The Queen of the South thread

Don't see an issue with the pricing tbh. If the gate is still split between the sides then the club will make less money than a league game right off the bat. Reducing the price would just make the loss worse. If folk think reducing it would increase crowd numbers, they're delusional.

There won’t be many from up North I’m afraid. I think we will do well to break the 800 mark, such is the apathy among the toon folk at the moment. A wet and windy day could make matters even worse!
It'll be about the same home support as most weekend. 1100 odd.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Don't see an issue with the pricing tbh. If the gate is still split between the sides then the club will make less money than a league game right off the bat. Reducing the price would just make the loss worse. If folk think reducing it would increase crowd numbers, they're delusional.

This.

32 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Why the apathy ?

Social media generation. All about likes, flash cars, flash holidays, Essex accents, getting tanned, fucking off to Ibiza, posting on Instagram and pretending your life has meaning. Why would they spend £18 to stand in the rain at a crumbling football stadium?

What can you buy for £3 these days?

Add onto that £10 admission for my 2 sons, a programme and food & drinks at the pie shop then you’re talking £40-50!
If football clubs want to encourage youngsters to the matches then they have to have a pricing structure in place that attracts families along.

19 hours ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

So, we’re charging normal league prices for this fixture! Poor decision in my opinion.....£15 for an adult would have been reasonable.
I don’t usually miss many home cup games but I’m afraid I’m not stumping up £18 of my hard earned cash for this game.

And there is the answer to why our home gates are so poor.

Some will pay £18 for a league game but only £15 for a cup game. 

I am sorry but if you won’t pay an extra £3 to follow your team we really are struggling. The club is run on a shoe string, every bit of revenue is vital, yet you would not pay an extra £3 to support your club.

you should want to pay the money to follow YOUR team not base it on who the opposition is.

This goes for whatever team you support.

please don’t try to convince me differently, on this one I will not be changing my opinion.

33 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Add onto that £10 admission for my 2 sons, a programme and food & drinks at the pie shop then you’re talking £40-50!
If football clubs want to encourage youngsters to the matches then they have to have a pricing structure in place that attracts families along.

You not got any loose change lying around?

Still only £3 difference no matter what way you look at it. The £40-50 you say that you pay would still only cost £3 more. A Programme and food & drink will still cost the same. 

£28 is the maximum amount you really need to spend. Have your lunch before you go and a programme isn't a necessity unless you enjoy collecting them.

£5 for Under 16's is incredibly reasonable and even more so given the price of their season tickets. When I was Under 16 it was £3 to get in. A £2 increase over 18 odd years really isn't something worth having a pop at. On top of that I can't think of much else in the town where you could get a couple of hours entertainment for that price.

19 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Still only £3 difference no matter what way you look at it. The £40-50 you say that you pay would still only cost £3 more. A Programme and food & drink will still cost the same. 

Very strange you dislike my post when you clearly agree ......

Junior blues now cover cup games too do they?!

£28 is the maximum amount you really need to spend. Have your lunch before you go and a programme isn't a necessity unless you enjoy collecting them.

£5 for Under 16's is incredibly reasonable and even more so given the price of their season tickets. When I was Under 16 it was £3 to get in. A £2 increase over 18 odd years really isn't something worth having a pop at. On top of that I can't think of much else in the town where you could get a couple of hours entertainment for that price.

You obviously don’t have children otherwise you’d know that they can have their lunch and still want either chips/pie/sweets/juice or all at the game!!!

23 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Junior blues now cover cup games too do they?!

Fair enough, i didnt think that one through. 

19 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

You obviously don’t have children otherwise you’d know that they can have their lunch and still want either chips/pie/sweets/juice or all at the game!!!

That, I agree with! 

I have a 2 year old who never stops eating. I also have nephews that I've taken to the games in the past. There is a difference between needing those things and wanting them. Say no!

57 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

I have six children.

Try saying no. Or even better, take sweets and chocolate with you.