The Queen of the South thread

The hype was a bit OTT.

Got to disagree. Those messages from Queens today got all the fans talking again and it’s a great piece of PR by them. Something I’ve slagged them off for in the past.
Let’s all be happy we’ve a left back at last :)

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
1 minute ago, Steeplechat said:

Definitely worth the wait. It’s been far too long since we made a signing

The hype was a bit OTT.

It was hardly hype of Falkirk proportions tbf.  Maybe not an overly exciting signing but (some)  fans were asking for more publicity about signings,  etc.  The club seem to have done that on this occasion yet are still being criticised in some quarters.  

Also I don't get the clamour for Bob Harris to come back.  Do fans think they will get the Bob Harris of 10 years ago or someone no longer in the flush of youth and seemingly more injury prone?

Got to disagree. Those messages from Queens today got all the fans talking again and it’s a great piece of PR by them. Something I’ve slagged them off for in the past.
Let’s all be happy we’ve a left back at last [emoji4]
They could have just left it at "New signing today" and it would have generated interest. The addition of "worth the wait" has left many feeling underwhelmed even though it's a decent addition.

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It was hardly hype of Falkirk proportions tbf.  Maybe not an overly exciting signing but (some)  fans were asking for more publicity about signings,  etc.  The club seem to have done that on this occasion yet are still being criticised in some quarters.  

19QOS19 has never rated Marshall though.

There is a photo too Steeplechat will be delighted to know. It needs added to the story though when someone more proficient is available.

There is a photo too Steeplechat will be delighted to know. It needs added to the story though when someone more proficient is available.

I’m not one of his biggest fans but it’s a solid enough signing. Needs to improve going forward which he showed signs off last year

Possibly due to the fact his defensive game is terribly iffy. Get caught out positionally frequently, struggles to hold a line and loses runners regularly. Anybody who has played left back will get this. To be fair pacy and decent going forward !!

Get a grip
Strange response. The fact Reilly and McShane were mentioned due to the "worth the wait" quote suggests I'm not the only one who was expecting a bit of coup. Marshall is a good signing but I'm not the only one who was expecting a bigger name today.

I don't agree that the build up was over the top. We've had fans cry out for a bit of PR but now that the club have done, they see it as over the top. Can't win. 

Marshall is a great bit of business in my opinion. 

Yep. It’s even stretching things a bit to call this a signing. A re-signing maYbe? At best we’ve saved ourselves a couple of months wages[emoji23]. I’m a fan of Jordan’s but this twitter build up was a bit misjudged.

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
24 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Get a grip

Strange response. The fact Reilly and McShane were mentioned due to the "worth the wait" quote suggests I'm not the only one who was expecting a bit of coup. Marshall is a good signing but I'm not the only one who was expecting a bigger name today.

Ronaldo and Bale were mentioned on Twitter as well. Gutted. 

Yep. It’s even stretching things a bit to call this a signing. A re-signing maYbe? At best we’ve saved ourselves a couple of months wages[emoji23]. I’m a fan of Jordan’s but this twitter build up was a bit misjudged.
That's a good way of looking at it actually [emoji38]

It seems the fanfare and bunting should only be used when we sign a "BIG NAME"  player going by some on here.    Every signing should be announced in the same way.  Even if this is viewed by some a a re-signing it's still a player we thought would not be with us in the coming season. 

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It seems the fanfare and bunting should only be used when we sign a "BIG NAME"  player going by some on here.    Every signing should be announced in the same way.  Even if this is viewed by some a a re-signing it's still a player we thought would not be with us in the coming season. 

I'm not sure phrases like "worth the wait" should be used for re-signing somebody who wanted to leave but couldn't find somewhere else - fair enough announce that a signing is coming but save the hype for when it is appropriate.