The Queen of the South thread

Surprised you haven't went for Callum Ferrie. Too soon to be our number 1 (as evidenced by his performances earlier in the season) but still highly thought of and won PotY & YPotY at Stirling, out of contract in the summer and fell to 3rd in the pecking order for us. We sent him to Falkirk to sit on the bench last season and we're actively looking to make moves in the market so any amount of wage paid would probably be gladly accepted and he's a youth so it's not like he's on megamoney.

I'd have thought he'd have been ideal tbh.

Edited by Ludo*1

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Surprised you haven't went for Callum Ferrie. Too soon to be our number 1 (as evidenced by his performances earlier in the season) but still highly thought of and won PotY & YPotY at Stirling, out of contract in the summer and fell to 3rd in the pecking order for us. We sent him to Falkirk to sit on the bench last season and we're actively looking to make moves in the market so any amount of wage paid would probably be gladly accepted and he's a youth so it's not like he's on megamoney.

I'd have thought he'd have been ideal tbh.

We're only picking up an emergency loan keeper for 7 days at a time until Leighfield is fit, not looking for a full loan. Picking up a currently unable to train or play League 1 or 2 keeper makes far more sense really and benefits all parties. And whilst we're not that imminently due to play Dundee, taking a keeper who would be ineligible to play against you is also risky.

13 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We're only picking up an emergency loan keeper for 7 days at a time until Leighfield is fit, not looking for a full loan. Picking up a currently unable to train or play League 1 or 2 keeper makes far more sense really and benefits all parties. And whilst we're not that imminently due to play Dundee, taking a keeper who would be ineligible to play against you is also risky.

If Leighfield is still out when the Hibs game is played, what happens? Is it possible to get a keeper on loan who had been on the bench for another club in a previous round?

Just now, Flash said:

If Leighfield is still out when the Hibs game is played, what happens? Is it possible to get a keeper on loan who had been on the bench for another club in a previous round?

If Leighfield's out when HIbs comes around then we'll either have to take a risk and go with one keeper or get hold of an emergency loan one who isn't cup tied. You aren't cup tied by being an unused sub these days.

I can't see the Hibs tie being played before the end of February though with lower league sides at best looking at a March 2nd return apparently. Barring any setback Leighfield should be back by then. Cowie too for that matter I think though he's not solving the Scottish Cup issue either.

33 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If Leighfield's out when HIbs comes around then we'll either have to take a risk and go with one keeper or get hold of an emergency loan one who isn't cup tied. You aren't cup tied by being an unused sub these days.

I can't see the Hibs tie being played before the end of February though with lower league sides at best looking at a March 2nd return apparently. Barring any setback Leighfield should be back by then. Cowie too for that matter I think though he's not solving the Scottish Cup issue either.

Ok. I had thought there might be the possibility of the cup games involving Premiership clubs being played on 20th February. If they are going to play all the cup games on the same weekend, I suppose the Premiership could just move some March games to that weekend.
Eta have to admit that I didn’t check how many Premiership teams were playing L1 or L2 teams.

Edited by Flash

8 minutes ago, Flash said:

Ok. I had thought there might be the possibility of the cup games involving Premiership clubs being played on 20th February. If they are going to play all the cup games on the same weekend, I suppose the Premiership could just move some March games to that weekend.
Eta have to admit that I didn’t check how many Premiership teams were playing L1 or L2 teams.

In theory our tie with Hibs could of course have been played on the originally intended date of this Saturday. The Morton v Dunfermline 2nd round tie, and Dundee v St Johnstone and Hamilton v St Mirren 3rd round ones could be too. They've chosen to suspend the entire competition for the time being rather than do so though so I doubt they'll bring it back piecemeal either.

I do wonder if the League 1 and 2 clubs come back at the start of March and the non leagues don't, if they will delay the whole thing further or potentially consider removing non-league sides from it to let it progress. Brora Rangers, Keith, Huntly, Buckie Thistle Formartine United, Nairn County, Fraserburgh are all still in it. That's a real problem as those clubs won't be testing so won't come back until a testing requirement is dropped. That's unlikely to happen in time for the competition to be played out this season.

They could just abandon the cup but it probably makes too much money for the SFA for that to be an option.

Good competition for East and Fitzpatrick. East gives us someone to aim for out wide but apart from that I haven't been convinced with him out there. Hopefully he ups his game with two wide players coming in.

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Good competition for East and Fitzpatrick. East gives us someone to aim for out wide but apart from that I haven't been convinced with him out there. Hopefully he ups his game with two wide players coming in.

Is that 6 wide players we have now .

Surprised we signed another thought we would have signed a centre midfielder still a bit weak in there for me .

Is that us for loans now allowed 6 plus emergency loan for a keeper .

47 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Is that 6 wide players we have now .

Surprised we signed another thought we would have signed a centre midfielder still a bit weak in there for me .

Is that us for loans now allowed 6 plus emergency loan for a keeper .

We're allowed six DOMESTIC loans. International ones are not subject to any quota currently.

The emergency keeper doesn't count against the loan quota either.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We're allowed six DOMESTIC loans. International ones are not subject to any quota currently.

The emergency keeper doesn't count against the loan quota either.

So how many domestic loans do we have left 2? Losing count Breen, Maxwell, Mebude, Robinson, is that 4 plus the 2 International loans of Jones & Fitzpatrick.