The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

I imagine that signing will mean we won’t see  Lee Connelly back at Palmerston next season 

Aye, that's probably the signing that Murphy alluded to in the Courier, if so that ends his attempts to persuade Connelly to stay.

Really pleased with the Kennedy signing.  I've always been impressed with him when I've seen him, the only downside being that with being a right-footed left winger he does have a tendency to cut inside to get the ball onto his stronger foot before passing/crossing rather than cross with his left.  But, a very good signing for this level all the same.  I had Dickenson marked down as being our first choice left winger... I wonder if Murphy plans to use him as a left back or striker?

2 minutes ago, Swarley said:

What's there to do in or around the Dumfries area these days? Looking to drive down around lunchtime. I've seen the Pantheon, Pyramids and Great Zebra Migration before so if anyone has any other touristy ideas? 

View the run- down statue of Rabbie Burns, followed by lunch in Weatherspoons, take in the sights of the closed down shops on the High, Srreet, hopefully avoiding being targeted by the gulls, then down the Vennel to see more closed down shops, onto the Whitesands to see the river at low level and more gulls sunbathing on the gravel banks. The fountain in the High Street looks nice and no problem if you fancy a haircut, there must be about a dozen barbers in and around the Town Centre. Sit out at one of the many pavement cafes,  again try avoiding being targeted by gulls. If you cross the river you can visit the Museum and Camera Obscura, assuming that it isn't closed again that is. Welcome to Dumfries, "The Queen of the South" .

11 minutes ago, Swarley said:

What's there to do in or around the Dumfries area these days? Looking to drive down around lunchtime. I've seen the Pantheon, Pyramids and Great Zebra Migration before so if anyone has any other touristy ideas? 

There is a sign that draws thrill seekers from near and far. Will it/won’t it be updated?

12 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

There is a sign that draws thrill seekers from near and far. Will it/won’t it be updated?

That's on my bucket list. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Aye, that's probably the signing that Murphy alluded to in the Courier, if so that ends his attempts to persuade Connelly to stay.

Happy with Kai Kennedy. I liked Lee but I think it’s more about attitude than skill, sadly. 

To be honest think the way the team are shaping up Lee could have had a cracking season with Queens. Would have liked him to stay but did act quite amateurish at times so can see him ending up at a part time club next season.

25 minutes ago, sneeuq said:

To be honest think the way the team are shaping up Lee could have had a cracking season with Queens. Would have liked him to stay but did act quite amateurish at times so can see him ending up at a part time club next season.

Kind of like the idea of Lee Connelly but at same time doesn’t really sound like it would be a great idea. If he’s acting unprofessionally and not looking after himself properly at Full Time level not really sure how that would benefit anybody, a club or himself, if he went Part Time - if anything he’d have to act a bit more professional to allow himself to stay on top of his fitness when he’s away from football in a working environment and not got the benefit of that extra couple days training to help him. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, sneeuq said:

Alloa I would suspect as was there before

3 hours ago, Swarley said:

Don’t miss the Peter Pan museum, an excellent day out.

avoid the Hole in the Wall with a passion, it’s a dirty, clarty dump these days.

Enjoy visiting your old schools, etc. 😊

1 hour ago, Bluenortherner said:

Enjoy visiting your old schools, etc. 

My only connection to Dumfries, apart from supporting QoS, is that I was born there.

I could revisit the various grounds where me and my mates were beaten every other Sunday! 

7 hours ago, Swarley said:

My only connection to Dumfries, apart from supporting QoS, is that I was born there.

I could revisit the various grounds where me and my mates were beaten every other Sunday! 

Public beatings? Tough upbringing.

14 hours ago, Swarley said:

Whatever you decide grab a set of litter pickers and a green bag and tidy up wherever you decide to go ................. Lord knows it will need it !

10 hours ago, Swarley said:

If you were born in Cresswell Maternity Hosp, it's been pulled down and houses built. They had to demolish it cos of the number of big cracks in the wards.

Kai looked very promising for Accies when he played with us under Stuart Taylor sadly only played a few games for us then got injured but I can't remember him having a bad game for us and always was decent I would have took him back definitely a championship level player. 

16 hours ago, Swarley said:

If you've time to kill during the day and fancy sampling a bit of the old country's ancient history then a wee short trip south to Caerlaverock Castle is pleasant and there's a nice wee cafe on the auld quay at Glencaple en route.  As boys we used to cycle down to the castle and get chased by the castle warden ... happy daze ...

17 hours ago, Swarley said:

You might find something on this  Tripadvisor list.

Looking like Reagan Mimnaugh is signing for  East Kilbride.

Surprised we never tried to keep him but maybe to much of a risk after his injury.  

Decent player but like with Connelly we move on .

5 hours ago, lyle be back said:

Public beatings? Tough upbringing.

Close. Weekly hammerings from Maxwelltown, Heston, Lochar et al at U14 and U16 level.

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If you were born in Cresswell Maternity Hosp, it's been pulled down and houses built. They had to demolish it cos of the number of big cracks in the wards.

Yep Cresswell baby. I might knock on a door and announce that I was born here 50 years ago, could I please have a cup of tea.

Where are Gates M2 and M3? Presumably they are the Ice Bowl side access to the Portland Drive Terrace?

1 minute ago, Swarley said:

Close. Weekly hammerings from Maxwelltown, Heston, Lochar et al at U14 and U16 level.

Yep Cresswell baby. I might knock on a door and announce that I was born here 50 years ago, could I please have a cup of tea.

Where are Gates M2 and M3? Presumably they are the Ice Bowl side access to the Portland Drive Terrace?

Where have you seen gates M2 and M3? 

If you go to the shop, I'm sure Dan will give you a tour of the ground