The Queen of the South thread

So the board are unable to say anything at all on the matter via the 'News' section of the site?

I was merely addressing the point you made about comments to Mark on his Blog. I presume he won't have seen them as he's abroad.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I was merely addressing the point you made about comments to Mark on his Blog. I presume he won't have seen them as he's abroad.

Fair enough, bur it doesn't explain (or excuse) the overall silence from the club - not that you said it did.

By the way, I'm sure I read somewhere that the internet does actually work abroad.

Is Internet only available in the uk now!!!!

Excuses excuses the board by now should know the score so why not announce it.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

I think it's clear there has been no statement yet because the club is scared to put its head above the parapet for fear of not being invited to join any future SPL2.

I should add that I'm just back from France and my internet was just fine. Sorry, SD, couldn't resist.

I may not agree with it, but the statement released by Stenhousemuir explains their rationale for supporting Newco in SFL1: http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/news/2012/07/05/790/

Guest TOPFITTER

I may not agree with it, but the statement released by Stenhousemuir explains their rationale for supporting Newco in SFL1: http://www.stenhouse...2012/07/05/790/

Well reasoned response except for the fact Bill Darroch fails to acknowledge that the SFA is more than Just it's Officers, Executives and Senior Member Clubs. Perhaps they should take a step back and remember all those other members and affiliates and maybe just maybe those who ultimately pay for and those who make Scottish Football happen at the grass roots. First the Executive Officers started bullying, Now Club Boards are starting to Bully their Support due to the perceived pressure. Maybe the paying customer will eventually decide the future of Scottish Football, and I am guessing it will not be the way those who think they are in control envisage, one can only hope !!!

Edited by TOPFITTER

I think it's clear there has been no statement yet because the club is scared to put its head above the parapet for fear of not being invited to join any future SPL2.

I should add that I'm just back from France and my internet was just fine. Sorry, SD, couldn't resist.

I may not agree with it, but the statement released by Stenhousemuir explains their rationale for supporting Newco in SFL1: http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/news/2012/07/05/790/

The club has made a statement - no decision as yet though

Statement

The club has made a statement - no decision as yet though

Statement

Well, fair enough - it's something to at least acknowledge there's an issue here and that they're conscious of fan feeling.

I don't quite get the bit about not being in possession of the full facts. I presume we had at least one person at the meeting.

I'm not saying that the meeting would necessarily have furnished everyone with all the possible evidence required - it sounds like it was more of a platform for propaganda; but I'm not sure what more information they're expecting to receive.

Well, fair enough - it's something to at least acknowledge there's an issue here and that they're conscious of fan feeling.

I don't quite get the bit about not being in possession of the full facts. I presume we had at least one person at the meeting.

I'm not saying that the meeting would necessarily have furnished everyone with all the possible evidence required - it sounds like it was more of a platform for propaganda; but I'm not sure what more information they're expecting to receive.

I think they're playing for time. If Doncaster et al have been scaremongering (and they have), the club has to ascertain the full extent of the damage if and when Newco are admitted to SFL3. How do we do that when so much is still uncertain? As a full time club, we could be in line for an invitation to join SPL2, possibly at the expense of a club such as Raith Rovers. I would hope we have more integrity than that but the longer it goes without a statement indicating one way or another where we stand, the more I am concerned. It's up to the fans to leave the club in no doubt where we stand on this issue. If I were a Stenny fan, I'd be ashamed right now; I don't want to feel like that about my club.

I think they're playing for time. If Doncaster et al have been scaremongering (and they have), the club has to ascertain the full extent of the damage if and when Newco are admitted to SFL3. How do we do that when so much is still uncertain? As a full time club, we could be in line for an invitation to join SPL2, possibly at the expense of a club such as Raith Rovers. I would hope we have more integrity than that but the longer it goes without a statement indicating one way or another where we stand, the more I am concerned. It's up to the fans to leave the club in no doubt where we stand on this issue. If I were a Stenny fan, I'd be ashamed right now; I don't want to feel like that about my club.

I'd hate to think we were stalling in the hope of being invited to join something ahead of more deserving clubs - surely not.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Stenny seem to have gobbled the banter in that meeting right up, really getting worried we have as well.

Going by what's in today's Standard, I fear that your worries aren't misplaced.

Hewitson makes noises about voting against Rangers joining the first being perhaps morally right, but in danger of setting the game back 10-15 years while driving clubs to the wall.

I'll happily eat these words if I'm wrong, but I think a decision's been made and it's going to upset nearly everyone that's posted on Mark Robertson's Blog.

Guest Flash

Near the start

“We must make a decision based on what is best for Queen of the South and Scottish football overall."

At the end

"we will make the decision that is best for Queen of the South FC."

A decision best for the club would not necessarily be best for Scottish football overall.

And what does "best for" actually mean? Best for Scottish football could mean the morally correct decion. Or it could mean the one most financially beneficial in the short run.

Best for the club could mean in terms of having a better chance of playing in the SPL in the future. Or it could mean the decision that loses the fewest number of fans.

Having heard the arguments, they must know which way they are going to vote. So why disguise it with non-commital codswallop?

I must say I find it hard to criticise anything Mr Hewitson has said in that interview. It's his first big decision as Chairman so I can understand him not rushing into anything, particularly when he doesn't actually need to yet. I fully agree with his viewpoint that he is "between a rock and a hard place". It is clear from the blog that the fans want to see Rangers placed in Division 3, due to a belief that morals are more important than money. Fair enough. As Chairman of the club though, looking at the financial side of things is pretty much number one on his job description. If he wasn't looking at the options, and trying to work out what is best for the club he would be far more open to criticism than he should be for keeping quiet until completely necessary.