The Queen of the South thread

6 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Any new signing we make can they be put straight onto furlough .

No. You can only be furloughed if you were employed at the start of March and have been continuously employed since. Even then it's now too late to put anyone on furlough. The last date for first sticking an employee on furlough was 10th June. That's irrelevant anyway though since you can't furlough new employees at any time.

Any new signing we make can they be put straight onto furlough .
Season tickets from last season I think Queens are the only club not to offer refunds ..
I would like to think most fans would not want a refund in fact i think most fans would be happy to pay the same as last season 

I see you continue to live in cloud cuckoo land.

Before we get ready to start our Queens Trust 2020/21 membership drive we would like to say a very big THANK YOU to all of our members for your support in 2019/20. Some of our fantastic members from last year are pictured here...

A513D8E7-86E9-4B63-ADA5-F1B42D5F2180.jpeg

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

A nice gesture but I expect not everyone will be in such a fortunate position. I'll gladly pay to watch a stream but I wouldn't buy a ST and end up £60/80 down just to see the games. The club needs support but family comes before football for the majority of people.

I think if it is a stipulation then one of my kids might find themselves being junior blue season ticket holders.

I think if it is a stipulation then one of my kids might find themselves being junior blue season ticket holders.

I’m guessing paying £18 for a JB wouldn’t entitle you to the streaming.
It is going to be difficult enough this season , so fans trying to buck the system is not what is required .

I’m guessing paying £18 for a JB wouldn’t entitle you to the streaming.
It is going to be difficult enough this season , so fans trying to buck the system is not what is required .
Is it lonely up there on your pedestal? ;)

According to today's papers Queens are looking to start back training at the end of August or beginning of September ready for BetFred games in October. With only 3 players signed up the Manager,  who is still furloughed at the moment,  is keeping close tabs on players available to sign for squad rebuilding. 

29 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

According to today's papers Queens are looking to start back training at the end of August or beginning of September ready for BetFred games in October. With only 3 players signed up the Manager,  who is still furloughed at the moment,  is keeping close tabs on players available to sign for squad rebuilding. 

That's just taken directly from the Board statement on the OS linked on the previous page.

On 19/06/2020 at 16:25, Monkey Tennis said:

That's a pretty bonkers stipulation I'd have thought, if the idea is to maximise revenue.

I'm fairly sure Hamilton have said they wont be selling season tickets next season, and all games, both closed doors and when fans are back, will be PPV.

The bit about season ticket holders is, apparently, only to do with games live on Sky. If your club is on Sky, only season ticket holders can watch via the clubs channel, with everyone else having to use Sky. If your games not on Sky, then the club channel can sell PPV. Ewan Murray confused the whole matter in his desperation to have a go at the SPFL, but what I've written is what's been said.

On 19/06/2020 at 20:02, Steeplechat said:

I see you continue to live in cloud cuckoo land.

Will Queens not be able to let some fans in come October .

At worse surely we could use the terrace safely or is that in cuckoo land 

Edited by Northfield 53

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Will Queens not be able to let some fans in come October .

At worse surely we could use the terrace safely or is that in cuckoo land 

Nobody knows the answer to that but  if the virus continues to slow, they bring in 1m distanving am sure we will see fans in even a % of the ground capacity even if you have to were face coverings to get the fans back... Problem is nobody has a crystal ball that can tell the future.... 

Robbie Neilson heading back to Palmerston as Hearts Manager

Never saw that one coming and must be a backward step in his career. I know he may feel he has unfinished business at Hearts but it's a step down in league status

I’ve been mulling over how many internationalists have played for Queens in the last 60 years. I’ve come up with 11. Are there any more ?

George Farm, Bobby Shearer, Willie Telfer, Jackie Plenderleith, Neil Martin, Ivor Broadis, Sam Malcolmson, Andy Goram, AlanJohnston, James McFadden, Cammy Bell.

1 hour ago, Hannigan said:

I’ve been mulling over how many internationalists have played for Queens in the last 60 years. I’ve come up with 11. Are there any more ?

George Farm, Bobby Shearer, Willie Telfer, Jackie Plenderleith, Neil Martin, Ivor Broadis, Sam Malcolmson, Andy Goram, AlanJohnston, James McFadden, Cammy Bell.

Off the top of my head, Stuart Lovell (Australia), George O'Boyle (Northern Ireland), Robbie Neilson (Scotland), Robert Connor (Scotland).

Edit - and Myles Beerman (Malta), Jamie McAllister (Scotland)

Scott Fox was in a couple of squads and possibly on the bench, not sure. Didnt actually get on though.

Do they have to have played for our 1st team? Grant Hanley was with us till he was 15 or 16. Never played 1st team though obviously.

Edited by Skyline Drifter