The Queen of the South thread

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's a big loss for us last night. Having a look at the fixtures I don't think it would be an over-reaction to think we could be sitting 7th by the start of December. If we pick up 2 points from our next two games it's a good return IMO but it's also a big ask. I expect we'll approach both games the same way we approached Dunfermline but I think we'll come under more pressure in those games.

Jacobs and Norman played OK last night but we just lack creativity in there. When Harkins is back I'd be tempted to drop Jacobs for a spell and leave Norman in.

I'm trying to remain positive after last night as it was a poor result but not a poor overall performance.  I'm also taking comfort in the fact we will be massive outsiders in our next two games, after five on the bounce in which we were favourites, a position I am never comfortable with (2 wins, 2 defeats and a draw would suggest with good reason).  We never seem to do well when the onus is on us to break teams down a scenario I think will be unlikely against the two Uniteds.  I expect two open games which will hopefully work in our favour.

7 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I'm trying to remain positive after last night as it was a poor result but not a poor overall performance.  I'm also taking comfort in the fact we will be massive outsiders in our next two games, after five on the bounce in which we were favourites, a position I am never comfortable with (2 wins, 2 defeats and a draw would suggest with good reason).  We never seem to do well when the onus is on us to break teams down a scenario I think will be unlikely against the two Uniteds.  I expect two open games which will hopefully work in our favour.

I doubt anyone seriously saw us as favourites to win at Dunfermline. Coin toss at best.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

I doubt anyone seriously saw us as favourites to win at Dunfermline. Coin toss at best.

I thought someone would pick up on that and I thought it would be you!  To be honest I didn't have us as favourites against an East Fife side that were flying either.  Us and Morton are probably a coin toss as well.  I think you know the point I'm trying to make though.

On a different topic. Have we ever been as innefective from corners? We had well over 10 last night and we never got a sweat on once. There used to be a time where a corner was a real chance for us but I'm at the stage where I don't even get excited. I felt the crowd behind the goal had similar feelings. It used to really get them going if we got a corner but they were very flat with them near the end last night.

I wonder if it's something we ever practice or if it's just hit and hope. Given the turnover in takers I expect it's the latter.

40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

On a different topic. Have we ever been as innefective from corners? We had well over 10 last night and we never got a sweat on once. There used to be a time where a corner was a real chance for us but I'm at the stage where I don't even get excited. I felt the crowd behind the goal had similar feelings. It used to really get them going if we got a corner but they were very flat with them near the end last night.

I wonder if it's something we ever practice or if it's just hit and hope. Given the turnover in takers I expect it's the latter.

Other than a brief spell when Jason Kerr was here I dont remember us ever being particularly dangerous from corners

42 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Other than a brief spell when Jason Kerr was here I dont remember us ever being particularly dangerous from corners

It certainly coincided with Kerr being here but we were a set piece threat early on last season through more than just him. Brownlie, Fordyce and Rooney were all scoring from them for a while. At this stage last season our centre halves combined had more than Dobbie I think.

There was a spell under McIntyre / Fowler when we were really dangerous from them too. Derek Lyle used to make an arcing run from front post to back post just as the kick was being delivered and must have got on the end of a flick on half a dozen times in a year or two.

fao skyline /    is it true that dhp or loreburn housing offered tio build a new stand if qosfc sold them car park space to build flats .  the same space has went to a builders that hewitson has his fingers in .   also  i think 200k to buildnew changing rooms is OTT  .    my point is if hewitson is spending all his time at the ici project why dont he just beat it and get lost

5 minutes ago, dumfriesblue said:

my first game 1968 . always said when hewitson took over never step in palmerston .  previous owners have lost a fortune running qosfc . bradford rae blount harkness .  i think the home crowd figures are proving my point

You don't have to justify your presence on here . 

fao skyline /    is it true that dhp or loreburn housing offered tio build a new stand if qosfc sold them car park space to build flats .  the same space has went to a builders that hewitson has his fingers in .   also  i think 200k to buildnew changing rooms is OTT  .    my point is if hewitson is spending all his time at the ici project why dont he just beat it and get lost

The houses/flats that are there just now? If so they are DGHP going by the signs when they were getting built?

my first game 1968 . always said when hewitson took over never step in palmerston .  previous owners have lost a fortune running qosfc . bradford rae blount harkness .  i think the home crowd figures are proving my point

I just thank our lucky stars we’ve a well established full-time team playing in the championship.

Some people of a certain age must of forgot the bad old days

Just to add , fans like you staying away only damages the football club and not Billy Hewitson.

20 hours ago, dumfriesblue said:

What a load of crap.  You'll never set foot in Palmerston because of Hewitson yet you presumably were happy to attend under previous Chairmen who by your reckoning lost a fortune which suggests they run the club badly or were happy to pour money blindly  into the club.  I doubt if any of them actually faced financial hardship as a result of doing so.  DoesHewitson have any connection with the Company that built the housing next to the Arena Car Park?    If that is the bit of land you are referring to.  AFAIK Hewitson bought that ground off the Club when the Club needed money,  Blount,  Rae and others wrote  off loans around that time to help the Club financially. Hewitson may have sold that ground on at a profit but he is a businessman with workers to pay and he is entitled to make the best deal he can . it was discussed on here at the time.   I'm sure SD has stated before the Hewitson's Company do not charge QoS for work carried out at the ground. I also doubt that falling attendances are connected to the Chairman's business dealings.  Chairmen are temporary,  it is the Club you should be supporting.  

46 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

When is former Queens legend Jim Thomson going to let it go ?
Yet another cryptic post on his Instagram account last night aimed at the Chairman. This follows his photoshopped photo a while back.
He’s making a right fool of himself.

Ménage et tout    ?  .