The Queen of the South thread

Chris mitchell ex falkirk and bradford city played right back first half, then young second, was a decent game, scott robertson played well, lyles goal was quality and a thought ian mcshane looked a lot better, the attacker upfront second half was a big built lad, had two cm on trial both looked decent and , overall queens controlles the game

I must say I find it hard to criticise anything Mr Hewitson has said in that interview. It's his first big decision as Chairman so I can understand him not rushing into anything, particularly when he doesn't actually need to yet. I fully agree with his viewpoint that he is "between a rock and a hard place". It is clear from the blog that the fans want to see Rangers placed in Division 3, due to a belief that morals are more important than money. Fair enough. As Chairman of the club though, looking at the financial side of things is pretty much number one on his job description. If he wasn't looking at the options, and trying to work out what is best for the club he would be far more open to criticism than he should be for keeping quiet until completely necessary.

Spot on.

Has Craig Reid gone now.

What about Craig Dargo is he not training with Queens.

Craig Reid has gone to Morton I believe (from posts earlier in this thread) and I also remember reading that Dargo was training with QoS.

I see the pre-season got off to a 3-1 winning start v Clyde. Quite a number of trialists on show, anyone know who they were? Obviously Derek Lyle was one.

Here is something for SD et al:

http://tellhimhespele.com/?p=106

- It is a look at Queens' defence in five different league matches last season. I don't know about anyone else, but when Gus MacPherson came in, I was expecting a really tight defensive unit as a basis to keep them in the First. I saw anything but that.

This is a preview to a more general SFL feature-based website. If you care to look and find any inaccuracies, please let me know.

A club statement outlining their position is now due. We've had a couple of 'holding' statements so far but we are none the wiser how we will vote on Friday. Almost half the SFL clubs (or is it more?) have made their positions clear; it is now time for Queens to do likewise.

A club statement outlining their position is now due. We've had a couple of 'holding' statements so far but we are none the wiser how we will vote on Friday. Almost half the SFL clubs (or is it more?) have made their positions clear; it is now time for Queens to do likewise.

If they were going to tell us what we wanted to hear, I reckon they'd have done it by now.

My guess is they'll vote to have them in the first - that is if they even get to vote on it.

However, the vote is 4 days away, we know how quickly this story changes and they're hoping they don't have to. Why upset us all if it might not be necessary?

Once more, I hope I'm wrong.

Guest Flash

Here is something for SD et al:

http://tellhimhespele.com/?p=106

- It is a look at Queens' defence in five different league matches last season. I don't know about anyone else, but when Gus MacPherson came in, I was expecting a really tight defensive unit as a basis to keep them in the First. I saw anything but that.

This is a preview to a more general SFL feature-based website. If you care to look and find any inaccuracies, please let me know.

Quote from the summary

"Kevin Holt and John (Steven?) Black were culpable of mistakes leading to goals conceded, but they had experienced players like Ryan McGuffie, John Potter and Chris Higgins beside them also making elementary errors.

All four of the highlighted players signed for the season ahead?

If they were going to tell us what we wanted to hear, I reckon they'd have done it by now.

My guess is they'll vote to have them in the first - that is if they even get to vote on it.

However, the vote is 4 days away, we know how quickly this story changes and they're hoping they don't have to. Why upset us all if it might not be necessary?

Once more, I hope I'm wrong.

I have to agree with your assessment! I keep looking in on the OS hoping for a statement from the club that is more than just spin, and keep being dissapointed :(

Quote from the summary

"Kevin Holt and John (Steven?) Black were culpable of mistakes leading to goals conceded, but they had experienced players like Ryan McGuffie, John Potter and Chris Higgins beside them also making elementary errors.

All four of the highlighted players signed for the season ahead?

I don't know why he was called John. Thanks for pointing that out.