The Queen of the South thread

7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Robbie Thomson is at Raith Rovers. Jim Atkinson is now at Gretna

Ryan Gibson at peterhead on loan but doesn`t fit the first choice remit

Indeed. If you want to throw in second choices you can add Fraser Morton, Calum Antell's understudy at Edinburgh City, as ex-Queens too. Though likewise he never got near our first team.

When I was asked the "10" question I got 8 off the top of my head, and also got the "11th" (which is my addition, it wasn't part of the original question). I forgot Robbie Thomson! And I wasn't aware at the time that David Hutton had got himself into the 1st choice position at Airdrie. I thought he was backing up Scott Gallagher.

Will let the bonus run for now...............

1. Alan Martin (QoS)
2. Lee Robinson (Dunfermline Athletic)
3. Robbie Thomson (Raith Rovers)
4. Zander Clark (St Johnstone)
5. Calum Antell (Edinburgh City)
6. David Hutton (Airdrieonians)
7. Scott Fox (Ross County)
8. Cammy Bell (Partick Thistle)
9. Jamie MacDonald (Kilmarnock)
10. Craig Samson (St Mirren)
+
11. ??????

Edited by Skyline Drifter

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed. If you want to throw in second choices you can add Fraser Morton, Calum Antell's understudy at Edinburgh City, as ex-Queens too. Though likewise he never got near our first team.

When I was asked the "10" question I got 8 off the top of my head, and also got the "11th" (which is my addition, it wasn't part of the original question). I forgot Robbie Thomson! And I wasn't aware at the time that David Hutton had got himself into the 1st choice position at Airdrie. I thought he was backing up Scott Gallagher.

Will let the bonus run for now...............

1. Alan Martin (QoS)
2. Lee Robinson (Dunfermline Athletic)
3. Robbie Thomson (Raith Rovers)
4. Zander Clark (St Johnstone)
5. Calum Antell (Edinburgh City)
6. David Hutton (Airdrieonians)
7. Scott Fox (Ross County)
8. Cammy Bell (Partick Thistle)
9. Jamie MacDonald (Kilmarnock)
10. Craig Samson (St Mirren)
+
11. ??????

Think our posts crossed when I was editing.

Is the 11th Grant Adam at Dumbarton?

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

13 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Robbie Thomson is at Raith Rovers. Jim Atkinson is now at Gretna

Ryan Gibson at peterhead on loan but doesn`t fit the first choice remit

Edit to add is the 11th one Grant Adam at Dumbarton.

Och well, I actually doubted Atkinson as last I heard of him he’d been benched at Annan!

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Think our posts croseedswhen I was editing.

Is the 11th Grant Adam at Dumbarton?

No (and he's currently injured I think) but I had forgotten he played for us in a friendly. You could throw that one into the list too as another bonus. Is Ryan Esson still a registered keeper with Inverness? He's not 1st choice, but he's another one who played for us in a friendly.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

No (and he's currently injured I think) but I had forgotten he played for us in a friendly. You could throw that one into the list too as another bonus. Is Ryan Esson still a registered keeper with Inverness? He's not 1st choice, but he's another one who played for us in a friendly.

Excellent. I love this sort of thing. I`ll give it further thought :thumsup2

58 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Excellent. I love this sort of thing. I`ll give it further thought :thumsup2

The goalkeeper I'm referring to never played for us competitively but was with us on a short term contract (as a favour) and sat on the bench as a properly registered unused sub in at least two competitive games.

EDIT - Actually it's possible he was only a trialist rather than fully registered for a game or two. Will try to confirm tonight.

The goalkeeper I'm referring to never played for us competitively but was with us on a short term contract (as a favour) and sat on the bench as a properly registered unused sub in at least two competitive games.
I've been through all the sides and I still don't know. If I had to take a stab in the dark my prediction would be a player with the initials GF? Something in my mind is telling me it could be him but it's purely down to the fact he was rumoured for a while to be signing for us and given one of his previous clubs, it wouldn't have surprised me.

I expect that's nonsense though and it isn't him [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've been through all the sides and I still don't know. If I had to take a stab in the dark my prediction would be a player with the initials GF? Something in my mind is telling me it could be him but it's purely down to the fact he was rumoured for a while to be signing for us and given one of his previous clubs, it wouldn't have surprised me.

I expect that's nonsense though and it isn't him emoji38.png

I haven't a clue who you are referring to. It's not anyone with the initials GF anyway.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:
I haven't a clue who you are referring to. It's not anyone with the initials GF anyway.

Greg Fleming.

Ah, penny should have dropped. No, not him. So far as I am aware he's never been at Queens in any capacity at any stage in his career.

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I expect that's nonsense though and it isn't him emoji38.png

I had a look and as far as I can see in the odd place I can find it online he's only listed as a trialist so I may be wrong though I thought he was fully registered to us for a month. Will check tonight.

44 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We have a winner boys and girls. Sat on our bench in August 2010 when Hutton and McKenzie were both injured.

Excellent. The clue for me was that it was a favour so our local friends seemed like a good place to look. :thumsup2

Edited by Distant Doonhamer