The Queen of the South thread

33 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Surprised that was chosen, more dosh though which is always decent?  Counter that with the fact that it will no doubt reduce the number of travelling Dandies though.

Edit - pish, I'm away on holiday and don't subscribe to Premier bloody Sports.

My mate who is an Aberdeen season ticket holder thinks they’ll take 1k down minimum. It’s their managers first game and will be another ground ticked off for most travelling down.

36 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Surprised that was chosen, more dosh though which is always decent?  Counter that with the fact that it will no doubt reduce the number of travelling Dandies though.

Edit - pish, I'm away on holiday and don't subscribe to Premier bloody Sports.

Aye, on holiday too. Bit gutted to miss it.

11 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

My mate who is an Aberdeen season ticket holder thinks they’ll take 1k down minimum. It’s their managers first game and will be another ground ticked off for most travelling down.

Was about to comment that we played them not long ago and most folk would have been there. Then I checked the date. Feeling really old it was 21 years ago. Can still remember the swerve on Weatherson's strike. 

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Was about to comment that we played them not long ago and most folk would have been there. Then I checked the date. Feeling really old it was 21 years ago. Can still remember the swerve on Weatherson's strike. 

Bit before my time that…

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Main memory of that game (if I'm thinking of the same one - thought it was a 0-0) was Goram wiggling his bum at the Dons fans in response to some "banter".  🤣

ETA - I haven't checked, but I thought we played them in the Scottish Cup in the Gus season and managed to force a replay, which was some achievement for that rabble?

Edited by Slipmat

So far I am happy enough with the signings.  In the space of 2 days we are instantly more physical than we were last season.  Also for the first time in a long while we may now have something resembling a midfield.

11 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Main memory of that game (if I'm thinking of the same one - thought it was a 0-0) was Goram wiggling his bum at the Dons fans in response to some "banter".  🤣

ETA - I haven't checked, but I thought we played them in the Scottish Cup in the Gus season and managed to force a replay, which was some achievement for that rabble?

So we did! Totally forgot about that one. 

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What a pish decision :lol: Aberdeen to beat us comfortably and Airdrie to beat Aberdeen...

Hopefully we get a decent bit of money for it though. 

Aberdeen’s game with Airdrie is live on tv as well.
Each club gets £18,000 for a group game televised live. £30,000 each in the later rounds.

Sad to say the first time I saw Aberdeen was another League Cup game at Palmy, but this was a 0-4 humping in the early 70s with wee Joe Harper in the Dons attack that day... yep, I'm an auld git now ...

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

"Marquee Signing" at 5pm 😯

I will give it my full attention.

But seriously, what a difference a few weeks make. Positivity, optimism - life is a bit sweeter.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

"Marquee Signing" at 5pm 😯

I thought Dickinson was the last signing of the day. Maybe the marquee signing is another day. Or is he the marquee signing?

Edited by qos_75

4 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Can play anywhere down the left of the pitch and signs on a two year deal with an option of a third.

A Carlisle-based lad.

Will soon have a full team of midfielders. I doubt he has signed for tuppence halfpenny! Could still do with another striker and definitely a goalie or 2 

How big is the squad now?

Never heard of Dickenson before, so don't know how decent or not he is.  Have to hope he's not another Hutchinson with a 2 year deal.  That said he has a lot more full league experience down south with bigger clubs than Hutchinson or the likes of Walker had so hopefully he's at a higher level than them.  Murphy obviously knows more of him from his Carlisle contacts so you'd like to think his judgement is sound here.  Apparently (as my good friend Wiki tells me) he brings energy to the midfield ... so that's an improvement at least.

Just now, Otis Blue said:

Never heard of Dickenson before, so don't know how decent or not he is.  Have to hope he's not another Hutchinson with a 2 year deal.  That said he has a lot more full league experience down south with bigger clubs than Hutchinson or the likes of Walker had so hopefully he's at a higher level than them.  Murphy obviously knows more of him from his Carlisle contacts so you'd like to think his judgement is sound here.  Apparently (as my good friend Wiki tells me) he brings energy to the midfield ... so that's an improvement at least.

According to my source, same one as you, he can also play upfront. 

45 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Sad to say the first time I saw Aberdeen was another League Cup game at Palmy, but this was a 0-4 humping in the early 70s with wee Joe Harper in the Dons attack that day... yep, I'm an auld git now ...

Me too !