The Queen of the South thread

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/3-spfl-clubs-eyed-dual-31301139

Apologies for the Record link, but it seems it may be a goer re. Fulham or someone else.

The Price of Football guy was discussing a few months back why this kind of thing would make sense for English clubs post-Brexit, but I didn't follow the ins and outs of the details.

Heard a rumour about Hibs and Man City from a few people too.

1 minute ago, MazzyStar said:

Do we get a Michael Jackson statue too? 

Think that's been removed for a while so might be spare. Some might say the last thing we need (apart from anything Michael Jackson connected) is any more statues at Palmerston, we've got a few on the pitch. 

35 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/3-spfl-clubs-eyed-dual-31301139

Apologies for the Record link, but it seems it may be a goer re. Fulham or someone else.

The Price of Football guy was discussing a few months back why this kind of thing would make sense for English clubs post-Brexit, but I didn't follow the ins and outs of the details.

And I for one welcome our Fulham overlords. 

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

You can really see the attraction for a club like Fulham, to be able to access all that talent in our current squad.

It's a no-brainer. Said for years the one thing EPL sides have missed out on is scooping up our talented stars. The heights Fulham could reach! 

2 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Do we get a Michael Jackson statue too? 

Well, tbf ... Mike Jackson did OK as manager at Palmy, think he took us to quarter finals in both the L Cup and the Big Cup against the Govanites! 😎

Edited by Otis Blue

2 hours ago, DoingThe42 said:

Aye, it reared its head on the BBC website "Gossip" article this morning too ...

The Scottish FA is prepared to relax current rules on dual ownership, with three credible approaches from English clubs keen to add an SPFL team to their stable - and with more expected. (Daily Mail, print edition)

... so, a decent cue for endless speculation, aye?

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You can really see the attraction for a club like Fulham, to be able to access all that talent in our current squad.

Nice one MT.

Joking aside, I guess the idea would be for the English sides to try out potential talent from various sources in a reasonably low risk but reasonably competitive environment (obviously not SPL L1 level mind) and then promote any budding talent to the main club as and when such development might happen.

The attraction for the chosen SPL clubs ...  being given the chance to field a level of talent that they couldn't normally afford.

Plus the SPL route is probably easier for the English clubs to administer given the post Brexit situation than doing similar with European clubs.

So might be something in this, but doubtful with Queens.

2 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

I’ve stuck with Bartley long enough but enough is enough, he has to go .

I couldn’t make it today. Were we terrible? Got to say this isn’t a good record. If we don’t go on a run by end November something has to change. Our home record must be the worst in Britain. It’s not fun losing almost every week in a crappy league. Even my patience with Marv is getting stretched. 

Just now, ALOREBURNE said:

Coming round to this opinion myself. Bad enough that the players can't do the basics like find a teammate with a pass but it looks like a lot of them don't know or aren't comfortable with what their role is.  The amount of room allowed to the opponents wide men in almost every game is a joke. The number of times there is two or even three Queens players round an opponent who still manages to win the ball is also a joke, but not in an amusing way. Too soft, too predictable and too slow in build up. Panic substitutions when we go behind. I hoped Marv was the man but results and performances can't go on like this. 

4 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

he’s got to go now.

It's surely now only the cost of a compensation pay-out that's keeping him in a job.   The board must be praying that he goes to Tesco and loses the head with a sales assistant.

Edited by Slipmat

I think it is time to wind the club up. The board don’t care and clearly the players don’t either. 

Get the ground sold for some social housing and at let something good come from it all.

If not, all we have to look forward to under this board is mid table South of Scotland league in a couple of years time. 

It's not my usual disposition, but I think we need to stick with him for a bit.  

God knows, it's not based on signs of progress, but I just feel that we can't go changing again.  I think Bartley has not adjusted in his head to the limitations of the players at this level (certainly not to the ones he's introduced us to).  

He needs a January to try to alter the personnel a bit.  So long as we're not in real danger of going down as we enter the spring (admittedly a real possibility) then we'll probably leave him in post. 

Like most, I really wanted Bartley to succeed.  He seemed like the right sort of appointment, but right now, it's hard to argue that he has been.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

16 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

We have to change if not Bartley will take us into League 2 .

It is the same story every week we get what we deserve nothing.

It will cost us to get rid but I am sick of watching that crap football 

Just now, qos_75 said:

Why are we not protesting against this board? They are on par with Harkness and his mismanagement 

Folk are but it's a silent protest unfortunately. They're doing their talking by walking.