The Queen of the South thread

9 minutes ago, Flash said:

Talk about kicking a man when he’s down.

These two players will be a big miss as Queens have two key players injured. Hopefully other loan players arrive and Carmichael and Fordyce return soon. McFadden supposedly leaving too.

Are Kane and Kerr at Queens until the end of January?

Edited by NOTS

Talk about kicking a man when he’s down.
ITK guy reckons we might see Liam Gordon loaned to you in place of Kerr.

How do you think they'll cope in the top flight? Both should get chances in the team.

we need better options of the bench no offence to the youngsters I don't think there ready for the first team yet. I think they need to go on loan and get a good run of games under there belt and then we will get a proper look at them.
as said before Naysmith has a big January coming up.

Ooft. Genuinely shocked and disappointed Kane is going back. I'd say a striker is now on the list as well then. The idea of Dykes leading the line for the rest of the season gives me the fear. Shame Naysmith only bothered to give Kane a chance in the last few weeks.

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Signing a midfielder who can actually control a football and pass it consistently to a teammate would be a plus.

Joe Thomson? As was remarked this afternoon, he achieved more in his first 5 minutes than Tapping did in his whole game.

I don’t like being hard on individual players, it’s their livelihood and often a short precarious one - BUT, it’s obvious to us all that it’s not working out for Tapping. His occasional glimpses of skill and something more are but a distant memory, and in the battlegrounds of the Championship you need the midfield to battle. Like Jacobs.

9 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

Joe Thomson? As was remarked this afternoon, he achieved more in his first 5 minutes than Tapping did in his whole game.

I don’t like being hard on individual players, it’s their livelihood and often a short precarious one - BUT, it’s obvious to us all that it’s not working out for Tapping. His occasional glimpses of skill and something more are but a distant memory, and in the battlegrounds of the Championship you need the midfield to battle. Like Jacobs.

Thomson is a decent player and I`m very pleased he has returned. What I`m trying to say is that we  really need a player who can control the tempo of a match. I don`t see him in that role.

We get away with our weakness in midfield because of how well Jacobs breaks up the play and protects the back 4 albeit he`s not someone to control the game. Without  him our lack of a play maker is even more exposed and that was very much the case today.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Are Kane and Kerr available for Tuesday when do there loans finish 

According to Wikipedia (which I know isn't always the bastion of truth)  they are signed on loan until 31st January.

23 minutes ago, Swarley said:

According to Wikipedia (which I know isn't always the bastion of truth)  they are signed on loan until 31st January.

I think that is extremely unlikely given that it would take them beyond the 4th round of the Cup and they weren’t allowed to play in the 3rd round.

Transfermarkt has their loans expiring on the 10th, no idea how reliable that is. We don't play again until the 21st, I'd be a bit surprised if we waited until after then to get them back but that's just a feeling.

Yesterday was absolutely honking, can’t keep shipping goals that we are. Rooney isn’t the answer, mercer is fine as a stop gap, we badly miss Fordyce for me. Said it after the game yesterday and seem to miss his organisation.

Midfield, Lyndon has his critics maybe rightly so but for me he is not a winger, he’s a striker, he brings nothing to the party from left, Stirling shows in flashes but needs to be involved more in games. Missing Jacobs in middle, Rankin grafts but is piss poor on the ball ive lost count how many times he hooks it into no mans land or up in the air. Tapping is shite, that myth of him being a player can go away now, Thomson has to start in there, with Rankin just now until Jacobs comes back.

Upfront, I think we’re fine but if we’re to lose Kane we probably do need someone. But other positions are a priority for me.

New centre half, right back, winger. Are musts.

Transfermarkt has their loans expiring on the 10th, no idea how reliable that is. We don't play again until the 21st, I'd be a bit surprised if we waited until after then to get them back but that's just a feeling.

What’s Liam Gordon like? I thought we could only take two players on loan per club a season, could be making that up though.

What’s Liam Gordon like? I thought we could only take two players on loan per club a season, could be making that up though.
A chunk of our support want him as a starting centre half for us.

He's a big, strong, deceptively quick centre half who's relatively good on the ball. Played against Dundee yesterday, was last man, under heavy pressure, and he managed this bizarre wee flick through his own legs to get beyond the press. He's pretty raw and shows inexperience when going for balls though, prone to going for headers he'll never win and leaving a huge gap in behind.

15 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Naysmith got some building job to do in January by the looks of it......

Going to be very difficult to get players in with the budget Naysmith has..

Last thing we needed was Kane and Kerr going back .. 

Marshall and Jacobs look like they are going to be out for over a month  so somehow we need to get players in or will we just play the young boys  .

As soon as we lose Jordan Marshall we are in big trouble defensively because we have no natural replacement. When you add in Fordyce's absence it seriously weakens us.

It is at times like this that you look to your GK to help out and perhaps keep you in games............that has certainly been a forlorn hope. With the exception of Antell I can rarely recall a keeper who has impressed me less and while it would be great if he suddenly "leapt into action" literally - he shows no sign of it. I don't know how long GN can justify picking him?

The central midfield has under- performed all season and only the industry of Jacobs has masked the problem. Stirling has contributed little but I am convinced that if we had a ball player in midfield delivering proper service to him we would see a different player.

With Kerr and Kane returning to Perth we are very short of quality. Fortunately we have a big gap over Falkirk but I suspect they will re-group in transfer window and start cutting the deficit.

Relying on Rankin and Tapping to support Jacobs was a big error. McFadden wasn't what we needed so a mini re-build is required budget permitting.

Good optimism after Dunfermline win has sadly evaporated.