The Queen of the South thread

I genuinely don't know the answer to this: what is Goss' game all about?
We haven't watched him enough to really know that in all honesty but from the limited appearances he's had I'm confident he isn't a 'run in to channels', 'press from the front' type of player like Shields. I expect, given his height, he is more like a Derek Holmes type player of bringing the ball down and playing in other players. That's based purely on his height and his (with respect) lack of mobility.

But as I say, we haven't seen enough to really figure him out.

2 hours ago, queenslad said:

Have Queens not won an away game in February since 2014?

Its one of those stats that sounds far worse than it actually is.

2020 - we lost at Arbroath 2-0 & drew 2-2 at Morton.

2019 - we lost 1-0 at Morton and 3-0 at Falkirk (& also 4-1 at Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup)

2018 - we lost 2-0 at St Mirren

2017 - we didnt HAVE an away game in February

2016 - we lost 1-0 at St Mirren and 3-1 at Falkirk.

2015 - Drew 0-0 at Dumbarton

2014 - Lost 1-0 at Falkirk and beat Livingston 2-1

So its now 10 games, 3 of which were at Falkirk and two at St Mirren. Obviously those sides would be expected to beat us at home generally. Two of the other 5 were drawn. Last couple of seasons we've obviously been awful after January. Wasnt really specific to February! Or indeed away games. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

11 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its one of those stats that sounds far worse than it actually is.

2020 - we lost at Arbroath 2-0 & drew 2-2 at Morton.

2019 - we lost 1-0 at Morton and 3-0 at Falkirk (& also 4-1 at Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup)

2018 - we lost 2-0 at St Mirren

2017 - we didnt HAVE an away game in February

2016 - we lost 1-0 at St Mirren and 3-1 at Falkirk.

2015 - Drew 0-0 at Dumbarton

2014 - Lost 1-0 at Falkirk and beat Livingston 2-1

So its now 10 games, 3 of which were at Falkirk and two at St Mirren. Obviously those sides would be expected to beat us at home generally. Two of the other 5 were drawn. Last couple of seasons we've obviously been awful after January. Wasnt really specific to February! Or indeed away games. 

According to you this year we have had a good Jan. transfer window so no chance of being awful for the rest of this season !

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

According to you this year we have had a good Jan. transfer window so no chance of being awful for the rest of this season !

I think we did have a good January window but there are no guarantees. Nor did I at any point say we had no chance of being awful for the rest of the season. Feel free to find a quote where I did?

I think for us to have a realistic chance of staying up we need McKee and Dobbie to make an injury free return and for Shields to shake off his ankle injury asap.

If back to anything like decent form I would partner Dobbie up top with Shields and have a midfield four of Jones, McKee, Pybus/McCabe and Fitzpatrick. Mebude is a useful option up front as required.

We have ridden our luck over past two seasons - we have some good individual defenders but as a unit they have been found wanting and if this shambolic defending continues don’t think Shields and Co will be to score enough goals to save us no matter the formation.

If that is indeed true then we'll be relegated. We don't have anyone else to play his role but I expect AJ to persist with the system regardless.

I agree that we have nobody in our ranks that can replace Shields so if he is out as rumoured we desperately need a fit Dobbie partnering AN OTHER (most likely Mabude) up top. With Dobbie and Shields we have a chance of staying up - without either I fear it is, as another poster put it ..............a descent into League 1.

21 hours ago, Mr X said:

I'm sure the person who told you did so so that you could go running to a public forum

What is wrong with somebody telling us fans a update  on a injured player .

On the news it is a disaster for Queens Shields has  like Dobbie used to do win games on his own .

We will not be able to sign anyone as good going to be very difficult to stay up now 

Edited by Northfield 53