The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Demi took quite a pounding from a lot of our support last year and whilst he is an extremely frustrating player I liked him and thought most of it was a bit much. The Motherwell fans called him the ‘competition winner’ and some our fans just didn’t get over that imo.

The negatives are well he’s extremely inconsistent but then that’s to be expected when you’ve got an international player playing at this level. He’s a poor finisher, not great technically and he really doesn’t have any ‘game intelligence’. In his first few games for us playing right mid in a 4 you could see players actually pointing to him and where he was supposed to be and tbh that side of his game never really improved as the season went on.

Positives are he’s fast as f**k, actually sometimes probably too fast for his brain but lightning quick. He’s got a fantastic jump on him and is decent in the air, he’s about 6’1 already but gets some height when he jumps. His final ball is ok, he got a good few assists for us last season probably highest in our team tbh. For he’s best playing either up front in a 2 or playing wide either side in a front 3. Wouldn’t fancy him much in a 4 man midfield.

He’s definitely all sugar or all shite and he’ll divide your support but there’s absolutely a player in there. If he could find the form that he’s capable of and do it consistently then he’s absolutely got the potential to play at a much higher level but I don’t think it will ever quite click for him.

Just what we need a 6'-1" wide man to launch hopeful high balls to.  A good balanced post though. 

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Only way we could get him is on loan with Hearts paying a lot of his wages ..Dundee look favourite to sign him .

Hopefully we can get another midfielder in either McShane or Tidser 

Seemingly wants to stay in the central belt and doesnt want to travel to far. Hence why he turned Salford down and isnt keen on dundee.

28 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

I don’t think Wilson is the answer to our midfield problems but I do like him. I find him quite similar to Pybus in that he can run for miles and never seen to tire. Was hoping for someone with a bit of flair in that middle. 

Yes agree similar to Pybus maybe more direct and could play CB if needed, If its true Wilson would be the last of our loan signings unless it's permanent deal as he has only 6 month left at Killie. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:
You guys are getting Iain Wilson back on loan apparently......

Don't tease us like that man.

Sorry mate....... 

O’Donnell’s decision is a boost for new Killie boss Alex Dyer after a horror run of seven straight league losses. 

Dyer hopes to add two new faces before the deadline but will allow Iain Wilson to head back to Queen of the South on loan.

I don’t think Wilson is the answer to our midfield problems but I do like him. I find him quite similar to Pybus in that he can run for miles and never seen to tire. Was hoping for someone with a bit of flair in that middle. 
He will take the ball and go forward. He may not be the answer as such but at least we'd have someone in there confident of heading towards the opposition goal.

1 hour ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Fine, I'll ask. What exactly were you googling? Was it 'Dobbie with tits'? Unsure if this is a can of works that I wish to open...

There’s a page on twitter called ‘footballers with tits’.