The Queen of the South thread

This is now serious, our next game (league) is away to Accies (ie nil points) and Edinburgh City are resurgent and clearly haven't read their script - this is now a relegation battle and the January recruitment opportunity will determine if we stay up or not as the present squad just don't have what it takes.

Experience is now essential. I thought before that Neil McCann would be decent but he'll see us as a poisoned chalice now and won't touch us.  McIntyre might be worth a shout but I'd not be surprised to see Billy Dodds (like him or not) approached by the board.  Where we are now, beggars can't be choosers.  It's looking grim.

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

This is now serious, our next game (league) is away to Accies (ie nil points) and Edinburgh City are resurgent and clearly haven't read their script - this is now a relegation battle and the January recruitment opportunity will determine if we stay up or not as the present squad just don't have what it takes.

Experience is now essential. I thought before that Neil McCann would be decent but he'll see us as a poisoned chalice now and won't touch us.  McIntyre might be worth a shout but I'd not be surprised to see Billy Dodds (like him or not) approached by the board.  Where we are now, beggars can't be choosers.  It's looking grim.

Once Hewitson has got over the shock of having to pay Bartley off, I can't see him being willing to offer wages that any of your suggested names would command.

1 minute ago, Slipmat said:

Once Hewitson has got over the shock of having to pay Bartley off, I can't see him being willing to offer wages that any of your suggested names would command.

Does he have a choice?  We've got ourselves a first class ticket to L2 at the moment and if he wants to avoid it then he's going to have to spend some dough.  At least Dodds is available and kicking his heels just now.  If he doesn't bite the bullet then ...

Time's up. Been very patient with Bartley given he's had rotten luck with injuries (though was told the other day they knock lumps out of each other at training as it's encouraged - shame it doesn't transfer onto the pitch) and the fact our players continually gift the opposition goals. But the buck stops with him. He's assembled this rabble and for whatever reason can't get them looking even mediocre. Is there a single player in that side who is thriving? All rage aside, there are some semi-competent players in that squad and yet not one of them is playing well consistently. That comes down to Bartley's system, a system that isn't working. If it aint working you change it to a system that suits your players' ability. He keeps trying to play a system that none of the players can't play though and for that reason alone he has to go. 

Really wanted it to work out with Bartley and thought he was the guy to get us out of here but he's only going to do it one way and that's down. 

Please take Murray with you and yer pal Efe 'Bombscare' Ambrose. 

10 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Does he have a choice?  We've got ourselves a first class ticket to L2 at the moment and if he wants to avoid it then he's going to have to spend some dough.  At least Dodds is available and kicking his heels just now.  If he doesn't bite the bullet then ...

We can't not sack Bartley .

It will cost us but going into League 2 would be a disaster .

2 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

We can't not sack Bartley .

It will cost us but going into League 2 would be a disaster .

I spent the afternoon trying to talk her out of it but she is dead set on applying. Given our recent managers I think she has a good chance of getting the gig. 

image.thumb.png.5e21752e97a777d84b0b31e4d743c11b.png

image.png

image.png

2 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

I spent the afternoon trying to talk her out of it but she is dead set on applying. Given our recent managers I think she has a good chance of getting the gig. 

image.thumb.png.5e21752e97a777d84b0b31e4d743c11b.png

Robbie Savage is the last person we need at this club.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Time's up. Been very patient with Bartley given he's had rotten luck with injuries (though was told the other day they knock lumps out of each other at training as it's encouraged - shame it doesn't transfer onto the pitch) and the fact our players continually gift the opposition goals. But the buck stops with him. He's assembled this rabble and for whatever reason can't get them looking even mediocre. Is there a single player in that side who is thriving? All rage aside, there are some semi-competent players in that squad and yet not one of them is playing well consistently. That comes down to Bartley's system, a system that isn't working. If it aint working you change it to a system that suits your players' ability. He keeps trying to play a system that none of the players can't play though and for that reason alone he has to go. 

Really wanted it to work out with Bartley and thought he was the guy to get us out of here but he's only going to do it one way and that's down. 

Please take Murray with you and yer pal Efe 'Bombscare' Ambrose. 

Are they knocking lumps out of each other because they don't get on as a group? Is that part of the problem?

5 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Are they knocking lumps out of each other because they don't get on as a group? Is that part of the problem?

I've no idea. I was just told it's heavy in training and that kind of thing is encouraged by Murray. As I say, if it transferred onto the pitch I'm all for it but it clearly doesn't. 

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've no idea. I was just told it's heavy in training and that kind of thing is encouraged by Murray. As I say, if it transferred onto the pitch I'm all for it but it clearly doesn't. 

Ah the wisdom of Grant ( the ghost aka Bertie) Murray. After his disastrous spell at Raith how did he manage to pitch up here to work his evil spell 

8 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Anyway, how about Scott Brown? Perhaps he could get his boots back on too. 

Aye, forgot about him - but he's also relatively inexperienced and don't think he's done anything south of the border to write home about.

Dare I suggest another possibility ... a certain Mr Stephen Dobbie?  I actually hope not as I'd hate to see him tarnish his legendary status at the club and he's got little experience at management (bar a short stand in at Blackpool).  Something tells me this might happen though ... out of the frying pan and into the fire as they say ...