The Queen of the South thread

6 hours ago, BIGdavieT said:

For reasons stated earlier there can be issues watching these streams directly on smart tvs. 

The Morton stream was jumpy on my smart tv, but on my laptop it (the stream picture quality) was good.

You should try watching it on a computer, laptop or tablet. Do you have any of those? 

Once it is running on one of those devices it should be possible to connect them to the tv which is not the same as watching directly on your tv. 

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks for  the advice will try and find a Laptop not used it for years hopefully that will do the job think there is a iPad somewhere as well 

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Thanks for  the advice will try and find a Laptop not used it for years hopefully that will do the job think there is a iPad somewhere as well 

iPad’s, and similar tablets, seem to handle streams very well with little stuttering and buffering. A very old model might be different,  but as long as the quality of the feed is decent, you aren’t losing much, if anything, watching on a tablet. Your weak point would likely be your available bandwidth into your viewing location, so change the WiFi password and don’t tell the kids!

37 minutes ago, TxRover said:

iPad’s, and similar tablets, seem to handle streams very well with little stuttering and buffering. A very old model might be different,  but as long as the quality of the feed is decent, you aren’t losing much, if anything, watching on a tablet. Your weak point would likely be your available bandwidth into your viewing location, so change the WiFi password and don’t tell the kids!

....... and you might consider hardwiring your PC directly into your broadband router with a network cable to remove any weakness in your WiFi signal....... as if I even have a single digital clue what I'm talking about here.... 😂

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

For whst its worth I tried to run a test stream from one of the friendlies on my old laptop and it wouldnt play. It still runs on windows xp though and we concluded the system probably was too obsolete to run it. It worked fine on windows 10. 

If your laptop is very old it may not work.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

For whst its worth I tried to run a test stream from one of the friendlies on my old laptop and it wouldnt play. It still runs on windows xp though and we concluded the system probably was too obsolete to run it. It worked fine on windows 10. 

If your laptop is very old it may not work.

Worst case, lug a hardwire from the router to the TV, that’ll possibly help it...but someone will flip over it!

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not enough streaming chat on here for my liking.

I can help with that if you want? Want to hear about how we solved the different email address issue, in detail?

48 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Worst case, lug a hardwire from the router to the TV, that’ll possibly help it...but someone will flip over it!

Not if you cable it round the door frames, like in my house ;) 

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I can help with that if you want? Want to hear about how we solved the different email address issue, in detail?

Not if you cable it round the door frames, like in my house ;) 

Too lazy to drill holes?

21 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

We could chat about what a magnificent player Lyndon Dykes is instead if you’d like?

Dykes had gone from playing for us under 2 years ago to Scotland main forward  amazing .

Nice touch from Dykes giving his  1st 2 Scotland tops to Queens and Livi  always speaks highly of Queens in any interview 

8 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Dykes had gone from playing for us under 2 years ago to Scotland main forward  amazing .

Nice touch from Dykes giving his  1st 2 Scotland tops to Queens and Livi  always speaks highly of Queens in any interview 

If he did that, hats off to the guy, a very decent thing to do.