The Queen of the South thread

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Josh Mcpake....

Really liking the recruitment so far today. Hope Mcpake is added as well…

Edited by QoS99

Reece Lyon is a excellent signing was definitely a huge standout in L1 last season and I thought he was more than good enough to get a championship club I would have definitely of taken him at Accies. I believe he was at Annan when they got promoted so Murphy knows him a really impressive signing.

49 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Reece Lyon is a excellent signing was definitely a huge standout in L1 last season and I thought he was more than good enough to get a championship club I would have definitely of taken him at Accies. I believe he was at Annan when they got promoted so Murphy knows him a really impressive signing.

He certainly stood out at Galabank. Had an excellent time with us. 

It's good when you can take your rivals better players.

Steady signings today from Murphy,  players he's either worked with in the past or will know plenty about.

Some more tomorrow hopefully. 

Not a bad day's work from Peter Murphy and the club, I like what i see.  No real surprises in there though as Douglas, Lyon and Benji (if the rumours are true) have all played for Murphy before.  This isn't unexpected as it tends to be what many managers new to a business (any business, not just fitba) do in their early period with a new employer - ie in building their team they poach staff who they know and who have impressed them in a previous life and who they feel they can trust.  I'm not knocking it either, it's low risk, it's natural and it's often how these things work.

Will be interesting to see who he now recruits outside of his own previous direct experience.  Good luck Peter. 🤞

2 hours ago, 84yards said:

REECE LYON!!!!! What a signing. I hope he's made captain. Weird we have signed two rivals' skippers today!

Never clicked with that, so as well as more physical, we already have more leaders on the park. Pleased with our start. If we do add the heavily rumoured Benji, that’s two decent presences in middle of park. 

On the McGuffie debate, I’d keep him. Think there is a player in there with better players around him. He’s clever, finds pockets of space, good use of the ball and can score goals. It’s just finding his role within the team. He’s versatile enough, but I think the 10 is for him. As for Connelly, I like him, but I wouldn’t go over board, I think his highly charged running about gets him away with some games of bringing nowt else.

and McPake? Yes please. 

We are beginning to develop an improved spine to the team compared to last season. Brydon and Douglas with Lyon, Benji and Cochrane is the making of a half decent team.

I’ll be interested to see the calibre of player we bring in who hasn’t previously been managed by Murphy.

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Benji and Douglas I reckon. Would be happy with Mimnaugh as well. 

Latest rumours are McGuffie is wanted by Murphy and Connelly is considering PT football. Be interesting to see if any of our ex players are returning today. 

Interesting.

49 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Great first day of announcing signings. Looking forward to the rest being announced over the next few days. 

What a difference in the PR since Mr McLinden joined the BOD’s 

It's just BOD, m8.

If the friendly could be at Palmerston, between 20th June and 7th July, and be not behind closed door, that would be great. 

4 minutes ago, Swarley said:

If the friendly could be at Palmerston, between 20th June and 7th July, and be not behind closed door, that would be great. 

image.jpeg.028e551ec8c46786c917f3887dd3239c.jpegthere you go!