The Queen of the South thread

18 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I guess we don't. Hard to say how a chief exec on their first day on the job is essential to the operation of the game though.

Do they need to be essential to the operation of the game? Are clubs not allowed up to 10 directors and senior personnel to be in the stand? 

The SFA guidance allows 10 directors or senior personnel per club (or did at that time, don’t know if it has changed this week) although that was for league games in the Championship and lower. Don’t know if it was different for the Scottish Cup.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7440/scottish-fa-return-to-matches-protocol_spfl-championship_league-12.pdf

Davie Rae attended the ICT game in his capacity as honorary director, so if Dempster had been appointed Chief Exec last week, you’d think it would be ok for her to attend, first day or not. 

35 minutes ago, Flash said:

The SFA guidance allows 10 directors or senior personnel per club (or did at that time, don’t know if it has changed this week) although that was for league games in the Championship and lower. Don’t know if it was different for the Scottish Cup.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7440/scottish-fa-return-to-matches-protocol_spfl-championship_league-12.pdf

Davie Rae attended the ICT game in his capacity as honorary director, so if Dempster had been appointed Chief Exec last week, you’d think it would be ok for her to attend, first day or not. 

Fair enough.

Not sure why you would sign a contract on Friday and wait until  Tuesday to announce it though. Especially when it would take away any questions over whether or not you should be at the ground.

Far more likely she went to the game, spoke to the directors about the job, took the weekend to think about it, spent yesterday finalising the details then signed a contract today.

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Fair enough.

Not sure why you would sign a contract on Friday and wait until  Tuesday to announce it though. Especially when it would take away any questions over whether or not you should be at the ground.

Far more likely she went to the game, spoke to the directors about the job, took the weekend to think about it, spent yesterday finalising the details then signed a contract today.

Quite possibly, but it's hardly a George Galloway type breach is it?  

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Quite possibly, but it's hardly a George Galloway type breach is it?  

Depends how you look at it. 

If she wasnt an employee on Friday then she was a guest so its, technically, just as much of a breach of the rules.

However, morally, no its not in the same ball park.

Im not using her attendance to try and justify Galloways attendance in any way, just in case anyone thought I was

58 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Fair enough.

Possibly. I very much doubt she left Hibs not knowing where she was going next. She might have already agreed to join QP around the time that Hibs announced she was leaving. But couldn’t take up the job because she was still contracted to Hibs until last week. And QP didn’t want to announce it until a suitable interval after her job at Hibs officially ended.
We can guess all we like about it, though. She strikes me as intelligent enough to not attend a live televised game if she wasn’t supposed to be there. However, people do make mistakes.

Edited by Flash

And that will have been cancelled as of yesterday's announcement?  Wondered if they would have made plans to try and play our game again maybe a day later.

Personally I have no qualms with the game being postponed. We have a terrible record against ICT and nobody fancies a midweek trek to Inverness in the middle of winter.
Let’s keep the winning momentum going hopefully with a win against Arbroath on Saturday and avoiding a potentially heavy defeat to ICT before hand [emoji170]

It has to be done but testing players is expensive .

£75 a test 20 tests £1,500 a week is a lot to pay out but hopefully we now have the £500,000 from the Scots Gov to pay it .

We are going to need a lot of that money to pay wages as I don't think there will be any crowds this season .

What is the guess at our wage bill maybe £15,000 a week all in 

6 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

£75 a test 20 tests £1,500 a week is a lot to pay out but hopefully we now have the £500,000 from the Scots Gov to pay it .

We are going to need a lot of that money to pay wages as I don't think there will be any crowds this season .

I read the other day that we’ve received half of the £500k. Not sure if we’ve received anymore since then though but £250k will more than cover the testing that’s needed. 

Be surprised if it's as high as that unless we are paying the full wage of the loanees as well, which I assume we are not. I know Connor Murray was on peanuts without bonuses so I expect it's a similar deal for the other youngsters. £15k could mean they are making over £900 (pre-tax) each on average. I'm very doubtful they'll be as highly paid as that tbh.