The Queen of the South thread

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wullie the manager said earlier in the season that Wullie the player is the fittest player in the squad. I don't know what reason Wullie the manager isn't picking Wullie the player but I'm fairly confident age isn't a factor.

Agree with this, and a greenie for calling him Wullie and not Willie. 

1 hour ago, Biblemaster said:

It's not to do with balancing playing and managing, it's pretty tough to play at 38 wether you're the manager or not. I know Willie has been great the last couple of seasons, but Dobbie scored 42 goals one season before age caught up with even him! I think Willie the manager has recognised that Willie the player is no longer the best option.

Maybe age did catch up with Dobbie a bit but playing him as a lone striker or in formations which didn't suit him didn't do him any favours either. 

22 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Still need a CM and a winger/attacker for me. Hopefully we can get on track saturday coming really could do with 3 points.

CM yes, as our current batch seem quite injury prone.

Ross Irving - remember him? - could fill in in a winger/attacking role unless he's done a Chima and disappeared off the face of the earth.

Edited by Slipmat

2 hours ago, Slipmat said:

CM yes, as our current batch seem quite injury prone.

Ross Irving - remember him? - could fill in in a winger/attacking role unless he's done a Chima and disappeared off the face of the earth.

No idea why we signed Ross Irving.

When money is tight surely every pound we have should go to trying to add  better quality to the squad not just signing someone for the sake of it.

We are 3 players short but really can't see WG adding to the squad before tomorrow night .

Loan signing does the window close at the end of September ?

35 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

When money is tight surely every pound we have should go to trying to add  better quality to the squad not just signing someone for the sake of it.

We are 3 players short but really can't see WG adding to the squad before tomorrow night .

Money isn’t tight. Away to bed Jack 

Edited by the_palmy_pie

11 hours ago, Greenacres said:

You're being a bit harsh writing the boy off before you've seen him play for us (other than in a handful of 10 minute cameos when he was 17/18 years old).

12 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Irving will be on a very low salary and money isn't tight, as has been widely discussed.

Aye am sure he signed him for a laugh or a dare, right enough. 

12 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Another Ill informed, negative post. You’re such a joy.

I think as a 3rd tier side we should be looking to bring through young players rather than always wanting to sign "leftovers" (which is all that is left at this stage of the transfer window). Irving is being written off for a few poor performances as a very young kid at a higher level. We should be clambering to get him, Muir, McMahon, Johnstone, Gibson (L) more game time rather than looking to sign some 28 year old that Partick Thistle or somebody don't want.

Looking back, I've been reporting on "The Manager" since 2001 and he's been Willie most of that time. Is he now Wullie (even my spell checker wants to change that to Willie!) or should I go with one of my other favourites, "Sir William of Gibson"?

Money isn’t tight. Away to bed Jack 

You're being a bit harsh writing the boy off before you've seen him play for us (other than in a handful of 10 minute cameos when he was 17/18 years old).

Irving will be on a very low salary and money isn't tight, as has been widely discussed.
Aye am sure he signed him for a laugh or a dare, right enough. 

Another Ill informed, negative post. You’re such a joy.

Feed the troll and he'll keep going. He's posted the same drivel for years. Stick him on ignore and he might eventually go away or at the very least post something original.

I think as a 3rd tier side we should be looking to bring through young players rather than always wanting to sign "leftovers" (which is all that is left at this stage of the transfer window). Irving is being written off for a few poor performances as a very young kid at a higher level. We should be clambering to get him, Muir, McMahon, Johnstone, Gibson (L) more game time rather than looking to sign some 28 year old that Partick Thistle or somebody don't want.

Last season we were criticised for having too many young players and not enough experience. I'm all for youth players getting game time but only if they're good enough. It's about getting the right balance which we've failed to get so far.

1 hour ago, Biblemaster said:
18 hours ago, Fae_the_ said:

Looking back, I've been reporting on "The Manager" since 2001 and he's been Willie most of that time. Is he now Wullie (even my spell checker wants to change that to Willie!) or should I go with one of my other favourites, "Sir William of Gibson"?

He's never been anything but "Wullie" as long as I've known him.

4 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

People crying out for a target man seem to have got it with the new signing, Ewan Bange. Nice to have another option. 

Sir Stephen still doing Queens favours, some guy. 

Hope he Bange's in a few goals. 

2 hours ago, Biblemaster said:
19 hours ago, Fae_the_ said:

Squad list on OS has him as Wullie, that's good enough source for me. 

11 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

People crying out for a target man seem to have got it with the new signing, Ewan Bange. Nice to have another option. 

Potentially a very good signing, he’s the big centre forward but one that can play a little and score goals. 
Needs game time so probably in everyone’s interests. I think we’ve been done a massive favour here and hope it works out. 

Going by his Twitter he'll be gutted he never joined last week...

Can't find much on him tbh. Had a decent spell at one club and nothing worth noting at the other two. No idea what his style is either but you imagine looking at him that he will be a hold up play type rather than a nippy player like Connelly.

Good to get another body in regardless.