The Queen of the South thread

45 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's not bad. Hopefully Connelly can find some of his previous form and kick on next season. 

Looks like Marv has had a heart to heart with him. We all know how good he can be when he’s on his game. 

27 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

https://twitter.com/OfficialQosFC/status/1669016772408909824?s=20

Yellow and blue away kit. As it should be. 

IMG_2020.thumb.jpeg.9830fe19139ed3a736aa0126dc8e2583.jpeg

Still the best shirt Queens have ever had.  

The Fila away tops were similar. Hopefully we have similar luck this season as we did with those tops... 

10 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Looks like Marv has had a heart to heart with him. We all know how good he can be when he’s on his game. 

Aye that's was an interesting read. If Connelly gets his head down he can be a cracking player. 

When you signed Connelly last year I thought he'd be one of the best players in the division, he didn't hit it off last season but he's absolutely got it in him. 

You're other two recent signings? Eh... 

15 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

That away shirt is absolutely rotten.

It’s an odd one for sure. 

6 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Yeah I’m not loving that away shirt! 🤮

Me neither, but at least it’s not red. I don’t like the  home one as much as this past year’s but with white shorts it will look ok.

2 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Happy with Connelly signing on again. McClelland is as interesting as Docherty. Slated by other teams. The fact he was sent back early from loan at Cove when they were so poor worries me. We are going into the season again with a younger squad but a lot of players we have re-signed have another years experience at this level. 

Paul McKay and Josh Todd are only really experienced players.

But willing to give him the time to get his players to settle in together. 

I seen him a couple of times and thought big McClelland looked really good and promising. Him and big Sanders were a great pairing for Cove. I think I wouldn’t judge him too much and would just instead put it down to Hartley being a fud. 

5 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

Did they really get it in the ear though? Any comments about them are kept to on here or social media. A few boos here and there at games is about as tough as it gets for them. There’s no link between the fans and the board especially since they’ve not replaced the SLO. “The recruitment of a new SLO will begin shortly” was what they said in their update... 18 months ago. They do well to keep a divide between the board and fans and I don’t believe for one minute it’s because there wasn’t adequate applications for the SLO roll after the last SLO members stepped down. 

http://www.qosfc.com/slo

Keith Thom has been doubling up as the SLO and DAO on an interim basis for months. Albeit ideally we'd get a dedicated new SLO to let Keith focus on his main area. Several prominent supporters were approached with respect to the SLO role but preferred not to commit the time to it. I'm sure the club would still be very pleased to hear from anyone who feels they could carry out the role. Anyone with an interest should contact Dan Armstrong in the first instance.

Another 4/5 signings then squad be about complete. Looks like Marv is targeting younger players again, we could really do with 2/3 proven players but he obviously has faith in his ability to kick these players on. Not writing any of the players off, full time training could be making of Doherty, he’s one I fancied when he left Albion rovers clearly hasn’t worked out since but hopefully we can kick him on again. McLelland played for hibs reserves down at Palmerston and he absolutely strolled, looked miles ahead but I guess it was easy to against lesser opposition. 

1 hour ago, qos_75 said:

After looking at the away shirt I have the sudden urge for a custard cream. 

All hail the custard cream shirt!

IMG_1718.jpeg

I'm finding the custard cream top strangely alluring.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not sure about the away one. It might grow on me. Really like the home one though. 

FymQa9vXoAA0mkG.jpeg

It might end up like the 'tea towel' one from a couple of years back, it was widely slated when unveiled but it was surprising the number of people who actually bought it. I'm of the age (and build) now when, luckily, wearing replica shirts is something to be avoided.