The Queen of the South thread

Centre back has to be (and I'm sure is) our main priority. My heart was in my mouth when big Ayo was on the deck for a period in the first half. Partly because he has looked very good so far and even more so because I was thinking who the hell goes in there if he goes off. I imagine it would have been Nortey but I doubt it could be a long term solution.

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

I must be doing something wrong when  I did eventually get a picture  on my smart TV it froze every time waste of a £10 but going to a good cause I suppose 

No problem with Live updates 

TV’s seem a constant source of complaints of buffering, unless hardwired to the internet. My “smart TV” would buffer every time the Raith TV chat board would update, but my tablet (on the same WiFi) didn’t buffer once. It seems most TV’s aren’t the most recent software versions or perhaps use inefficient WiFi chips or such. Every person that complained the TV was buffering reported no problems on a tablet, phone, or computer...the main difference on those is they are almost always updated.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, queenslad said:
Great effort all round from everyone players and media team.
My screen froze a few times sometimes for a couple of seconds and few times for 10-20 seconds. If it's my equipment how can I make sure it won't happen again (TV is new).
I wasn't expecting replays but that was great. Who were the commentators?

The names I read were Sandy Kerr and Finlay Jack.

sounded like Bruce McKenzie to me...........................................pretty sure it was and of the two Finlays' I know guess Finlay Jack is correct!

Guest TOPFITTER
4 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

I must be doing something wrong when  I did eventually get a picture  on my smart TV it froze every time waste of a £10 but going to a good cause I suppose 

No problem with Live updates 

I had the same problems, then changed to laptop-hdmi cable-tv and it went swimmingly.  Congrats to the whole team involved in the production, and a special mention to Andy Cowan who patiently dealt with my technophobic abilities, thank you sir.Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

25 minutes ago, BIGdavieT said:

In case you missed it. Here’s a cameraman who actually films the goals!

22 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Thats the exact same cameraman that filmed the live stream

This. Its literally the same footage. Just not cropped. We didnt have a cameraman there.

50 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

For the Partick game is it better to watch the game on  a Laptop is there any test that I can do to see if it works before paying for it 

For reasons stated earlier there can be issues watching these streams directly on smart tvs. 

The Morton stream was jumpy on my smart tv, but on my laptop it (the stream picture quality) was good.

You should try watching it on a computer, laptop or tablet. Do you have any of those? 

Once it is running on one of those devices it should be possible to connect them to the tv which is not the same as watching directly on your tv. 

Hope that makes sense!

54 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

For the Partick game is it better to watch the game on  a Laptop is there any test that I can do to see if it works before paying for it 

Apart from a couple of short buffering breaks I had no bother logging in and watching yesterday's game.  I connected my laptop to my TV via the HDMI port with the appropriate cable. Obviously this doesn't guarantee a better connection to the stream but gives you a bigger screen to watch on.  Others will advise you better on possible tests.  I've bought my ticket for the Partick game this morning. BIGdavieT has the same idea. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

57 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

I think the easiest thing for you would be to watch it on your laptop. Try and connect the laptop to your tv with an HDMI cable if you have one and the laptop has a socket for it. Otherwise worst case scenario you can watch it on the laptop!

2 minutes ago, BIGdavieT said:

That just makes it even more ridiculous!

I think the point being made was that it was not the cameraman's fault that we did not see the goals, which was the insinuation that it was in your earlier post. 

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I think the point being made was that it was not the cameraman's fault that we did not see the goals, which was the insinuation that it was in your earlier post. 

Indeed. Even more ridiculous than if it had just been the cameraman filming incorrectly. 

17 hours ago, queenslad said:

Great effort all round from everyone players and media team.

My screen froze a few times sometimes for a couple of seconds and few times for 10-20 seconds. If it's my equipment how can I make sure it won't happen again (TV is new).

I wasn't expecting replays but that was great. Who were the commentators?

its all about what broadband you have ,you need superfast fibre and also the equipment your using to watch it needs to be a fast processor speed  both go hand in hand ,smart tvs dont usually have great processor speeds unless youve bought top of range ,if you have an xbox or a decent pc with superfast fibre youl have zero glitching and a super smooth stream .