The Queen of the South thread

23 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

What a p***k of a guy. Honestly, what is he hoping to achieve by posting this? Certainly won’t help the situation with his son.

IMG_8548.png

That's actually extreme cringe from Wullie there. Just because MBs record is awful doesn't mean WGs wasn't  anything other than rank as well. 

Edited by 19QOS19

21 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

What a p***k of a guy. Honestly, what is he hoping to achieve by posting this? Certainly won’t help the situation with his son.

IMG_8548.png

His son unfortunately fell down the stairs during the week due to him thinking the manager doesn’t know what he’s doing and would rather sit at home than sit on his hole on the bench 

5 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Willie...sorry, I mean rocket man, surely you can see that posts terrible? 

I’m the next manager. Odds on favourite with the bookies. Champions league is the 3 year plan. Taking the club to a whole new level. Was selling pies at the games last year and worked my way up 

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's actually extreme cringe from Wullie there. Just because MBs record is awful doesn't mean WGs wasn't  anything other than rank as well. 

It's not the burn he thinks it is.

Yes Marvin hasn't worked out but the excitement of the "Marvolution" was in no small part due to how bleak it was under Gibson at the end of his time at the club.

1 minute ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

It's not the burn he thinks it is.

Yes Marvin hasn't worked out but the excitement of the "Marvolution" was in no small part due to how bleak it was under Gibson at the end of his time at the club.

Gibson wouldn't know a burn if someone blowtorched his brass neck. 

It's all a bit pathetic in all honesty. 

47 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wow. That's some reach to be offended. If you regard 30/40 year olds as "old and infirm" then you batter on but that's not old IMO. It's pathetic that youngsters are being moved on because they're trying to generate a bit of noise at a FOOTBALL MATCH. If you think that isn't quite pathetic then I don't think a football ground is a place for you. 

Wow.  Not an unexpected response.   I am not offended in the least.

You haven't read carefully, let me clarify.

You referred to a particular area of the ground as "pathetic"  because they do not get out of their seats in response to on field events.

I commented that some people MAY have a health condition as a contributory factor and cited my own situation as an example.  There could be numerous  other reasons but it really doesn't matter - people have the choice whether they get up or not , whether you like it or not !

As stated, I am all for a bit of singing and atmosphere and encouraging youngsters  and strongly believe the Terracing is the optimum location for that.

If I was going to take offence at anything it would more likely be your last line.  It seems you are trying to tell a supporter of 55 years to get lost - shocking !

Can't believe he thinks he's being smart by having a public pop at a man of different ethnicity to himself a mere two days after having appeared in court on a racism charge.

He may not mean it that way, but it doesn't paint a good picture.

Edited by Slipmat

Just now, Distant Doonhamer said:

It's been thoroughly depressing few years to be a QOS fan. I get that Gibson's ill conceived social media outburst tonight is completely unconnected to the club but it nonetheless somehow adds to the feeling that we are a basket case of a club.

Dismal times. 

My thoughts too. It's all just bonkers.

3 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Just watched Bartley post match.   Very reminiscent of Steven Mclean's last one at St. Johnstone.  No way back after that.

Aye, he sounds a beaten man. Fair play to him though for facing the camera after that. Something needs to happen though.

3 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Can't believe he thinks he's being smart by having a public pop at a man of different ethnicity to himself a mere two days after having appeared in court on a racism charge.

He may not mean it that way, but it doesn't paint a good picture.

That's some leap reading anything racist into Gibson's tweet. Gibson shouldn't have put that statement out there, very naive from a fellow professional and lacking class but to infer it's racially motivated is plain daft imo. 

13 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Wow.  Not an unexpected response.   I am not offended in the least.

You haven't read carefully, let me clarify.

You referred to a particular area of the ground as "pathetic"  because they do not get out of their seats in response to on field events.

I commented that some people MAY have a health condition as a contributory factor and cited my own situation as an example.  There could be numerous  other reasons but it really doesn't matter - people have the choice whether they get up or not , whether you like it or not !

As stated, I am all for a bit of singing and atmosphere and encouraging youngsters  and strongly believe the Terracing is the optimum location for that.

If I was going to take offence at anything it would more likely be your last line.  It seems you are trying to tell a supporter of 55 years to get lost - shocking !

TL;DR - You've insinuated I've had a pop at a group of people which I haven't. If you must pick an argument with me at least argue with something I've actually said. 

Some interview from Bartley. Quite telling as well. I expect he'll get slated for it but he hasn't said anything untrue unfortunately. It's absolutely amateur from our players if they're not doing what's instructed off the pitch and it's the usual shite mistakes on it. As bad as things are and I'm not defending Bartley - does anyone on here truly believe these mistakes will disappear if we bring someone else in? 

1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

what an absolutely brutal interview. Very much the interview of a man on his way out, but some huge character assassinations on the go in there. 

I can appreciate his frustration tbf. Imagine working on a plan all week that's clearly working for 44 minutes only for your most experienced player to completely f**k things up for you. It definitely sounds like a broken man but I do empathise. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

I can appreciate his frustration tbf. Imagine working on a plan all week that's clearly working for 44 minutes only for your most experienced player to completely f**k things up for you. It definitely sounds like a broken man but I do empathise. 

I absolutely get it as well, the guy clearly cares, and is being let down by the players. He brought them in, though. They’re his responsibility. 

I feel for him having watched the interview. He is very professional and commited and can't understand why some of the players are not of the same mindset as him. I suppose that is partly the key in any form of management of people... knowing what motivates people on an individual basis and using that to get the best out of them. Theory of mind.