The Queen of the South thread

35 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Things I thought I'd never see.

Shaun Rooney man of the match in a national cup semi final today.

All credit to the big man and good luck to him.

Forgot that was even on! Delighted to see a team with 4 ex QoS players starting getting through to a final though. Hopefully another 3 ex QoS players follow them into it tomorrow!

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Forgot that was even on! Delighted to see a team with 4 ex QoS players starting getting through to a final though. Hopefully another 3 ex QoS players follow them into it tomorrow!

Indeed. A goal for Kerr plus a goal and assist for Rooney. 

Edit to add even 4 ex QOS players at Livi. McCrorie, Reilly, Hamilton and Kouider-Aissa albeit I imagine Hamilton might be cup-tied.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He had a bad ankle injury which kept him out two months before Xmas and has a minor groin issue now. He is back at Motherwell for treatment until he is fit again. He is still on loan to us.

How many more loans can we make .

Robinson can we cancel the loan would that give us another loan to use he has done nothing even when he was fit .

25 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Indeed. A goal for Kerr plus a goal and assist for Rooney. 

Edit to add even 4 ex QOS players at Livi. McCrorie, Reilly, Hamilton and Kouider-Aissa albeit I imagine Hamilton might be cup-tied.

I actually forgot McCrorie! I was counting Salim and Hamilton. They arent cup tied. Group games treated separately from rest of tourney this season.

27 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

How many more loans can we make .

Robinson can we cancel the loan would that give us another loan to use he has done nothing even when he was fit .

Has a fit Robinson featured enough to make such a scathing assessment?  I'm not too sure just how many minutes he's played for us. 

Has a fit Robinson featured enough to make such a scathing assessment?  I'm not too sure just how many minutes he's played for us. 
Leave him alone, he needs something to moan about after Queens won again today...

Genuinely believe that we could be a decent outfit in the Championship. Defence was much less scary minus Buchanan today. Really think we miss a vocal captain tho.
The commentary team remarked on how vocal McCabe was today tbf.

28 minutes ago, Jan mosniack said:

Genuinely believe that we could be a decent outfit in the Championship. Defence was much less scary minus Buchanan today. Really think we miss a vocal captain tho.

Mccabe is one of the clubs most vocal players... 

15 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I see McCrorie seems to have lost the number 1 shirt at Livvy. Can’t see Rangers being happy at this situation.

In the circumstances is there an outside chance for us to try and get McCrorie back till end of season?

No chance.... 

I see McCrorie seems to have lost the number 1 shirt at Livvy. Can’t see Rangers being happy at this situation.

In the circumstances is there an outside chance for us to try and get McCrorie back till end of season?

To play second fiddle to Ferguson?

McCrorie is comfortably better than Ferguson. Another GK isn't what we need though. Regardless of all their injuries...

I’d agree, but I’m getting more confident as we go with ferguson and I’m quite happy with him. Rather that than progress somebody else’s player. Especially one that choose to leave half way through a season long loan and helped towards shafting our season

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

McCrorie is comfortably better than Ferguson. Another GK isn't what we need though. Regardless of all their injuries...

Well it clearly is. Another 1st choice keeper isn't what we need, which I presume is your point. We could do with someone to cover the bench until either Leighfield or Cowie is fit though. I wouldn't want to run with one keeper for a month or so though, especially given Ferguson was far from fully fit yesterday. Dan's season is over before it began unfortunately so that option is gone. We need to find another keeper before next weekend.

I’d agree, but I’m getting more confident as we go with ferguson and I’m quite happy with him. Rather that than progress somebody else’s player. Especially one that choose to leave half way through a season long loan and helped towards shafting our season

If Ferguson was on a 3 year deal I'd get your point but playing loan players ahead of our 'own' players doesn't matter at our level when they are on 1 year deals IMO.

I'm not sure how much choice McCrorie had in the decision last year tbf. I expect he did as he was told. Even if he had the 'choice' to stay with us I expect doing so would have had some repercussions for himself. I didn't have any ill feeling towards him after his move to Livi.

It was entirely his choice. Rangers were not pushing for it.
I doubt it was entirely his choice otherwise why would Rangers even consider the idea? As I said, I expect he would be trying to do what he thought would please his employer so really don't hold it against him.