The Queen of the South thread

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I don’t buy this not being a bad squad.

It looked like a good squad in the early part of the season.  Then AJ worked his "magic" on the squad and transformed players who looked half decent into pedestrian, slow of thought, clueless haddies who don't know what they are supposed to be doing.  Nditi is the perfect example of this - he's gone from looking solid to pish pretty quickly.  The only players who got passmarks from me tonight were Connelly, Brynn and Cochrane after he came on.  The rest just didn't look interested.  I'd be quite happy if Liddle is never seen again in a QOS shirt.

Changing almost the entire playing squad each season, whether its by accident or design, was always a risky strategy that was going to catch up with us eventually and it looks like it could be this season.
Ironically, the club look like they have tried to halt that trend by starting to give 2-year contracts to some players this year.
In some ways getting relegated & pressing the re-set button might be ok, at least we might get away from another dreary relegation struggle. Oh, and a new pitch for next season would make a season in league 1 seem more bearable.

It looked like a good squad in the early part of the season.  Then AJ worked his "magic" on the squad and transformed players who looked half decent into pedestrian, slow of thought, clueless haddies who don't know what they are supposed to be doing.  Nditi is the perfect example of this - he's gone from looking solid to pish pretty quickly.  The only players who got passmarks from me tonight were Connelly, Brynn and Cochrane after he came on.  The rest just didn't look interested.  I'd be quite happy if Liddle is never seen again in a QOS shirt.

I thought Cooper did fine 2nd half and we saw some benefit in playing an actual left back at LB.
The squad is lightweight, very easy to play against and we struggle with the basics defensively. Every throw in we had we seemed to have no options. When ICT had a throw in it was free and easy possession. Just an example but it’s really basic stuff at any level of football.

Todd must have pissed Johnston off something rotten not to get into that midfield. I'm not a massive fan of Cochrane and was hoping that Liddle would be a good alternative, unfortunately he's even worse, and McGrory played like a rabbit caught in headlights, standing about watching the game pass him by. First half especially that must be about the worst collective midfield perfomance I've ever witnessed. As for the pitch, yes it's rubbish but a lot of opposition teams don't seem to have too much trouble putting in good performances on it. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Todd must have pissed Johnston off something rotten not to get into that midfield. I'm not a massive fan of Cochrane and was hoping that Liddle would be a good alternative, unfortunately he's even worse, and McGrory played like a rabbit caught in headlights, standing about watching the game pass him by. First half especially that must be about the worst collective midfield perfomance I've ever witnessed. As for the pitch, yes it's rubbish but a lot of opposition teams don't seem to have too much trouble putting in good performances on it. 

Who played well Inthe first half in your opinion?

It's difficult to find anything different to say; I think all the fundamentals of why we're having such a poor season have been covered in the last couple of pages.

It's even more of struggle trying to find something positive to say. From a personal point of view, the only plus side was that at least the switch to a Friday night saved me a 500 mile round trip to watch that nonsense.