The Queen of the South thread

5 minutes ago, Kunter said:

Doubt McShane will come back. He knew he wasn't particularly liked by the majority of fans 

A substantial minority I would say rather than the majority. Doesn't mean he won't come back.  He'll go where he gets the deal that suits him. 

Doubt McShane will come back. He knew he wasn't particularly liked by the majority of fans 

Maybe initially but surely the majority of fans were disappointed when he left? Had the ability to thread a pass like nobody we’ve had since and chipped in with a few goals.

Wonder if hearts will look to send a couple of their younger players out on loan with the array of signings they’ve made. I’d take Harry Cochrane if available.

Also, heard harkins has been told he’s free to find a new club...

13 minutes ago, Kunter said:

Mcshane was young and learning his trade at Queens he was only 17 when he started and had a lot to learn 5 years later just before he left he had won the majority of fans over and had well earned his move to Ross County. Wouldn't mind him back need someone with his vision and passing in midfield. 

7 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Maybe initially but surely the majority of fans were disappointed when he left? Had the ability to thread a pass like nobody we’ve had since and chipped in with a few goals.

Wonder if hearts will look to send a couple of their younger players out on loan with the array of signings they’ve made. I’d take Harry Cochrane if available.

With only 1 loan left AJ has to make sure its the right one, Surely Rangers could help us out with someone having taken McCrorie back off us.... 

Gary Harkins deserted us mid season last year after allegedly refusing to play up front for Gary Naysmith. No thanks for me...

20 minutes ago, Kunter said:

Really? I thought there was a minority that didn't like him.

We could do with his creativity in the team right now.

A bit late but good riddance to brownlie, can GTF. That performance on Saturday is up there with Antell as the worst I’ve ever seen in a Queens shirt.

Attitude is an absolute disgrace, hope he flings in a barrowload for thistle. If somebody told me in the summer we’d get a fee for brownlie in January, I’d have laughed.

2 hours ago, Benji said:

What's the betting we go in for McShane?

Michael Tidser has just left Falkirk why don't we go for him someone that can actually  pass a ball forward in midfield .

Getting Berra will be very difficult Hearts would have to pay the majority of his wages something they will not want to do  that would be our last loan away as well .

We need a winger as well  somehow we have to get quality in not easy on our budget 

Michael Tidser has just left Falkirk why don't we go for him someone that can actually  pass a ball forward in midfield .
Getting Berra will be very difficult Hearts would have to pay the majority of his wages something they will not want to do  that would be our last loan away as well .
We need a winger as well  somehow we have to get quality in not easy on our budget 
Can you please let everyone else know what our budget is so we know who we can discuss as a realistic signing target. I have absolutely no clue what our budget is but given you bring it up constantly I expect you are ITK*. Please share.

* FAO** of SueSue - In The Know.

** For Attention Of

[emoji14]

1 hour ago, JK_Queens said:

You’d be better off with Craig Slater.

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can you please let everyone else know what our budget is so we know who we can discuss as a realistic signing target. I have absolutely no clue what our budget is but given you bring it up constantly I expect you are ITK*. Please share.

* FAO** of SueSue - In The Know.

** For Attention Of

emoji14.png

👍👏

A bit late but good riddance to brownlie, can GTF. That performance on Saturday is up there with Antell as the worst I’ve ever seen in a Queens shirt.

Attitude is an absolute disgrace, hope he flings in a barrowload for thistle. If somebody told me in the summer we’d get a fee for brownlie in January, I’d have laughed.

Think that's harsh. He was honking on Saturday and I still think he downed tools which isn't very professional. But he's been one of our best players this season and has been a decent servant over the last few years. Certainly not been excellent throughout his time with us but I don't have any ill feelings towards him. He deserves his move. He's entitled to one honking game after the season he's had and although he was terrible on Saturday he was far from the only one. He's just taken all the heat because he signed a pre-contract.

Think that's harsh. He was honking on Saturday and I still think he downed tools which isn't very professional. But he's been one of our best players this season and has been a decent servant over the last few years. Certainly not been excellent throughout his time with us but I don't have any ill feelings towards him. He deserves his move. He's entitled to one honking game after the season he's had and although he was terrible on Saturday he was far from the only one. He's just taken all the heat because he signed a pre-contract.

Fair enough. But for me, it’s absolutely pathetic for a player to turn in a performance like that in the circumstances and tells you something about his maturity. Thistle are a bigger club than us don’t get me wrong and no doubt he’s got a healthy pay rise as a result, but they are bottom of the same league as us. It’s hardly as if one of the old firm have came in for him.

SD has said himself in the thistle thread his head wasn’t in the right place. The club stuck by him this season after 6 months out, just think it’s exceptionally poor from somebody who’s played 150 games. Look at docherty at Ayr for an example of a model pro still turning in good performances for his club despite signing a pre-contract.

Fair enough. But for me, it’s absolutely pathetic for a player to turn in a performance like that in the circumstances and tells you something about his maturity. Thistle are a bigger club than us don’t get me wrong and no doubt he’s got a healthy pay rise as a result, but they are bottom of the same league as us. It’s hardly as if one of the old firm have came in for him.

SD has said himself in the thistle thread his head wasn’t in the right place. The club stuck by him this season after 6 months out, just think it’s exceptionally poor from somebody who’s played 150 games. Look at docherty at Ayr for an example of a model pro still turning in good performances for his club despite signing a pre-contract.

He played well after he had signed for Thistle. He actually got MoM if I recall correctly so until Saturday he had remained professional. I think he must have known he was going this week and if so AJ surely must have known. Good management would have been to drop him IMO.

I was as pissed off at him as everyone else after Saturday and it leaves a bad taste. I just won't hold any ill feelings against him based on one awful performance. I fully expect some sections of our support will predictably give him pelters in the next meeting.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He played well after he had signed for Thistle. He actually got MoM if I recall correctly so until Saturday he had remained professional. I think he must have known he was going this week and if so AJ surely must have known. Good management would have been to drop him IMO.

I was as pissed off at him as everyone else after Saturday and it leaves a bad taste. I just won't hold any ill feelings against him based on one awful performance. I fully expect some sections of our support will predictably give him pelters in the next meeting.

The only issue with Brownlie not playing on Saturday would have meant a CB pairing of an 18 year old and Semple at 21. That is a young pairing for that position.....

Mind you it could not have been any worse than what happened.

46 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yes, this.

I was mad at him on Saturday, primarily for delivering a terrible performance.  As I said, he's less likely to find people in a forgiving mood, given that he was on his way.

I don't believe for a minute though that he'd chucked it.  I think he just had a rotten game.  We all know he was capable of having them.  It was just that they'd become less frequent.

I'd imagine that he was gutted at signing off like that.  He probably deserves to be remembered as a player who struggled for a while, but made big improvements.

No hard feelings.