The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I see you lads have decided to stay in League One for the foreseeable.

My condolences. 

NO NO NO NO NO NO 

12 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Assuming you mean Antell?
If so marginally less shit than really shit 😒

You've just ruined my weekend by mentioning him. 

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I see you lads have decided to stay in League One for the foreseeable.

My condolences. 

It's fine, we've decided that winning is vulgar and not all that it's made up to be ...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 84yards said:

At this stage I'm hoping the reporter has got Stewart and Sneddon mixed up...but I doubt it. 

I was also thinking, and hoping that  but there's potential bad news in the Carlisle link.

You have to assume that Peter Murphy has spoken to Carlisle manager Paul Simpson before signing Brennan Dickenson. The worrying thing is, Simpson tried to sign Ross Stewart last season 

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/23975291.carlisle-united-thwarted-bid-sign-former-hearts-keeper/

Edited by DG.Roma

1 hour ago, DG.Roma said:

I was also thinking, and hoping that  but there's potential bad news in the Carlisle link.

You have to assume that Peter Murphy has spoken to Carlisle manager Paul Simpson before signing Brennan Dickenson. The worrying thing is, Simpson tried to sign Ross Stewart last season 

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/23975291.carlisle-united-thwarted-bid-sign-former-hearts-keeper/

Oh No Fire GIF

8 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Dickenson was training with Annan last pre season so clearly aware of his talents. 

As much as I’m dreading Ross Stewart being our number one, I’d imagine Murphy, Mcmenamin and connolly have came across him previously giving there years in senior football up here. 

51 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Would rather have kept Botterill. Always thought he was solid enough at this level. 

Couldn’t agree more. Puzzling. Wouldn’t have swapped him for this bombscare

Well done to Dan and Gav for completing their cycle charity ride and raising almost £4K. A couple of really good guys to have around the club and the money will be well used in the community. Also nice to see that our recently departed, and much criticised manager made a contribution to this worthwhile effort.

23 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Well done to Dan and Gav for completing their cycle charity ride and raising almost £4K. A couple of really good guys to have around the club and the money will be well used in the community. Also nice to see that our recently departed, and much criticised manager made a contribution to this worthwhile effort.

Aye, kudos to the pair of them.  They did it in 10 days so that's got to be something between 80 and 90 miles cycling each day - that's way beyond me and my dodgy knee now that's for sure.  Impressive effort guys.