The Queen of the South thread

One final question for now and it is as follows. Since league recostruction in 75-6, how many Premier league clubs have Queens put out in cup competitions ?

Not many.

I'll aim for a typically vague and uncomprehensive opener:

Hibs the other night,

Aberdeen in '08 obviously,

Dunfermline in '90,

Ayr United very soon after reconstruction.

Who have I missed?

Ok, you lot got all the live transmission matches and all the main featured games that Qos have been involved with bar one . Scotsport showed twenty minutes of our game one Sunday afternoon in late 1978 and I have seen the evidence . As you might have guessed , we were the main game ( Killie away ) because the bad weather had obliterated the card . One final question for now and it is as follows. Since league recostruction in 75-6, how many Premier league clubs have Queens put out in cup competitions ?

Think I can remember that game, it was a 0-0 draw if I recall.

Motherwell in the cup?

I wondered about that. I think we beat Motherwell in the round before we got Partick Thistle at home in a big game in 1980. I thought Motherwell were in the first at the time though, but could be wrong.

I could always check, but I much prefer relying on my totally fallible recall.

:huh:

The four we have are doing just fine. :D

Good timing on my part. :lol:

15 goals between the 4 strikers so far this season. Not bad going.

Impressive.

My post was made with the expectation that Lyle was out injured, Clark was carrying a knock, Smith is injury-prone and Reilly is still a kid. Until today, we had missed a barrowload of chances.

Now that Reilly has scored a hat-trick, Clark is on the scoresheet again and Smith is back from injury, my post looks rather odd. I'm mainly concerned about Smith, who started the season as our recognised number 1 striker. If he can prove his fitness then we are fine in the striker department.