The Queen of the South thread

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Iain at museum@qosfc.com. I ordered a hardbacked centenary book and want to pay by PayPal but when I write back to that email it comes back as permanently unobtainable. The Queens shop can’t help me. Email address is kennethgrier@hotmail.com if you need it or 07887660516. Thx

26 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Iain at museum@qosfc.com. I ordered a hardbacked centenary book and want to pay by PayPal but when I write back to that email it comes back as permanently unobtainable. The Queens shop can’t help me. Email address is kennethgrier@hotmail.com if you need it or 07887660516. Thx

Message him on facebook. I have a personal email for him too but its not for me to give that out. I was getting maibox full messages from the museum email last week but he said he had cleared space since then.

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

I emailed the museum@qosfc.com yestetday and got a prompt reply. As SD suggests message on facebook is a good alternative.

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Dundee away next.

Not a great draw in truth.   Dundee seem to be showing tentative signs of reviving a bit.  If it was Palmerston, I'd give us a decent chance.  At Dens though, I'd see Dundee as strong favourites.

Second worst draw after another championship team away. Little chance of progression, unlikely to be a big crowd and a long journey

46 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Second worst draw after another championship team away. Little chance of progression, unlikely to be a big crowd and a long journey

The second worst draw would be a good premiership team without a big crowd like St Johnstone or Killie.

They've won one game this season against Premiership or Championship sides lets not act like half a window and a winter break is going to to turn that side into world beaters. It is inherently winnable.

Edited by Sloop John B

8 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

The second worst draw would be a good premiership team without a big crowd like St Johnstone or Killie.

They've won one game this season against Premiership or Championship sides lets not act like half a window and a winter break is going to to turn that side into world beaters. It is inherently winnable.

A close third worse draw then. There wont be that much difference financially between playing Dundee compared to Saintees or Killie.

They dont need to be world beaters. 

21 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

They've won one game this season lets not act like half a window and a winter break is going to to turn that side into world beaters. It is inherently winnable.

St. Johnstone brought a decent crowd when we beat them in the cup three or four seasons ago. Partick as well, last season.

I agree with you though, the Dundee game is winnable. While a lot an can change between now and the middle of January, we could have been handed a much more difficult tie.

Edited by qos_75

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

By my reckoning, Dobbie has now scored 35 goals in 2018.

One for @Skyline Drifter, is that likely to be a club record for a calendar year?

And he missed a month injured during the year (thanks Willo!).

No idea if its a record. Clearly more than Nicky Clark got in any calendar year. It cant be far away but wouldnt know re pre war stuff. Iain McCartney's forthcoming book will hopefully have records to show that sort of thing.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

17 hours ago, Mr X said:

You've been reading Northfield's posts too much. Not a great draw I would agree crowd and income wise, but certainly a winnable game if we apply ourselves properly. Its hardly an arduous trek either,   2.5 hours at most by road from Dumfries and that's in my old jalopy.  I certainly don't feel we are massive underdogs.

I take it the loans of Frizzell and Semple can be extended till the end of the season .

Has David Norman got to go back to Canada in the New Year .

If there was any way I would try to get Don Thomas  back from Killie not extend  Frizzell loan .

Semple is probably  as good as we could get would like a experienced leader at the back but that will be out of our budget .

We have to sign a back up forward look at Inverness they changed the game when they put 2 forwards on with half a hour to go .

No idea where the money for this is going to come from 

44 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

I take it the loans of Frizzell and Semple can be extended till the end of the season .

Has David Norman got to go back to Canada in the New Year .

If there was any way I would try to get Don Thomas  back from Killie not extend  Frizzell loan .

Semple is probably  as good as we could get would like a experienced leader at the back but that will be out of our budget .

We have to sign a back up forward look at Inverness they changed the game when they put 2 forwards on with half a hour to go .

No idea where the money for this is going to come from 

Have said from start of the season we need another Striker!!