The Queen of the South thread

I see Akubuine has gone out on loan to BSC Glasgow. An interesting choice rather than the usual Dalbeattie Star/Annan Athletic/Gretna 2008 fare. Can SD or anyone explain why he's gone to them specifically?

I would be interested to see info about the progression of players who have gone out on Development loans. My impression is that the ones who have been sent out on development loans previously have tended to be released at the end of the season, i.e. it's something we do for players we don't believe will make it. That is very possibly wrong though...

3 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

I see Akubuine has gone out on loan to BSC Glasgow. An interesting choice rather than the usual Dalbeattie Star/Annan Athletic/Gretna 2008 fare. Can SD or anyone explain why he's gone to them specifically?

Because he is living in Hamilton since he joined the first team squad and its much more convenient for him to join a team up the road. He was on Development loan to Dalbeattie last season when living in Dumfries and training with the 20s.

As for Development loans, both Jack Leighfield and Connor Murray were on one at Gretna last season. Third choice keeper Sam Henderson has been on at least three too.

Reilly had a season on loan at Gretna which was before the concept of Development Loans existed (this is only their third season). Had they been around then he would have been on one no doubt.

We really need to somehow get a forward  in with pace.

Ferguson has done okay but he has no pace and I just can't see him score goals for us .

Not looking like we will sign anyone before the window closes we really need experience but I suppose that cost money just have to go with the young boys who sadly won't get us into the playoffs 

With the injured players returning 1 by 1 ie Fordyce then Lyle followed soon by Marshall, Jacobs & Dan it would be great to get one more player, a pacy forward with an eye for goal (hard to come by everybody wants them) signed for the final 14 games as the team push for the play offs. Hopefully the board give Naysmith the go ahead and he has the contacts to get the right player signed. 

Ferguson has done okay but he has no pace and I just can't see him score goals for us .
Not looking like we will sign anyone before the window closes we really need experience but I suppose that cost money just have to go with the young boys who sadly won't get us into the playoffs 

He should definitely be written off. His 50% return on Goals/Starts just isn't good enough for this level. F*ck me.

I wasn't at the Thistle game but if he was to be dropped based on yesterday's showing then our youngsters have no chance of regular game time. Similarly if fans are writing them off after a good showing then I've no idea what they expect. If he holds the ball up and lays the ball on a plate for Dobbie on a regular basis then it wouldn't bother me if his own goals tally wasn't great.

19 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Is the centenary shirt a special top or the top the players will be playing in?and anyone know what the demand for it has been?

It is the top they will be playing in. I dont know how many names are now in. There were certainly a few hundred earlier in the month but they are still coming in. People have until Wednesday.

Pretty sure the centenary top/strip will be the home shirt for the season as was Hearts when they done the same thing. Heard the numbers for names on shirt were in the high hundreds. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Jesus. 

If we signed Messi you would be on here 5 mins later to say he was too short to have influence in this division and would miss too many games with international commitments.

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

How do you know we won't be signing anyone?

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Jesus. 

If we signed Messi you would be on here 5 mins later to say he was too short to have influence in this division and would miss too many games with international commitments.

Nah, that Jesus is good on crosses but is unlikely to save us. 

Boom, tish... 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

He should definitely be written off. His 50% return on Goals/Starts just isn't good enough for this level. F*ck me.

I wasn't at the Thistle game but if he was to be dropped based on yesterday's showing then our youngsters have no chance of regular game time. Similarly if fans are writing them off after a good showing then I've no idea what they expect. If he holds the ball up and lays the ball on a plate for Dobbie on a regular basis then it wouldn't bother me if his own goals tally wasn't great.

It would bother me if it was.