The Queen of the South thread

Historically, was it not always the case that the stand was more expensive than the terracing?

I could be wrong, but I've a feeling that the idea of them costing the same is relatively recent. I'm also pretty sure that the steps used to be manned, in order to prevent people transferring. Ironically, this was when people were far more free to move around the rest of the ground.

I also think it is an excellent idea Flash, definitely worth suggesting to the club. I'm personally of the opinion that the stewards and police steal a wage from the club so it wouldn't do them any harm to have to do a bit of work for their wage.

Guest Flash

My idea to reduce the number of plods is that they should face the crowd. I appreciate that watching the game under Gus was a form of torture but, joking aside, if the plods insist on a certain number for crowd control then that is what they should be doing. This nonsense of them standing at the back of the stand, or anywhere on the terracing, watching the game is unacceptable. So my suggestion is, if one faces the match for any more than about 5 minutes in total, it is proof that they are not required, so we have one less next time round. If two do it, we have two less and so on.

This could be monitored by a director in conjunction with the "match commander" if necessary. If nothing else, it would give the latter something to do.

Sure I read somewhere that children under 12 were getting in free with a paying adult at the last home game v east fife. Good move, lets try get a bumper crowd to see the champions lift the league trophy.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

I always thought you had to pay more to sit down? I always stood on the terrace because I like to stand and I preferred the viewing angle from behind the goal. However I used to nip into the East stand to use the toilets though as the ones on the terrace were/are a friggin disgrace.

Mr X, I know you are usually sitting about twiddling your thumbs so are there any plans for a mobile version of the Official site in the pipeline?

No, afraid not.

Currently, the off-season plans are moving QosTV and the podcasts to new - hopefully, more mobile friendly (ie no flash) - hosts, a new match report page and some stuff around the sponsors

No, afraid not.

Currently, the off-season plans are moving QosTV and the podcasts to new - hopefully, more mobile friendly (ie no flash) - hosts, a new match report page and some stuff around the sponsors

:thumbsdown .............. ;)

Hi folks. I have a signed shirt for auction in memory of my son LCpl Joe pool. Home top signed by the squad,the auction is for to raise funds for Southwest Scotland rnr. (Injured soldiers)there is a reserve price of £55 as that was the cost price of the shirt. Anyone interested in bidding for the shirt then send your bid to roderickpool006@btinternet.com bidding closes on 21st april. Thankyou. Rod.

just want to put this back to the top lads.

Great to be able to watch the match highlights on the ipad if that will be feasible

Thats the plan, anyway. Need to do some more testing before I can say for sure

I had a look about yesterday and there are a few mobile site creator tools, so a mobile version of the site might be do-able after all

Four players have their contracts extended.

http://www.qosfc.com/new_newsview.aspx?newsid=1777

Excellent news. Mark Durnan, Chris Mitchell, Stephen McKenna and Gavin Reilly. All players I`m delighted to see stay on. Not hugely surprised that Willie Gibson has moved on, great talent but has tended to underachieve with us.