The Queen of the South thread

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Well a CB is something we definitely don't need so it makes sense bringing one in just incase.

Surely that depends on how long Kilday is going to be out, how fit Semple is and how much game time Devine is expected to get. At 18 its possible he was brought in as back up rather than to start every game. If so, another CB, effectively, replaces Brownlie.

Surely that depends on how long Kilday is going to be out, how fit Semple is and how much game time Devine is expected to get. At 18 its possible he was brought in as back up rather than to start every game. If so, another CB, effectively, replaces Brownlie.
Yeah this is the reality. If Kilday is fit it's daft but we obviously need one if it's long term. It'd be nice to be told how he is.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
21 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yeah this is the reality. If Kilday is fit it's daft but we obviously need one if it's long term. It'd be nice to be told how he is.

Im not suggesting he is out long term, but even if he isnt, he needs someone playing beside him.

Im not suggesting he is out long term, but even if he isnt, he needs someone playing beside him.
If both Kilday and Semple are fit they should be the pairing. Semple managed about 70 minutes at Ayr. I'd hope he could go a whole game now but his absence against Alloa would suggest otherwise.
If it’s not a winger to allow us to play 4-4-2 then I hope it’s a CB so we can go 3-5-2.

4-3-3 needs binned.
Yeah this current system isn't working. Dobbie needs support. I hope AJ realises this soon.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If both Kilday and Semple are fit they should be the pairing. Semple managed about 70 minutes at Ayr. I'd hope he could go a whole game now but his absence against Alloa would suggest otherwise.

Seems like thats a big "if" though

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah this current system isn't working. Dobbie needs support. I hope AJ realises this soon.

It isnt? It worked in the games we've played it and won. Oddly, the obsession with 2 up front only comes up after we've lost.

It isnt? It worked in the games we've played it and won. Oddly, the obsession with 2 up front only comes up after we've lost.
I can't be bothered trolling through all the games that support the argument but Dobbie is far less effective as a lone striker. His goal tally this season should be enough with providing the mountain of evidence to back up this statement.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I can't be bothered trolling through all the games that support the argument but Dobbie is far less effective as a lone striker. His goal tally this season should be enough with providing the mountain of evidence to back up this statement.

Theres far more to Dobbies lack of goals this season than the formation.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
23 minutes ago, Mr X said:
Theres far more to Dobbies lack of goals this season than the formation.

The formation doesn't help though.

Clearly, when we win and/or Dobbie scores it does! Or are you saying when we play 4-4-2 and win its because of the formation but when we play 4-3-3 and win its despite the formation?

Clearly, when we win and/or Dobbie scores it does! Or are you saying when we play 4-4-2 and win its because of the formation but when we play 4-3-3 and win its despite the formation?
I'm saying Dobbie is far more effective with someone alongside him.