The Queen of the South thread

Yeah Mercer has grown on me since given a run of games. He seems to be a confidence player and I myself am more confident about this season than I was last. Having said that I'd swap him for Kidd or Muirhead in a heartbeat.

I'd say Muirhead is the best of the three defensively, but is poor going forward.  Kidd is the best going forward but is poor defensively.  Mercer is kind of middle of the road at both, but I wouldn't be in a rush to swap him for any of the others.  As pointed out RB isn't really a problem position compared with others.

Ideally we would sign a permanent CB plus get one on loan until Brownlie is back, but given the apparent struggle to get one in, I very much doubt we will see two arrive.

Guest Flash
20 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Team,Harkins out wide I guess? Still no Todd which has to be a concern?

ETA: and is Martin injured again?

Think he must have retired tbh.

Edited by Flash

2 hours ago, Flash said:

Think he must have retired tbh.

What is the injury update on Martin and Todd ?.

How did the trialists play tonight .?

Was it Doyle and the player from down South .

Who is the mystery player from down South ?

Why are  kidd and Muirhead being mentioned on a QoS page?

they are both Falkirk players

Have QoS tried to sign either player ? I heard Naismith came on for him this close season

I saw Muirhead a few times playing for Patrick Thistle at centr e half when they won the championship he was decent centre half and a makeshift right back

kidd can play r back and midfield versatile players are a bonus to any championship team

All championship teams need versatile players

Really quite happy with what I’ve seen from Queens in second half of Livingston game, first half was defensively fine and tonight I thought we done well, finished with a really young team who all done themselves no harm. Really impressed with Doyle and the big lad done fine, I’d be happy with both being signed.

Still need a bit more depth but general shape etc is pleasing.

4 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

I posted it on here earlier

Eta: was hearts strongest team,albeit without a injured Lafferty and a rested Naismith

Was it? I have no idea what Hearts team is these days. The only names I recognised were Berra, Liam Smith and Ryan Edwards. I presumed that was a fringe side! They werent very good.

Trialists were the same ones as last Friday.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Was it? I have no idea what Hearts team is these days. The only names I recognised were Berra, Liam Smith and Ryan Edwards. I presumed that was a fringe side! They werent very good.

Yeah I was on the same boat as you didn't know many.Was just going off hearts twitter

A strong Jambos line up this evening at Palmerston Park. Lafferty picked up a small knock in training and misses out, while Naismith is rested after his first 90 minutes last weekend.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Trialists were the same ones as last Friday.

It doesn't look like it, looking at the teamsheet. I know the three you mentioned, plus John Souttar as well.

A mixture of those 4, some new signings and some youth players seems likely. 

Liked Doyle, looked good at right back. Centre half didn't look that mobile but was solid and put in some excellent challenges.

Impressed by Bell, out wide but worked hard and was very good on the ball...always looked to keep possession and play forwards.

Harkins was also impressive...we have to try and play through him whenever we can.

38 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

It doesn't look like it, looking at the teamsheet. I know the three you mentioned, plus John Souttar as well.

A mixture of those 4, some new signings and some youth players seems likely. 

Aye sorry. Souttar as well. I knew I would miss someone.

Edit - Had a look at the Jambos Kickback site. They seem to think it was as strong as they were able to field apart from playing a trialist in goal. Aaron Hughes was being rested. Steven Maclean wont play on astro and Lafferty and Naismith have minor knocks. Otherwise it was pretty much their team.

Lafferty and Naismith are obviously big players for them but on that showing I would be worried for them. Thought we just about deserved our win even if the goal was slightly fortunate.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Thought we played pretty well tbh. As stated Bell done well again. Both trialists done good tonight. Doyle is a great leader and if there is other interest it has to be a good sign he is still with us. Its a good thing that wasnt the Irn Bru cup as the Hearts 1st team would have been put out by our colts in the 2nd half.

I imagine if GN wants any of the CB's they'll be signed by Saturday. Only saw them against Livi but would be happy enough with either. Did the New Zealand boy make an appearance yesterday?

Doyle was first class, played CB, RB and RM. Owen Bell was good, expect he’ll be better in CM though but done a job on the wing. Harkins was a class act as usual. Would definitely sign both CB’s, but we need to sign Doyle, he’s the exact player we need. Experienced at this level, versatile, and a leader. Only thing that worries me is his height, along with Fordyce not being the tallest, I suspect set pieces Issues could be similar to last season.