The Queen of the South thread

If queens sign Berra it will be as a free agent as will mcshane as both have been told they can leave if they find a club .
I think there is more chance of Berra because he will more likely except a 6 month deal to maybe enjoy his football again and decide in summer where as mcshane will be looking for a 18 month contract
If this happens it still leaves a loan player to come in
I like tidser but he turn down £1000 to go back to Morton out of our price range I think

35 minutes ago, lowland star said:

If queens sign Berra it will be as a free agent

Really? He will be willing to walk away from his contract, which I'm guessing will be a tasty weekly amount to sign for a very small fraction of his old contract.  I'm sure his agent is advising him that. 

7 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

Really? He will be willing to walk away from his contract, which I'm guessing will be a tasty weekly amount to sign for a very small fraction of his old contract.  I'm sure his agent is advising him that. 

His contract at Hearts for the remaining 18 months, will be paid up .

Find it baffling why we let players go whenever they feel like it. Ignoring Saturday’s farce, Thistle obviously want Brownlie because he is better than their current first choice. So, why do we help them with that? If Brownlie had decided he didn’t want to play for us, that’s fine, he could have stayed at home for the rest of the season. It surely wouldn’t have cost that much to pay him 3 or 4 months’ wages. And we might have got some of it back from prize money if it helped us to finish higher than Thistle. Just don’t know why we are so accommodating when a player signs a contract then later decides that they don’t want to honour it. Maybe it happens all the time, but looking at the transfer thread, I don’t see any other clubs in the division letting players go to their direct rivals.

Find it baffling why we let players go whenever they feel like it. Ignoring Saturday’s farce, Thistle obviously want Brownlie because he is better than their current first choice. So, why do we help them with that? If Brownlie had decided he didn’t want to play for us, that’s fine, he could have stayed at home for the rest of the season. It surely wouldn’t have cost that much to pay him 3 or 4 months’ wages. And we might have got some of it back from prize money if it helped us to finish higher than Thistle. Just don’t know why we are so accommodating when a player signs a contract then later decides that they don’t want to honour it. Maybe it happens all the time, but looking at the transfer thread, I don’t see any other clubs in the division letting players go to their direct rivals.
Already commented about something similar a few weeks back but it's just more proof that contracts don't really mean much for the club at this level. If a player takes the huff and wants away (not saying Brownlie has in this case) there's nothing much the club can do about it.

Any organisation tends to some degree to reflect the characters at its head.  If there is a disengaged, unambitious, uncompetitive vibe coming from the top, it will seep into all levels of the organisation, and for a football club, of all things, which should be built on the exact opposite of those characteristics, that is a disaster. 

Any organisation tends to some degree to reflect the characters at its head.  If there is a disengaged, unambitious, uncompetitive vibe coming from the top, it will seep into all levels of the organisation, and for a football club, of all things, which should be built on the exact opposite of those characteristics, that is a disaster. 

Are you Northfield 53 in disguise

Genuine question, what is this based on?

I don’t, and never have actually, lived in Dumfries so feel less ITK than others. I hear this flung around on here quite a lot though, what is the issue with those at the top?

Looking at it from a distance I can’t see what more they can do. I’ve not got the answer, but we definitely need to entice more fans back. May just be the nature of the Dumfries demographic, but does feel like we’ve missed an entire generation of fans. I might be totally off the mark but feels like we have a small proportion of fans aged around 20-35.

As you say he could have sat at home for. A few months, but we have received a fee albeit probably very small so that free his wages up and hopefully a few grand to get another player or two in, hopefully the fais and brownlie money will be reinvested. Surely we should be looking at players from leauge one like partick have done with Blair lyons I think his name is. They might be more in our budget

12 minutes ago, temps15 said:

As you say he could have sat at home for. A few months, but we have received a fee albeit probably very small so that free his wages up and hopefully a few grand to get another player or two in, hopefully the fais and brownlie money will be reinvested. Surely we should be looking at players from leauge one like partick have done with Blair lyons I think his name is. They might be more in our budget

Partick have signed him & loaned him back to league 1 for rest of the season. 

On the Berra rumour.

There is no way Queens can compete with Dundee financially.

Are Queens going to blow their transfer budget on a player in a position they don’t need to strengthen.

Finally, Berra has knees of glass. Is he seriously going to sign for a club that trains on Astro and plays on the worst Astro pitch in Scotland ??

I just can’t see it. IMO

21 minutes ago, SueSue said:

On the Berra rumour.

There is no way Queens can compete with Dundee financially.

Are Queens going to blow their transfer budget on a player in a position they don’t need to strengthen.

Finally, Berra has knees of glass. Is he seriously going to sign for a club that trains on Astro and plays on the worst Astro pitch in Scotland ??

I just can’t see it. IMO

No I would be very surprised if he ended up at Queens & agree we are covered in CB position. 

Berra is linked with Salford City managed by Graeme Alexander neither QoS or Dundee can compete with there budget. 

Would rather AJ used the money to get a winger & creative midfielder in. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

4 hours ago, lowland star said:

If queens sign Berra it will be as a free agent as will mcshane as both have been told they can leave if they find a club .
I think there is more chance of Berra because he will more likely except a 6 month deal to maybe enjoy his football again and decide in summer where as mcshane will be looking for a 18 month contract
If this happens it still leaves a loan player to come in
I like tidser but he turn down £1000 to go back to Morton out of our price range I think

Tidser has been a massive disappointment for us, and on a big wage, I'd steer clear, McShane looks at least fitter but has contributed little, you've probably more chance of getting him.