The Queen of the South thread

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No it's not.

You're actively saying that it's harder to assemble a decent cheap fulltime squad, than a  yet cheaper part-time one.

Your idea that our surroundings weren't relevant because we'd be looking to sign more expensive players than those being sought by other clubs in those surroundings, took nonsense to new and giddying heights.

Ohkaaaay then.

Not remotely what I said.

I find it frustrating those that are presuming we would have got relegated last season. Noone could really see the upturn in form this season, so who's to say we wouldn't have rallied together last season and got ourselves out of bother? Ive loved watching us this season! We have a great mix of pace, creativity and players who give their absolute maximum 100% effort. Its really seeming to make many fans including me really gel with this team, but in some ways it makes it more regretful that we can't be there to show our support. Last season to be fair was everything this season wasn't. It was stale from the get go and the players we signed were your more usual round the block type players. This team is young and fresh with a great mix. 

16 hours ago, Snafu said:

Two things to be deduced from this

a/ ICT are this seasons Partick Thistle?

b/ QOS despite being completely dogshit in the first part of the season go on a run up all the way up to 2nd place, completely confusing experts and opinion on the way.

I'm genuinely concerned for you Snafu ......... I'm told that cognitive therapy can produce wonderful results these days ....... perhaps a wee word with your GP might help? 🙄

7 hours ago, football maniac said:

No one could really see the upturn in form this season, so who's to say we wouldn't have rallied together last season and got ourselves out of bother? 

Very true ........ but then again Hearts and Thistle and Stranraer could say the same and its purely conjecture and of course we might not have rallied after all.  We'll never know.

As you say, its a shame we can't get to see this team first hand.  I'm loving the effort and commitment recently.

4 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Yeah another tough one today. Obviously would love a win or even a point but I just don't feel it's going to happen. I don't know much about Dundee in footballing terms just that they've got Charlie Adam through midfield, Jordan Marshall on the left and the big fella up front. So my pessimism isn't based on any football analysis. Just feel that a win here would be too good to be true - can't believe we've actually turned it around that much just yet. At some point the hard work will inevitably dip for a game or two and the opposition won't always be toothless up front, and that's what's got us points in the last couple matches against bigger sides. Suspect today will be that day.

Did Northfield put you up to writing this? I thought it was actually a post from him until I noticed the use of punctuation. 

7 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Did Northfield put you up to writing this? I thought it was actually a post from him until I noticed the use of punctuation. 

Why would I bother about punctuation on a football forum anyway more important very difficult game today if we can get  a draw it would be a great result a big ask players will be  tired after a midweek game and a long journey 

40 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Why would I bother about punctuation on a football forum anyway 

As a courtesy to your reader, enabling him or her to understand your meaning with ease.

Why wouldn't it be helpful on a football forum, given that it relies on people communicating with each other via reading and writing?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Why would I bother about punctuation on a football forum

28 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

As a courtesy to your reader, enabling him or her to understand your meaning with ease.

Why wouldn't it be helpful on a football forum, given that it relies on people communicating with each other via reading and writing?

This. Very much this

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:
1 hour ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Yeah another tough one today. Obviously would love a win or even a point but I just don't feel it's going to happen.... snip 

...Just feel that a win here would be too good to be true - can't believe we've actually turned it around that much just yet. 

Did Northfield put you up to writing this?

About a month ago if you looked at this run of fixtures... Hearts, ICT, Dundee and Dunfermline... you would have been happy with 4 points. The fact that 4 points have been claimed already gives reason for optimism, but also we shouldn't be too disappointed if it's a blank today.

Hopefully, whatever the outcome today, it's another decent performance so momentum and optimism can be maintained for next week. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well, yes, in a perfect world ...... but just maybe, just possibly, not every poster on P&B will have the same levels of grammatical skills?  It's a platform for everyone.  Just a wee thought.

PS - you're gonna see me drop a few clangers along the way, that's for sure!

18 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Well, yes, in a perfect world ...... but just maybe, just possibly, not every poster on P&B will have the same levels of grammatical skills?  It's a platform for everyone.  Just a wee thought.

This is a relatively new thing with this particular poster.

No one is expecting perfect grammar (see above :bag) but there is a certain basic level thats always been one of the unwritten rules on the forum.

A willing disregard to even making an attempt isnt ok.

22 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Agreed not everyone will know the correct grammar/punctuation to use but it can help avoid confusion or misunderstanding posts if there is a clue where sentences end. 

No one is expecting perfect grammar (see above default_bag.gif) but there is a certain basic level thats always been one of the unwritten rules on the forum.
A willing disregard to even making an attempt isnt* ok.

*Isn't

Get this shit sorted default_cool.png

25 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Of course that's the case.  Nobody is looking for perfection, because nobody provides it.

I was merely answering a question about why punctuation is at least worth attempting to use.

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No one is expecting perfect grammar (see above :bag) but there is a certain basic level thats always been one of the unwritten rules on the forum.

A willing disregard to even making an attempt isnt ok.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

*Isn't

Get this shit sorted default_cool.png

;) 

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Of course that's the case.  Nobody is looking for perfection, because nobody provides it.

I was merely answering a question about why punctuation is at least worth attempting to use.

I'm a bit bored waiting on the game to start ..... does it show?