The Queen of the South thread

Just now, QoS99 said:

Granted I don’t get too as many games because I live in Glasgow, but McKenna gets an awful amount of stick in comparison to what the McKay’s seem to get. I have sympathy for McKenna because he’s playing out of position and think he’s semi-competent as a centre half, the same can’t be said for the other two…

Right enough, you could probably swap McKenna's name with Dave McKay's in my original post (which I've had to edit due to a brainfart).  As far as McKenna goes I can only assume he gets as much gametime because he has a decent cross in him.  Thing is, he's just not up to the job of playing behind Gibson or McKechnie who aren't exactly defensively minded. 

To be honest I'd be happy if they both left (McKenna & Dave McKay).  I'm not sure what's happened to Paul McKay this season though, he looked steady enough last season but on the occasions I've seen him this season he's either been on the verge of, or has done something stupid like Saturday's assault on Shanks in most matches.  The length of his contract means we'll probably have in the books for a while yet.

1 minute ago, Slipmat said:

Right enough, you could probably swap McKenna's name with Dave McKay's in my original post (which I've had to edit due to a brainfart).  As far as McKenna goes I can only assume he gets as much gametime because he has a decent cross in him.  Thing is, he's just not up to the job of playing behind Gibson or McKechnie who aren't exactly defensively minded. 

To be honest I'd be happy if they both left (McKenna & Dave McKay).  I'm not sure what's happened to Paul McKay this season though, he looked steady enough last season but on the occasions I've seen him this season he's either been on the verge of, or has done something stupid like Saturday's assault on Shanks in most matches.  The length of his contract means we'll probably have in the books for a while yet.

I think the dislike for McKenna comes from the fact he played in WG’s position when he clearly shouldn’t have been.

I said at the start of the season that not having an aggressive centre half was going to hurt us, which is why I wanted us to get a defender like Broadfoot or Muirhead (think we tried for both), but not getting a defender like that and the fact we had an inept goalkeeper has killed us most games this season.

For next season, I’d only be offering East a new deal (and Dabrowski, but he’ll surely get better offers) and letting the rest of the defence leave at the end of the year. As you say though, moving on Paul McKay might be a struggle.

8 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Him and Josh Rae are by some distance the best keepers in the league for me. 

Josh Rae has only played 6 games or so, this season due to shoulder surgery,    what are his best qualities and faults,,,,   in the games played he has had hardly a save to make...

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Show me those posts. It'll kill two birds with one stone: show you're talking shite and take up your time keeping you away from posting your nonsense on here. 

Every match day thread in the last 5 weeks except Marvs first game in charge you’ve publicly announced you’ve wanted us to lose. Surprised you even waste your time on here tbf, aren’t you a millionaire yet with all the bets you’ve put on against Queens? Strange guy. 

Just now, Dudleyghu said:

Every match day thread in the last 5 weeks except Marvs first game in charge you’ve publicly announced you’ve wanted us to lose. Surprised you even waste your time on here tbf, aren’t you a millionaire yet with all the bets you’ve put on against Queens? Strange guy. 

Still waiting for you to show me them. 

7 hours ago, Passionate said:

Josh Rae has only played 6 games or so, this season due to shoulder surgery,    what are his best qualities and faults,,,,   in the games played he has had hardly a save to make...

Very good shot stopper, came for crosses. If I remember right the only thing I thought he could improve on was his kicking. Was gutted when we didn’t resign him last summer.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Still waiting for you to show me them. 

I don’t have the time for such nonsense.
Everyone knows what I’m talking about anyway, you said it on at least 3 match day threads. Maybe supporting Queens isn’t for you, you come across as someone who’d support either of the 2 ugly sisters from the comfort of your armchair. 

23 minutes ago, Dudleyghu said:

Everyone knows what I’m talking about anyway, you said it on at least 3 match day threads. Maybe supporting Queens isn’t for you, you come across as someone who’d support either of the 2 ugly sisters from the comfort of your armchair. 

plenty of time of dream up the nonsense you’ve been spouting though!

1 hour ago, Dougie Mills said:

plenty of time of dream up the nonsense you’ve been spouting though!

Show me those posts. It'll kill two birds with one stone: show you're talking shite and take up your time keeping you away from posting your nonsense on here. 

29 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Guess Ewans phone is switched off.. 😂✍️

All fully charged but not needed yet.

Maybe now the window has closed clubs will release players on loan surprised we have not done any business in or out  after Bartleys comments on Saturday .

2 hours ago, Dudleyghu said:

Down to 3 from 5 match day threads. 

55 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

No permanent deals before the window closed but I'd like to think we might get a loan announcement prior to Saturday's game, so maybe an announcement late Friday ...?

I think I'm more disappointed we've been unable to unload some of our dross...