The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye this. The sign doesn't really bother me tbh. But if the club are paying someone to do it* and they aren't doing what they're paid to do then they should get shot of them. 

I'm sure someone would gladly volunteer to do it. @Monkey Tennis?...

* I don't know if they're paid. I'm just assuming you know :lol:

I know this is a mildly amusing storm in a teacup, really, but MT does have a point.  That sign is actually much worse than no sign at all and it puts the club in a bad light.

2 hours ago, oldhat said:

I know this is a mildly amusing storm in a teacup, really, but MT does have a point.  That sign is actually much worse than no sign at all and it puts the club in a bad light.

I think a tastefuly drawn, two dimensional cock and balls would hasten change if it adorned the sign.  If not, it would at least bring a new element to consider to the conversation.

A crude, school boy level drawing with little thought, or profound commentary about social decay in a provincial. town?  You decide - what was the artist’s purpose? 

Either that, or somebody could just pin up the next fixture. 

Edited by qos_75

57 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Well, it's the night before the league campaign kicks off and we go into the season with some major concerns:

Just who is the graphics maestro who designs the rather minimalist works of art which are "mounted" (ie hastily pasted onto) the infamous sign - or not?  Do we pay them or don't we?  Has Greenacres been consulted about possible budget implications if we do?

What motivates Monkey Tennis to cut his grass if there is no financial reward?

It's going to be one hell of a rollercoaster ride this season.  I can just sense it from the collective build up of excitement that has been brewing on this thread over the past week.

I dont know, but Im going to guess his motivation is Mrs Monkey Tennis.

More importantly, was Greenacres consulted on the grass cutting? With a name like that maybe MT can get him in to cut the grass next time?

Now all we need is a poster called Signwriter

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

Well, it's the night before the league campaign kicks off and we go into the season with some major concerns:

Just who is the graphics maestro who designs the rather minimalist works of art which are "mounted" (ie hastily pasted onto) the infamous sign - or not?  Do we pay them or don't we?  Has Greenacres been consulted about possible budget implications if we do?

What motivates Monkey Tennis to cut his grass if there is no financial reward?

It's going to be one hell of a rollercoaster ride this season.  I can just sense it from the collective build up of excitement that has been brewing on this thread over the past week.

Yes it's all very unsettling. It's only the memory of the high quality football delivered in recent seasons that is keeping me on an even keel this evening.

1 hour ago, Homer Thompson said:

I dont know, but Im going to guess his motivation is Mrs Monkey Tennis.

More importantly, was Greenacres consulted on the grass cutting? With a name like that maybe MT can get him in to cut the grass next time?

Now all we need is a poster called signwriter

Greenacres likes height, so I would imagine his grass looks like a Japanese soldier from WW2 is still in there not knowing the war is over.

Also if the third party are paid to keep the sign up to date, they're in breach of contract. I assume it isn't a paid gig though. 

19 hours ago, lyle be back said:

Greenacres likes height, so I would imagine his grass looks like a Japanese soldier from WW2 is still in there not knowing the war is over.

Also if the third party are paid to keep the sign up to date, they're in breach of contract. I assume it isn't a paid gig though. 

Can you see why I like height Alloa had it we didn't men v boys .

We need more aggression and experience right through the team.

Why did Marv drop Armbrose big mistake ?

Why did we change from 3-5 -2 that worked so well last week ?

Building from the back is great for a team like Manchester City but for us we just don't never will have the players that can do it under pressure .

We are our own worse enemy playing crazy passing across our defence .

I wish all I had to moan about was a sign that I could not care if it ever gets updated .

Marvin has it all to do any more performances like against Alloa then things will have to change very quickly .

26 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

It's a depressing reality that my overwhelming reaction to our loss today is one of resignation. My expectation level has been worn down by recent seasons.

Yep, another season of mediocrity is the best we can hope for without some top signings.

