The Queen of the South thread

6 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

I’m sat here raging as I don’t have a clue 😂

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Been annoying me who those initials could be, like a jag in the side of my stomach... Can only think of one person and think it would indeed be a very good signing if it's him. Surely he'll have better offers?

Aye, I had no idea either but the Jamie Sneddon shout could be right (can't think of any other with those initials).  Surprising for him to drop a league if true.  Think he'd be a good signing at this level though ... 47 clean sheets in 128 games for Thistle (plus he scored a goal), albeit with a decent defence in front of him.

4 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, I had no idea either but the Jamie Sneddon shout could be right (can't think of any other with those initials).  Surprising for him to drop a league if true.  Think he'd be a good signing at this level though ... 47 clean sheets in 128 games for Thistle (plus he scored a goal), albeit with a decent defence in front of him.

A goal that arguably kept Mr McCall in his job past his sell by date.

21 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Thistle fans seemed happy he was gone but it seems he had dropped form recently. Perhaps a fresh start is what he needs. We could do a lot worse. 

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Thistle fans seemed happy he was gone but it seems he had dropped form recently. Perhaps a fresh start is what he needs. We could do a lot worse. 

Yeah, had a drop off last year and had a bad injury. 

Recovered from that as far as I am aware.

He has some deficiencies but what keeper doesn't at Championship or League 1 level, I suppose.

His kicking and general distribution was a lot better and he can make top class saves when called upon. He had the fourth most saves in the Championship season just finished but only 4 clean sheets.

I would think he'd be a solid keeper in the third tier especially if he stops having the odd clanger.

Good luck to him at Palmerston if/ when he signs.

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Benji officially back. With him and Lyon that's instantly more presence in the middle next season. 

Nice one Benji lad, nice one - could this be a return of an actual proper midfield ... that we haven't had for the past couple of seasons?  Two year deal as well.

No hint of young Mimnaugh returning yet though.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Artemis said:

The League Cup game at home v Aberdeen is on a Saturday - 13 July 5.15pm ko as it is live on Premier Sports.

Surprised that was chosen, more dosh though which is always decent?  Counter that with the fact that it will no doubt reduce the number of travelling Dandies though.

Edit - pish, I'm away on holiday and don't subscribe to Premier bloody Sports.

Edited by Otis Blue

Just now, Otis Blue said:

Surprised that was chosen, more dosh though which is always decent?  Counter that with the fact that it will no doubt reduce the number of travelling Dandies though.

Aberdeen manager's first game. Makes sense. 

4 minutes ago, Artemis said:

The League Cup game at home v Aberdeen is on a Saturday - 13 July 5.15pm ko as it is live on Premier Sports.

Glad it's on the Saturday and won't clash with Scotland in the Euros final on the Sunday!

22 minutes ago, Artemis said:

What a pish decision :lol: Aberdeen to beat us comfortably and Airdrie to beat Aberdeen...

Hopefully we get a decent bit of money for it though. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

What a pish decision :lol: Aberdeen to beat us comfortably and Airdrie to beat Aberdeen...

Hopefully we get a decent bit of money for it though. 

I'm surprised they didn't pick EK game with the Micky Kennedy angle. 

Just now, 84yards said:

I'm surprised they didn't pick EK game with the Micky Kennedy angle. 

Aye, I thought that was a stick on cert ...