The Queen of the South thread

I can't say I agree with that in the slightest.  Given our performances in the league the past few season, I'd take any excuse to concentrate on something other than the league.  I love the Scottish Cup and no matter the circumstances I want us to progress as far as possible.  Especially as we never progress very far.
What's the script with TV games for this round?  I suppose it's fair to assume both Celtic and Rangers will be shown.  If there is a third tie then we could be in with a shout.  Hibs and Jack Ross seem to be golden boys in the media this season, there is a ready written narrative for them with anything to do with Hibs and the Scottish Cup, plus they love to bang on about Palmerston being a "proper old school stadium" which would be the perfect venue for "the romance of the cup".
I love the Scottish Cup but it just isn't appealing to me just now with no crowds. Unless it's televised I'm doubtful we'll make much money from it and if we were to do the unthinkable and go on a cup run to the later stages I'd find it even more depressing not being able to attend tbh.

It's personal preference but given the circumstances I really don't care this year :(

21 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Did we get a fee from the BBC  for the live game against Queens Park ?

Yes

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I love the Scottish Cup but it just isn't appealing to me just now with no crowds. Unless it's televised I'm doubtful we'll make much money from it and if we were to do the unthinkable and go on a cup run to the later stages I'd find it even more depressing not being able to attend tbh.

It's personal preference but given the circumstances I really don't care this year :(

The payment for a TV game for R3 is more than we make from streaming league games. However, chances are we would charge more and get significantly more Hibs fans than we've had at any other game. I dont think its a guarantee we would make more streaming it but its certainly a possibility. 

Edited by Mr X

The payment for a TV game for R3 is more than we make from streaming league games. However, chances are we would charge more and get significantly more Hibs fans than we've had at any other game. I dont think its a guarantee we would make more streaming it but its certainly a possibility. 
How does the streaming work in the cup? I know it'll sound ridiculous given we're providing the stream but does that get split like a game would or would we keep all the money?

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

How does the streaming work in the cup? I know it'll sound ridiculous given we're providing the stream but does that get split like a game would or would we keep all the money?

As far as I know, and Im assuming rather than knowing, the profits are still split the same as gate money would be.

I think its safe to say there will be some form of split of the streaming revenue

Think the streaming money will definitely be split, especially with no replays. If it is the same as normal, home club would keep about 60%, I think. If the tv money for this round is about £30,000 per club, that would mean selling about 3,500 streams at £15 would work out about the same for the home team.
Of course, in a normal season, you’d get the tv money plus the gate money, rather than it being an alternative.

6 hours ago, Mr X said:

As far as I know, and Im assuming rather than knowing, the profits are still split the same as gate money would be.

I think its safe to say there will be some form of split of the streaming revenue

The streaming is split the same as gate money this is why I think you should charge more for it .

If we stay at a £10 we only make £5 a head surely we should try and make as much as we can .

So 2 games on premier and 3 bbc? Surely we will be a pick.
Bound to be in with a shout. Looking through them you'd imagine bankers would be:-

Dundee vs St Johnstone
Ross County vs ICT
Livi vs Raith

The OF have drawn teams they should beat comfortably so there isn't any chance of an upset but I expect at least one of them will be on the tele to keep the knuckledraggers happy. They might want to get one of the minnows on the box as well I suppose.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Bound to be in with a shout. Looking through them you'd imagine bankers would be:-

Dundee vs St Johnstone
Ross County vs ICT
Livi vs Raith

The OF have drawn teams they should beat comfortably so there isn't any chance of an upset but I expect at least one of them will be on the tele to keep the knuckledraggers happy. They might want to get one of the minnows on the box as well I suppose.

Both of the bigot brothers will be on, most likely both on premier. Highland and Tayside derbies look there most obvious choices to me, so it's whether we're viewed as the next best game or not.

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Sell him and get him back on loan for the rest of the season. No way he starts for Carlisle given the players they have up front.

I doubt we would get much for him, given he has six months left of his deal.

They could also sign him on a pre-contract agreement, without spending anything. 

6 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

A Dykes style deal would be sufficient.

Not sure, If I am missing something. If he signed a pre-contract with another club, he could stay with us and his new club would get him in June.

Why would they want to buy him now, just to loan him back to us (when they could get him for free in the summer)?

Granted, any fee we received would be likely to be pretty small. However, I don’t think a buy-to-loan back makes sense in this case

Edited by qos_75

Not sure, If I am missing something. If he signed a pre-contract with another club, he could stay with us and his new club would get him in June.
Why would they want to buy him now, just to loan him back to us? Granted, any fee we received would be likely to be small. 

Possibly because there are plenty of examples of players signing pre-contracts but not making the move. Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Possibly because there are plenty of examples of players signing pre-contracts but not making the move. Just a thought.

That’s my point. A pre contract agreement would make more sense. I can’t see any team buying him to loan him back at this stage. 

8 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Why would they want to buy him now, just to loan him back to us (when they could get him for free in the summer)?

Granted, any fee we received would be likely to be pretty small. However, I don’t think a buy-to-loan back makes sense in this case

That's exactly what the Dykes deal was. Livi gave up a sell on fee in order to secure his services 6 months later (they have been burned by pre-contracts before though). We didn't get any fee up front, but basically made a no risk bet on his future (which turned out very well for us).

That’s my point. A pre contract agreement would make more sense. I can’t see any team buying him to loan him back at this stage. 

Yes I tend to agree. Just trying to see a positive spin for us.
That said while all clubs at lower level will likely have financial constraints the likes of Carlisle have relatively recently taken in big money in a transfer of a player to Everton and even more recently further money when their former youth player (Henderson) made his first start in goals for ManU. If they were really keen on Shields then a small fee would no doubt seal the deal. I’m not suggesting we’d get big bucks for him but some money and still having him for the rest of the season isn’t impossible.