The Queen of the South thread

See how it goes. I'm hoping he was dragged down because that Falkirk side was utterly abysmal but he certainly never stood out as being slightly less shit whenever I saw him. He was quick though so that's a positive.

Yeah we will see. He certainly appears to move around often on short term contacts but he is a current full international and whilst Lithuania arent exactly top drawer he doesnt play at that level without ability. Seem to recall Falkirk fans thinking he was either brilliant or awful in equal measure last season. But then Dunfermline and Dundee fans were incredulous we signed El Bahk. Hopefully it works out.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

See how it goes. I'm hoping he was dragged down because that Falkirk side was utterly abysmal but he certainly never stood out as being slightly less shit whenever I saw him. He was quick though so that's a positive.

Yep,  he certainly got mixed reviews from Falkirk fans,  as most players at every club does I suppose,  but as you say he was playing in a pretty gash Falkirk side and fitted right in. He was the player that their fans looked to to have an impact in games,  hopefully he'll have more of an impact here than he did there. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He certainly appears to move around often on short term contacts but he is a current full international and whilst Lithuania arent exactly top drawer he doesnt play at that level without ability. Seem to recall Falkirk fans thinking he was either brilliant or awful in equal measure last season. 

I don't know which of these sentences is more hilarious tbh

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, AidenGoodinQOS said:
Berra?

Got a text saying he was in discussion with us yesterday but couldn't agree terms. If Semple is fit then I don't think we need a finished CB anyway.

Just can’t see Berra wanting to play on Astro with his dodgy knees but also we will be miles out on salary.

Demi took quite a pounding from a lot of our support last year and whilst he is an extremely frustrating player I liked him and thought most of it was a bit much. The Motherwell fans called him the ‘competition winner’ and some our fans just didn’t get over that imo.

The negatives are well he’s extremely inconsistent but then that’s to be expected when you’ve got an international player playing at this level. He’s a poor finisher, not great technically and he really doesn’t have any ‘game intelligence’. In his first few games for us playing right mid in a 4 you could see players actually pointing to him and where he was supposed to be and tbh that side of his game never really improved as the season went on.

Positives are he’s fast as f**k, actually sometimes probably too fast for his brain but lightning quick. He’s got a fantastic jump on him and is decent in the air, he’s about 6’1 already but gets some height when he jumps. His final ball is ok, he got a good few assists for us last season probably highest in our team tbh. For he’s best playing either up front in a 2 or playing wide either side in a front 3. Wouldn’t fancy him much in a 4 man midfield.

He’s definitely all sugar or all shite and he’ll divide your support but there’s absolutely a player in there. If he could find the form that he’s capable of and do it consistently then he’s absolutely got the potential to play at a much higher level but I don’t think it will ever quite click for him.

1 hour ago, SueSue said:

Just can’t see Berra wanting to play on Astro with his dodgy knees but also we will be miles out on salary.

Only way we could get him is on loan with Hearts paying a lot of his wages ..Dundee look favourite to sign him .

Hopefully we can get another midfielder in either McShane or Tidser 

1 hour ago, Russ said:

The negatives are well he’s extremely inconsistent but then that’s to be expected when you’ve got an international player playing at this level.

LIthuania is a country of basketball players and beetroot howkers so this attachment to being an 'international player' is fucking wild.

3 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
2 hours ago, SueSue said:

He won't be going to any club on 6k a week at hearts

Its irrelevant what he is on at Hearts, he will still be on that sitting in the stand and training with their reserves. If they arent going to play him, and he doesnt choose to rip up his contract (& why should he?), then they are as well getting what they can for him out on loan. Nobody else in Scotland is going to cover his existing wage