The Queen of the South thread

Haven't felt this good since the semi-final of 2008 - happy, happy days. Thanks to everyone who has made this season what it is.

*edit - all the best to Thistle for the rest of the season.

Edited by BigRubberFist

Anyone else see kenny crichtons over the top celebration towards the queens fans when thistle scored?

I seem to recall him doing the same at Gretna. However, on both occasions we had the last laugh. Keep up the good work KC.

We have won five trophies in our history with four coming in the last eleven years . Derek Lyle has won four out of the five . Not bad going eh ?

Funnily enough I was just thinking the same myself.

Hadn't made the Lyle connection though.

Yep, the 21st century has been pretty good. The latter half of the 20th not so much

Someone earlier saying sign them up, realistically who can we keep ? I think Robinson,Mitchell,guff,Durnan,Higgins,Holt,Paton,Reilly, McKenna,Young and Burnsy won't take too much convincing. Willie will likely be kept on but think we will have a massive task trying to convince Nicky and Danny to stay. Lyle not sure what will happen and I have already heard Smith is off. Fitzpatrick looked better yesterday but silly challenge for the pen.

English:

Aberdeen, Rangers, Nordsjaelland, Rangers

Gaelic:

Dundee, St Johnstone, Ross County (x2), The Rangers, Partick Thistle.

So I make it 4-6. Have I missed any?

This to me is spot on and here is the dates for each match and result.

English

Aberdeen - 12/4/08 - Hampden Park - Scottish Cup Semi-Final - 4-3 Win

Rangers - 24/5/08 - Hampden Park - Scottish Cup Final - 3-2 Lost

Nordsjaelland - 26/8/08 - Farum Park - UEFA Cup Qualifying Round 2 2nd Leg - 2-1 Lost

Rangers - 23/9/09 - Palmerston Park - League Cup Round 3 - 2-1 Lost

Gaelic

St Johnstone - 19/4/09 - McDiarmid Park - League - 3-2 Win

Dundee - 23/3/10 - Dens Park - League - 1-1 Draw

Ross County - 20/4/10 - Palmerston Park - League - 1-0 Win

Ross County - 10/4/11 - McDiarmid Park - Challenge Cup Final - 2-0 Lost

The Rangers - 18/9/12 - Ibrox Stadium - Challenge Cup Quarter Final - 2-2 (4-3 pens) Win

Partick Thistle - 7/4/13 - Almondvale Stadium - Challenge Cup Final - 1-1 (6-5 pens) Win

So on tv Queens have won 5, Lost 4 and had 1 draw.

This to me is spot on and here is the dates for each match and result.

English

Aberdeen - 12/4/08 - Hampden Park - Scottish Cup Semi-Final - 4-3 Win

Rangers - 24/5/08 - Hampden Park - Scottish Cup Final - 3-2 Lost

Nordsjaelland - 26/8/08 - Farum Park - UEFA Cup Qualifying Round 2 2nd Leg - 2-1 Lost

Rangers - 23/9/09 - Palmerston Park - League Cup Round 3 - 2-1 Lost

Gaelic

St Johnstone - 19/4/09 - McDiarmid Park - League - 3-2 Win

Dundee - 23/3/10 - Dens Park - League - 1-1 Draw

Ross County - 20/4/10 - Palmerston Park - League - 1-0 Win

Ross County - 10/4/11 - McDiarmid Park - Challenge Cup Final - 2-0 Lost

The Rangers - 18/9/12 - Ibrox Stadium - Challenge Cup Quarter Final - 2-2 (4-3 pens) Win

Partick Thistle - 7/4/13 - Almondvale Stadium - Challenge Cup Final - 1-1 (6-5 pens) Win

So on tv Queens have won 5, Lost 4 and had 1 draw.

Brilliant record in Gaelic. 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat. Mon the Alba.

Guest TOPFITTER

Anyone else see kenny crichtons over the top celebration towards the queens fans when thistle scored?

NO, I was too busy first feeling nervously sick we had let the Cup slip from our grasp and then cheering my players on to more effort, if they could give it.

To be honest don't normally even give a thought to seeing what other team's touchline folk are doing as I am concentrating on what MY team are doing,,,,,,,,,,,,

NO, I was too busy first feeling nervously sick we had let the Cup slip from our grasp and then cheering my players on to more effort, if they could give it.To be honest don't normally even give a thought to seeing what other team's touchline folk are doing as I am concentrating on what MY team are doing,,,,,,,,,,,,
A don't really see what there touchline are like but it was right in front of me so couldn't miss it

I 've never quite understood the love affair, gone sour that is our relationship with Kenny Crichton. He was only the bloody physio.

He was more than that though. He was a character, and a very likeable one at that.

Anyone know (and I'm looking in SD's direction here) when the League and Cup Double Winners merchandise will be available from the Club Shop? I'd like a home shirt with "Div 2 League 2012/2013 and Challenge Cup 2013 "(or something similar) embroidered below the badge and maybe a t-shirt with "Champagne we only drink champagne" and Nicky Clark swigging from a Tennents can on it!

Judging by Twitter, training could be interesting today, appropriately it's a double session today as well

Gav Reilly was saying yesterday its a triple session. They were expecting to be off until Thursday, but I suppose that's why we're champions

I 've never quite understood the love affair, gone sour that is our relationship with Kenny Crichton. He was only the bloody physio.

He was well regarded at the club but as you say his work took him elsewhere. Amongst some of our support that is of course a cardinal sin. Now I don`t know this but I imagine he was getting endless abuse on Sunday, reacted when Thistle equalised when all looked lost for them and then some of our fans who had been dishing it out took offence at the reaction.

He was well regarded at the club but as you say his work took him elsewhere. Amongst some of our support that is of course a cardinal sin. Now I don`t know this but I imagine he was getting endless abuse on Sunday, reacted when Thistle equalised when all looked lost for them and then some of our fans who had been dishing it out took offence at the reaction.

He's said as much on Twitter, he was reacting to an individual in the crowd who'd been goading him all game.