capable of assembling a competitive squad, rumours of cuts to the playing budget, fans saying they won't attend games and a fairly rotten start to the season on the pitch to boot. The whole football club seems a complete shambles currently.

The Board and particularly the Chairman have got to take some responsibility for the current situation. The club has been in free fall since Skelton walked last season and only a couple of decent loan signings in the January window and Dobbie's talent and goals kept Queens from a tough relegation battle. The communication from the Queens Board has been absolutely dire of late. We used to get occasional updates from Mark Blount, but unless I've missed somthing, the last of these was way back on the 6th January. There needs to a plan of how Queen of the South can progress on the pitch in order to enthuse committed, lapsed and occasional fans of Queens and tempt some of them back to Palmerston. 

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

4 minutes ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Disappointing that big JT hasn't left the club in this manner. I remember talking to him a good few years ago at a couple of community events in Dumfries and his passion and commitment to Queens shone through. He was a great front man for our community programme and before that a fine servant of the club on the pitch. I wish him well. 

From afar, it seems that Queens are in total disarray at the moment. We've had the Fans Liaison Officer resign after a couple of months, a manager who doesn't seem capable of assembling a competitive squad, rumours of cuts to the playing budget, fans saying they won't attend games and a fairly rotten start to the season on the pitch to boot. The whole football club seems a complete shambles currently.

The Board and particularly the Chairman have got to take some responsibility for the current situation. The club has been in free fall since Skelton walked last season and only a couple of decent loan signings in the January window and Dobbie's talent and goals kept Queens from a tough relegation battle. The communication from the Queens Board has been absolutely dire of late. We used to get occasional updates from Mark Blount, but unless I've missed somthing, the last of these was way back on the 6th January. There needs to a plan of how Queen of the South can progress on the pitch in order to enthuse committed, lapsed and occasional fans of Queens and tempt some of them back to Palmerston. 

A pretty fair summary covering all ongoing issues.

The rumour I've heard is that the Chairman wants out, and that could be the root cause of the current malaise.  I think Mr Hewitson has - on the whole - done an excellent job during his tenure, but the current situation is doing nobody much good.

The sooner that is resolved - or denied with affirmative action - then we can all move on.

Without wishing to add gratuitously to the negativity, I wish someone would update the board on Lochfield Road.  Am I right in saying the Trust look after it?  

As of an hour or so ago, our next home game is against Dunfermline on 6th May 2017.  It's been bugging me all summer.  

Edited by Monkey Tennis

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

100%.

Funnily enough I came across on Sky Football yesterday ' Scottish Cup Greatest Games', of which this was one..

I still got a tingle after that ball hit the net.

For all the stick JT has taken, you cannot take that moment away from him or our history.

A thoroughly decent and pleasant man and a great asset and ambassador for our Club.

Footnote; I was hoping that the Semi would feature at some point too as it truly is one of the Scottish Cup's greatest games.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Some memory. 

The JT story is, by the look of it, only part of a few problems behind the scenes. According to the OS Ryan Wilkie, our Physio appointed in June, has also left the club to go to St Mirren. It would appear that our new Physio is Gavin lee who is listed as St Mirren's Physio...was this a transfer deal?