I've got my rose coloured glasses on tonight

• sitting 6th in the league
  • won the second half
  • positive changes at half time with Ambrose coming on
  • didn't concede in second half
  • 3 goals from our main two strikers
  • after first match last season sitting on -3 goal difference this season -1
  • still top team in Dumfriesshire
  • Edinburgh City next week

🤩

A new first for me yesterday at Palmerston. I arrived at 2.50 and as I was approaching the turnstile nearest the Players Entrance I fumbled for my mobile phone to present my Q code. I had no jacket, no baggage. Just as I was about to present my credentials the solitary security steward asked me to disclose what was in my trouser pockets? 

Taken aback I asked the obvious question politely - what business was it of his or anybody else for that matter? He indicated that “ he needs to be seen to check supporters before they enter the stadium”. He pointed out that directly above that turnstile is a security camera which beams back footage to his “supervisor” who will periodically check that the stewards are being diligent and ensuring that supporters are not carrying dangerous objects into the ground. Unfortunately , he couldn’t let me in without this check!!!!

At this point I presented my reading glasses from my left hand pocket and he said that it was now ok for me to enter the ground. I asked if he needed to retain the glasses till after the match but he said it wasn’t necessary.What a relief!!!!!

You honestly couldn’t make it up!!!

6 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

A new first for me yesterday at Palmerston. I arrived at 2.50 and as I was approaching the turnstile nearest the Players Entrance I fumbled for my mobile phone to present my Q code. I had no jacket, no baggage. Just as I was about to present my credentials the solitary security steward asked me to disclose what was in my trouser pockets? 

Taken aback I asked the obvious question politely - what business was it of his or anybody else for that matter? He indicated that “ he needs to be seen to check supporters before they enter the stadium”. He pointed out that directly above that turnstile is a security camera which beams back footage to his “supervisor” who will periodically check that the stewards are being diligent and ensuring that supporters are not carrying dangerous objects into the ground. Unfortunately , he couldn’t let me in without this check!!!!

At this point I presented my reading glasses from my left hand pocket and he said that it was now ok for me to enter the ground. I asked if he needed to retain the glasses till after the match but he said it wasn’t necessary.What a relief!!!!!

Don't honestly see anything untoward in the Stewards actions there tbh, unless you go out of your way to be easily offended. I entered via the Portland Drive turnstile and was also asked what was in my jacket pockets, my glasses and phone. Didn't bother me at all him asking. Seems Stewards are damned if they do and damned if they don't when doing their job. 

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Don't honestly see anything untoward in the Stewards actions there tbh, unless you go out of your way to be easily offended. I entered via the Portland Drive turnstile and was also asked what was in my jacket pockets, my glasses and phone. Didn't bother me at all him asking. Seems Stewards are damned if they do and damned if they don't when doing their job. 

You’re 100 % correct FFS the guys can’t win

25 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

11 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

They were doing extra checks at the New Stand as well. They never asked me but I don't really have an issue with it. 

What I do find comical though is that they're doing these kind of security checks and yet for the first half yesterday they were happy to let some Alloa neds continually go back and forward between the home and away section trying to gode the home section into some kind of reaction. We know it's the family section but it only takes a couple of folk to react and then there's serious trouble. I know at least one of them was eventually thrown out. And fair play to an Alloa fan who was basically telling the boys to sit down and behave. 

Never understand that kind of behaviour tbh. Exactly the type of morons who give football fans (and clubs) a bad name. 

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

They were doing extra checks at the New Stand as well. They never asked me but I don't really have an issue with it. 

What I do find comical though is that they're doing these kind of security checks and yet for the first half yesterday they were happy to let some Alloa neds continually go back and forward between the home and away section trying to gode the home section into some kind of reaction. We know it's the family section but it only takes a couple of folk to react and then there's serious trouble. I know at least one of them was eventually thrown out. And fair play to an Alloa fan who was basically telling the boys to sit down and behave. 

Never understand that kind of behaviour tbh. Exactly the type of morons who give football fans (and clubs) a bad name. 

Saw that from the Oakbank, took a bit of time before Stewards actually decided to put staff up next to them rather than just standing down at the front. (more entertaining watching the Alloa neds than the game at the time)