The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Sad to say the first time I saw Aberdeen was another League Cup game at Palmy, but this was a 0-4 humping in the early 70s with wee Joe Harper in the Dons attack that day... yep, I'm an auld git now ...

Me too 🧑‍🦯

15 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I see you lads have decided to stay in League One for the foreseeable.

My condolences. 

Christ he is absolutely awful. He’s up there with the worst keeper I’ve ever seen play for us.

1 hour ago, Katboy said:

So far I am happy enough with the signings.  In the space of 2 days we are instantly more physical than we were last season.  Also for the first time in a long while we may now have something resembling a midfield.

Agree with that but now need to work on recruitment in the forward areas over the next couple of weeks. 

I've seen Dickenson play for Carlisle a fair bit, it's an intriguing signing. I wasn't a massive fan of his, but the managers he played under and ex pros in the media were. Perhaps one of those guys who does a lot of graft that goes unnoticed to the untrained eye. Chris Beech in particular went on about him being capable of playing a level above Carlisle.

However, he had injury problems. He looked to be capable of being fast, but I don't really remember him bursting past people. He always struck me as someone who spent too much time on his upper body in the gym, he looked too bulky up top for a footballer. Part of me wondered if this was the cause of his injuries, or the result of spending lots of time in the gym whilst rehabbing. 

As stated, he can play anywhere on the left, and I've also seen him play centre midfield and behind the striker. He's strong and powerful with a hell of a shot on him and a great whipped cross. He's not afraid of a challenge or a yellow card, so Murphy is definitely standing by his promise to make the team more physical.

I'm looking forward to seeing Dickenson play for Queens, although I haven't seen him play for a while, I think if he stays fit he should be a strong player at this level.

25 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Christ he is absolutely awful. He’s up there with the worst keeper I’ve ever seen play for us.

Hopefully the article is as accurate in saying that Stewart is signing as it is in stating that Charlie Cowie is a teenager.

Man, Cheezy would be a big gamble even at league 1 level.

Hopefully, the wires have got crossed and you're getting Sneddon after all.

You never know for sure, as different players can turn out okay playing elsewhere for a different team.

Seems a nice enough guy but I couldn't give much of a glowing report based on his time at Firhill.

36 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

According to Soccerbase, he played 9 games for Queens in 2020.

P9 W0 D3 L6 Pts3 F8 A19

So conceded an average of 2.1 goals per game. That would be 76 for a season.

2 minutes ago, Artemis said:

P9 W0 D3 L6 Pts3 F8 A19

He was also in goal for Hearts when Brora Rangers put them out the cup.

9 minutes ago, Artemis said:

P9 W0 D3 L6 Pts3 F8 A19

He conceded 11 in his three appearances for us. So 132 over a season. I think you’d struggle with that.

He did save a penalty at tannadice, which was a good laugh. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Artemis said:

P9 W0 D3 L6 Pts3 F8 A19

Was he trying to keep goal when we papped plastic whistle in the cup early last season?

Sorry can't be bothered to check back myself. 

Edited by bod

22 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

He was also in goal for Hearts when Brora Rangers put them out the cup.

And when Queens scored 3 goals at Tynecastle for their first win there since the Stone Age.

3 minutes ago, bod said:

Was he trying to keep goal when we papped plastic whistle in the cup early last season?

Sorry can't be bothered to check back myself. 

No. Jamie Sneddon was in goal for Thistle.